Has this been shared here yet? (New pics of the KK2 sets)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Has this been shared here yet? (New pics of the KK2 sets)

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Mask of Destiny has some pics of the new KK sets, including a very nice close up of the minifigs.

In spite of everything else, I'm liking the helms.

http://www.maskofdestiny.com/archiveimage.asp?i=4057

--Anthony
Last edited by SavaTheAggie on Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Some of the helmets look a little too oversized for me. Particularly the light blue guy.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I agree. It actually reminds me of a helmet for a technic fig. However I definately do like the helmet on the far left. Although it's the only one I really do like...

As for the sword...they look like a futuristic sort of sword to me. They just have this space look to them I think.

The shields...just don't do anything for me really. They might be better if they had a better logo on them I think.

Thanks for the link Anthony. :)
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

Haha, some of the helms look to be the size of Dark Helmet's headgear in "Space Balls."

"What's the matter Colonel Sanders, chicken?"

-Jeff
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

I would say that they are oversized so they match with the armour better. But the blue one...
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
st1920
Peasant

Post by st1920 »

I think the shields are great for making a Roman army. especially the blue knight's shield, because it has an eagle on it
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

The helmet look futuristic. They could be more appropriate for star war. They look like Boba fett (star war) helmet.

Did you notice the strange looking of the back of the Citadel of Orlan on another picture. What all these things is suppose to do ?

We are really far from the castle we knew in our childhood.
Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

I really, really like the helmet on the far left-probably the best thing to come out of this series so far. The black knight is great, and he comes in a cheap set, so im gonna stock up on him. I like the shield shape, but not the stickers on them. From what I see of the old guy, i like his torso.
Blue and Purple knight... :? Useless. Ill paint the armor dark gray and the helmets I'll modify a little and paint.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

The black helmet on the left looks great. The other helms seem too "Masters of the Universe" or "Power Rangers" for me. However, the armour looks great! I'll be purchasing a bunch of the various colors off of Bricklink...
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

I like the shields, but I hate every one of the designs on them. The trick will be getting the right size hole puncher when making new designs for them.

It isn't quite the right shape, but the "helmet on the far left" is vaguely a barbute on it's facial opening and should be good addition. Other than the color, I like the green helmet. I can work with or overwhelm the color as needs be (I already mix in colored helmets with my visors, I'll just reverse the process). The purple one might be okay, too. The blue would be fine except it appears way too big - that, and Barbie Blue will not survive intact with me. I don't mind the red color so much as the shape of that helmet. The black at least isn't candy colored.

I suppose I'll let a few examples of the designs on the armor survive, but on most, one word: Brasso! I hate the King's torso design.

There's stuff I can work with, and some I actually like, and some I don't. Mixed lot.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I have mixed feelings about the helmets. I like the designs for what they are - a futuristic oversized group of new helmets. I think the red helmet particularly will be nice for space moc's or maybe for swat team members.

The sets look a bit better at different angles. But it this castle has a storyline, set group of figures, unrealistic design, etc.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

The coloured helmets are oversized, in my opinion. Much too big to look good. Except for the far left, of course.

I actually quite like the King's torso. Too bad there isn't a figure set with him in it. Sans the crown, he actually looks quite good.

The "old guy", Orlon (I think...), looks like the best of the bunch. Too bad he comes in a large set.
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

I love the black euro armor and helmet of the guy in the middle. Also, now that I look at it again, the Vladek Encounter (sp?) doesn't seem that bad. Not as overpriced as I had originally thought, and definitely not as nice as the prototype version, but I'll definitely be buying at least 3. You get The purple and black knight, both of which seem to be the best (excluding the red knight), and the horse with the barding and head armor.

Just my thoughts.

--Caleb
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Every time I see these, I get sicker. Sure, they're great for futuristic space-type themes, but Castle? No way. I do like the far left helmet somewhat, though, and I like the far right guy.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

This post wasn't even here when I made a post about the same pic....

Anyhow, the ones I don't like are the green, red, purple/violet, and lt. blue helmets. The rest are OK however.

I only wish they made Minifig packs of these. I really don't like how TLC is forcing us to buy whole BIG sets to just to get them.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]