LEGO 6042 Dungeon Hunters error?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

LEGO 6042 Dungeon Hunters error?

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Hi :D

I was wondering if anybody knows why some 6042 sets came with Bar 1 x 6 with Studs Closed while others came with Bar 1 x 6 with Studs Open. Was this an error made by TLC?

Also, you can't build the set completely if you have the one that came with the Bar 1 x 6 with Studs Closed.

Any ideas?

Erwin
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

My brother got this set in 1990 and I have later acquired a copy for myself. Both of our sets have the open 1x6 bar piece. The open piece is used in the set instructions. I imagine that inventory you referenced is incorrect.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Hi Ben

I bought a MISB 6042 set recently. My set came with the closed stud 1x6 pieces. I have checked with the inventory at Peeron and BrickLink. Peeron indicated that the set came with either the closed stud pieces or open stud pieces but not both.

Apparently, some 6042 sets came with Bar 1 x 6 with Studs Closed while others came with Bar 1 x 6 with Studs Open. This is what I am wondering about. Was it an error by TLC?

Erwin
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Erwin,

I was unaware of this set inconsistency. Perhaps there were two runs of production of this set and one of them has the incorrect pieces. Could you let us know about the printed dates on the instructions or box? Are these different than the scans on brickshelf?

Maybe Jojo or someone else knows more about this than me.

Ben
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Semi-related question: Where does the date on instructions or boxes appear?

Cm2
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

architect wrote:
Could you let us know about the printed dates on the instructions or box? Are these different than the scans on brickshelf?
Stated on the box:

"Conforms to ASTM F963-86. Contents made in DENMARK, SWITZERLANDS and USA. Packed and distributed by LEGO Systems, Inc., 555 Taylor Road, P.O. Box 1600, Enfield, CT 06083-1600. (R) LEGO, LEGOLAND and the LEGO Logo are registered trademarks of INTERLEGO AG. (C)1990 LEGO Group."

The instruction is same as that found at Brickshelf, dated 1990. Printed in Denmark by Laursen Tonder.

porschecm2 wrote:
Semi-related question: Where does the date on instructions or boxes appear?
Usually at the bottom of the box and instruction, I guess.

Erwin