Favorite fig pt1

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Brickboy
Steward

Favorite fig pt1

Post by Brickboy »

Hi! now that we all know who the ugliest castle fig is. lets figure out whos the best looking, or favorite.
Alan
P.S sorry for the earlier confusion :D
Last edited by Brickboy on Mon May 10, 2004 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
good times
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Favorite or most useful? Those have two different answers for me, so ya gotta choose! :D
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Hm....most usefull. I would say the Richard knight from KKI. He has the coolest scale mail. Now the best would be Probably...Dark Forest guy. They have awesome torsos
Space rocks.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Scale mail in either red or blue. There are many great things about this figure in my opinion:

1. Plenty were/are available
2. The torso looks like real armour without looking too big. (Does that make sense?)
3. You can turn these figures into any faction you like.
4. Great for army building

Is it my favorite torso? No, but it is the most useful.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

I'd say that the leather and studded leather torso designs from Dark Forest look the coolest.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

forester3291 wrote:Hm....most usefull. I would say the Richard knight from KKI. He has the coolest scale mail. Now the best would be Probably...Dark Forest guy. They have awesome torsos
Most useful, then.

Classic scale guy. I can always use more. It isn't so fancy as to be limiting, it's straightforward, and it looks good. The brigandine (studded leather) guy from Dark Forest is another great one, and one of my personal favorites, but he is rare. I wish they had used him in more sets - it's a great fig.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

For most useful to me, it is a toss up between the mail torso and the printed single piece breastplate torso used on legoland knights. Both are extremely useful for a variety of figures.

For coolest figure, right now my favorite is Igor from the Vampire's Crypt set. He has an awesome peasants torso, a basket, and a really goofy expression on his face. Of course my favorites change from time to time.

Ben E.
Cat
Villein

Post by Cat »

I think for my favorite right now, I would have to say Princess Storm. But then I am biased. There are not many female figs to choose from. For the most useful, I think the simple scale armor is the best.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Ok, most useful fig: The single-piece, breast plate torso that comes on all the LEGOLAND knights is very useful and the plate torso from KKI is as well. I also love the very versatile studded torso. And don't forget the leather Bull armor guys from KKI! I also like the studded leather from Dark Forest. I guess those are my favorite useful figs. :D

As for my favorite, the Black Knight from 6034 is my favorite official fig, my very favorite is my sig-fig.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

My Favorite official fig is also the knight from the 6034 set. I have a plethora of custom designed figs based on non-modified parts and they are all my favorites in one way or another. Almost every official castle fig has had redeeming qualities and I am crossing my fingers that the KKII line will have one or two decent figs underneath that jellybean armor.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

I really like the wizard from the 1993 dragon masters-line and I'm prepared to nem him my favourite mini-fig.

As for the most usefull figure, I agree with those of you who have allready said thet the scalemail-people are the best, were they came from and what face they have does'nt really matter:)

Play Well!
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Bye
Jojo

rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

architect wrote:For coolest figure, right now my favorite is Igor from the Vampire's Crypt set. He has an awesome peasants torso, a basket, and a really goofy expression on his face. Of course my favorites change from time to time.
I see that guy popping up in Castle MOCs all the time lately. It is a pretty neat peasant torso, but the goofy face kinda bugs me sometimes.

Anyway, aside from "cool" figs which I mentioned before, my favorites have generally been the classic peasants and the 6040 blacksmith.

I wish there were more female figs.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

For most useful, I have to agree that the Richard figs from KK1 are the best. Those torsos and legs are the BEST!

As for my favourite, this may surprise some, but I like the Black-and-red knight with the DM face from the Royal Knight's Castle (6090). This is mainly due to my history with him. In my games, he was one of the best heroes, and due to his DM ancestry and RK loyalty, he was a interesting character as well as super-warrior. For parts though, he really isn't all that useful.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

The Black Knights with Euro Amor. Nothing can beat that. Just not that good for archers... :D
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin