Weekly Set Review: Wolfpack Tower

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Assamite
Serf

Post by Assamite »

I brought this at the beginning of my Dark Age, last real set I brought. Really liked it. I'm not sure the wolfpack really needed a castle. Maybe a guild house or Inn, or something like the Forestmen hideouts.

The inside can be kitted out I guess. Maybe I'll do it as my first MOC.

Still a very pretty set.

8/10

Cameron
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Awesome set. This is the set that made me want to collect the wolfpack faction. I really like that they chose a blue baseplate (obviously to represent water), which nicely contrasts with the colors of the building.

Overall a great set.

Rating: 8/10
Baned
Foot Soldier

Post by Baned »

Easily my favorite castle theme ever, with Forestmen and Dark Forest both occupying #2.

In fact, I just rebuilt this set today, forgot how sweet it was. Now I have all three of Woldpack sets sitting on the shelf ready to collect dust!

I loved how some sets had a Wolfpack fig added it, like the Black Knight's Castle and the minifig pack was nearly all Dragon Masters. Wasn't there a DM castle that had a Wolfpack prisoner as well?

Back to the set at hand, it didn't have nearly enough weapons, just one of each standard weapon and a single shield. I think their wagon has more weaponry.
Peeron contributions: 577 (Viking Chess), 7009, 7654, 7655, 7695, 7771, 8813, 8821, and 8822.

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MaccyG]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I loved the Wolfpack/Forestmen theme, and generally preferred their Castle adventures to that of the knights.

I ordered myself one of these sets last week, purely because I thought i'd treat myself. It's due any day now. :D
The_Hun
Laborer

Post by The_Hun »

One of my favourites, recently acquired and restored to near-mint condition.

Wolfpack are among my top 3 favourite factions. The minifigs are great. I like the way the building is built on water, but it needs modifications to remove water from inside the tower. The construction of the bridge is good, and I like how the upper floors can only be accessed via swinging ladders. The color scheme with black walls and red roof is also nice. The treasure chest and the blue baseplate are always very useful, too.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=The_Hun]My Bricklink[/url] * [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=TheHun]My Brickshelf[/url]
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This set does not do the cool Wolfpack faction justice. It looks too much like a dilapidated civilian building, like a mill or a broken windmill. I think that an MOC is the only way to properly house the Wolfpack.