Weekly Set Review: Wolfpack Renegades

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Pacificus
Villein

Post by Pacificus »

This was a good set, but it makes you wonder why half of the Wolfpack population suffers from poor depth perception. :wink:

I give it a 9.5/10, a solid A, because it was fun to play with years ago, and the secret compartment is still pretty cool.
PACIFICVS
Jyp
Peasant

Post by Jyp »

I don't like the Wolfpack (and even less the Forestmen), because they seem not realistic. Otherwise, it is a good set, well done, rather realistic, and funny (I like the idea of the hiding-place).
The Wolfpack Boss
Freeman

Awesome

Post by The Wolfpack Boss »

The Wolfpack were too few . . . basically two different minifigs with the occasional variety in cape color . . . but this wagon was a clever little concept.

I love the Wolfpack . . . their small tower was one of my first castle sets, and I still have it on a shelf, but I never got the waggon. Something about a blue waggon for thieves that are supposed to be hiding, anyway, I've attempted to make it in black and brown out of already owned Legos, so I guess copying the set is liking it to some degree.

That and two bandits and a horse are always cool . . . too bad they never got the full-on Forestmen treatment, I can think of several ideas for sets . . .

Anyway, this thing gets a 5 out of 10 from me.
Harbourmaster's Office
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/4033675 ... 8cb1_t.jpg[/img]
(More at Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8273684@N02/4033675910/[/url])
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Back when I was using Castle AS Castle, I really liked the Wolfpack. My only problem with them was that Lego never really made enough Wolfpack sets. I did use them as foot soldiers for my Wolf Knights though. I bought about 3 of these particular sets. I had 2 of their Towers, and the rest of the Wolf figs I got were through either minifig packs, value set packs, or via *wink* BrickLink.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Hm..I like the flag and nice selection of weapons. The two mifigs are good too. Horse is very nice. I say a 9.9/10
Space rocks.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I liked this set enough to buy two of them back then. It had the first brown minifig torsos and I needed them for custom figs *hides in embarassment*
The cart is nice and the supplemental weapons are cool, as others already said.

As for the blue cart for meant to stay camouflaged robbers: Maybe they stole the cart? It's unlikely robbers drive to their location by cart :-) They get the carts at their locations.

Bye
Jojo

TheCastle
Peasant

set

Post by TheCastle »

i have 3 of these i really like em i am going to use these in my next MOC it will start in afew weeks maybe months any way i rate this set 10/10 loads of weapons,cheap,2 minifigs great cart design. WELL WORTH IT.

TheCastle
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

What can I say? I don't have a single wolfpack set. None. Nada. Zip. The Big Goose Egg.

I love the concept of a darker, non-noble faction, but it was a brief fling by Lego with only a few sets. The wagon is a nice two-axle set for smugglers though I'm not sure I like the use of the smaller wheels.

I intend to add this to my collection at some future date - even though I have no actual Wolfpack sets, I seem to have 60-70 of the actual figs. They need some transportion for the swag the have been accumulating and a place to store it. :D
Last edited by TwoTonic Knight on Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Hey this is the cheapest way to get wolf knights on ebay :D
Alan
good times
AoErat
Villein

Post by AoErat »

Awesome set. I keep two built 'cause they are just that cool. Those guys are sure well armed ... sword, lance, spear, bow, or crossbow to choose from.

The whole wolfpack theme is a bit odd but then again, I've grown to like them.
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

Sir Smittens wrote:I never really liked the wolfpack, so I suppose my view is a little biased. The cart and horse would be nice for a village, but I'd prefer Forestmen or Black Falcons. Still better than anything now.

7.5/10

--Caleb
That was wierd...all I did was edit my rating. If you edit something really old does it make a new message?
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

It's a great set. Yes, too many of the wolf pack figs had eyes missing, but it's still a great set.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

The Wolf guys have a nice device, but were always too few. The peasant hoods with a relatively complex arms just doesn't compute. I like to put black helms on them. As for this set, it's fairly pedestrian. Good army builder. 8 of 10
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I think this faction is cool. I like them a lot.

The inclusion of hood is good too and totally logical, because bandit are usually not really rich. And also, many bandits come from peasant class. So they could wear hoods too.

The few think that i dislike in this set is the blue color of the cart. Usually color are only for decorative, in castle. It's not the main color usually. But I don't think Wolfpack are supposed to be camouflaged. Where is this write ? Forestmens are living in the wood and try to be camouflaged, but not Wolfpacks. This is probably a stole cart.

I give it it a 9/10.
ezehogan
Foot Soldier

Post by ezehogan »

I bought this set from S@H in 1995 or so. There isn't really anything not to like about this set. The only complaint I have does not so much concern this set as much as the Wolfpack in general, and that is the fact that they all had beards or patches on their eyes. I think that Lego should have released a few of the Wolfpack figures with the standard smiley face heads for better troop building. More Wolfpack sets would have been welcome as well, but considering they were supposed to be a small band of thieves, I would say the sets we did get did them justice.

Lots of weapons, two treasures, two figures, and a nifty little cart with a secret compartment. 9 of 10.
"A chair like this is like a girlfriend! Why would you trade in an old one that's comfortable for a new one that could be a pain in the butt?" -Archie Bunker-