Crownies!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

I think I have over a dozen Crown Knights, which I think is the most I have of any faction.
cagri
Freeman

Post by cagri »

I don't have much:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=353321

Only a handful but it's ok, I don't need more.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I have about 35, though most have morphed into Gondorians, for whom they are outstanding stand-ins. I'll keep some as an independent knighthood.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Pluto
Villein

Post by Pluto »

I have 75 with including royalty however, I will probably end up selling 10-20 to make room for the inevitable crownies I get from next year's sets.
The_Hun
Laborer

Post by The_Hun »

As you can see here, I have 139 footsoldiers and 13 mounted knights at the moment.

They are all modified, though - all of them have dark blue legs, and I used at least 2 types of Viking torsos, too. The knights had arms, legs and helmets replaced, as well as white plumes added.

These will all end up in a largish battle scene we're preparing for April.

More detailed pictures to follow. :wink:
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=The_Hun]My Bricklink[/url] * [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=TheHun]My Brickshelf[/url]
Lcuan82
Apprentice

Post by Lcuan82 »

The Hun - I also equipped my crown knights with white plumes, so I wasn't surprised to see you do the same. But, you gave every scorpion knight a black plume! That's insane... I have collected Legos for 20 years and I only have 1 black plume to show for
Brik Masta
Foot Soldier

Post by Brik Masta »

I now have around 27.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Lcuan82 wrote: I have collected Legos for 20 years and I only have 1 black plume to show for
I gots none! I started "collecting" in 1993 and went more for parts per buck than for rare parts for bucks, so I skipped over lots of rare parts. I'm still happy... but I need more plumes. :wink:

I do however have a lot of Crownies.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
BrianofBrick06
Foot Soldier

Post by BrianofBrick06 »

I have no crownies. I only recently discovered the newest lines because I have only recently come out of my lego dark age (a month or two ago). So, thus far in my recent collecting, I have only gathered up small numbers of dwarves and trolls. I am definitely hoping the dwarves stay around awhile longer because they are one of my favorite factions...
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

To be honest I love the crownies but think after 2009 I will have more than enough of them being such a massive percent of most current sets 2007-2009. I hope we get a new human faction sometime soon.... not that I want the crownies gone entirely, maybe a soldier here or there as prisoner or to fight with etc. but I am ready for a new human faction.

The only exception is the Gold Knights.... I want to get a few of those gents for an elite unit.

Heir
<----- 1200
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:To be honest I love the crownies but think after 2009 I will have more than enough of them being such a massive percent of most current sets 2007-2009. I hope we get a new human faction sometime soon.... not that I want the crownies gone entirely, maybe a soldier here or there as prisoner or to fight with etc. but I am ready for a new human faction.
The only exception is the Gold Knights.... I want to get a few of those gents for an elite unit.
Heir
Congrats on the 1200th. It also appears that I have a (relative to my other factions) large number of Crown Knights as well. For me, I am equally curious about a new human faction as I am about a potential elven faction. But I am happy to see Skeletons in 2009 sets along with the other Crown, Dwarf, & Orc.

I wish there were better close-ups of the "gold knight."
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I have 7 :oops:
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Tower of Iron Will wrote: I wish there were better close-ups of the "gold knight."
-Tower
How about this one:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/328 ... ac16_b.jpg
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Username,

That is a nice close up.

My only comment for the Gold Knight is I wish they would have made a new shield for him. The standard one just does not sit well to my eyes but thats just my take on it.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:Username,

That is a nice close up.

My only comment for the Gold Knight is I wish they would have made a new shield for him. The standard one just does not sit well to my eyes but thats just my take on it.

Heir
Maybe you could use one of the KKII 2.0 gold shields with the blue falcon. I am planning on using him as the head guard for the king and making a few more guards with pearl gold breastplates.