Crownies!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Re: Crownies!

Post by DaleDVM »

I see the crownie thread has come back. I feel justified commenting as I have obtained more of them. Granted this was not planned as I think the crownies ran longer than was necessary in the first place. With MMV still on the shelves I feel the Crownies may never truly retire.

I picked up a couple more troll mountain fortresses. On special at Target...

6 more for the army. The crownies cannot be stopped! :twitch: I half expect them to release them in a Kingdoms set. :tasty:
Baron Greenbriar
Villein

Post by Baron Greenbriar »

Yes the Crownies running so long caused their size to explode. I maybe have 15-20 which is a lot for me. Come to think of it I actually have more trolls! :? Hmm...
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

I was hoping to pick up a Troll Mountain Fortress or 2 at Target today, but they're back up to regular price (over $100).... :(
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Re:

Post by J_MAN »

Hob Took wrote:I've got about 25-30 right now making it my largest faction! :D Planning to use them all in a "big" battle against my barbarian faction of 24.

I have a question to any army builders out there: Do you use all those figs eventually or do you just display them to intimidate others? :)

-Hob Took
What do your barbarians look like?
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

The week of Thanksgiving, my local Target had the King's Castle for $70 or the Troll Mountain Fortress for $100. Not having either one, I went with the lower priced King's Castle. I already had enough Crown Knights and duplicates of the Orc figures from Bricklink. I was rather suprized to see the Mountain Fortress; I would have thought that would have sold out already.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Knight Man
Journeyman

Post by Knight Man »

I'll have two once I get Medieval Market Village :) but right now I don't have any :( . ~KnightMan~
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8475/8406300705_86b2d80f86_m.jpg[/img] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/76575933@N02/]My Flickr[/url] [url=https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-The_Creator]My sets[/url]
bronx
Foot Soldier

Post by bronx »

Several years after their release, and with little interest in the faction, I somehow wound up with around 30-40 . . . likely from miscellaneous Castle minifig lot purchases on eBay.

Then, about a month (maybe two) ago I saw a collection of Crown Knights (approximately 190 minifigs) all with helms, weapons and shields, with about a third being horsemen with body armor, helms with visors and horse bardings.

With the lot going for far less than $2.00 per minifig, I couldn't resist. In the end, the total jumped higher than I hoped to really steal it for, as others likely had the same idea as I did, but I still made out (about $2.85 per minifig).

So, I have around 225 Crown Knights, now. I still do not really care for them, but at least my ever-growing Dragon Masters faction will have someone to mount an attack on (and, of course, annihilate), until I can get my Kingdoms Lion Knights up there.