Weekly Set Review: Knights' Catapult Defense

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Muskey15
Journeyman

Post by Muskey15 »

I bought a couple of these sets, they're okay for an army builder, but as was said before, it is also a good source for shields. 8.5/10
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
Templar Jesse
Gong Farmer

Catapult defense

Post by Templar Jesse »

I personally bought four of these to build up my army... 4 figs and plenty of shields, for the price though, i wish it was more like 9.99$. i give it an overall 4/5.
"God Wills It"
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

I have two of these sets.

Both crownies have a shield, there's lots of weapons, the barrier is neat, and the catapult actually works pretty well.

I like it - I may get more!
<><
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

This is one of the 3 sets priced at $10 and under that made last years release so good. For $10 you get four figures all with shields and weapons.

The little defense post was very well done, few parts, looks rickety, convincing all in all.

The catapult was brick built, which was nice. The dark blue slopes and basket were nice pieces to get.

Overall a great little set. Seeing it again makes me want to go get another.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

The good number of figures, arms, armour and good design on the catapult made this a good set. I very much enjoyed the catapult as it looks sturdy, works fairly well and so far, excluding the shields and the half barrel has been able to resist destruction at the hands of my son! The barrier seems to me like a nice mobile or temporary defence so it looks the part very well.

One of the best sets to get multiples of from 2007.

R
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

I am did what many of you have with the 7091 Knights' Catapult Defense. Yeah I bought multiples of it. (I think I am at 4 or 5) When it first came out it was one of the few sets with shields for the foot soldiers and I really did the black skeletons. JoJo pretty much said it that realistically a catapult would not have a spinning top aka the lego turntable, but one can always just not add the turntable to the set. I do like the size of the wheels. They look like they could handle the “weight” a catapult plus projectile. The entire siege engine looks very well balanced. The skeleton barricade is a little goofy, but seriously are there many skeleton siege engineers? :) IMO the barricade is just the little setup that the boulder from catapult is to crush. I like the figures and it is a pretty sweet deal.

For a smaller set I give it an 8 of 10. The set has great playability, good figure selection, a believable design, and a good selection of mini figs and accessories. TLC did a fine job.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

Decent selection of reusable pieces, great figs, and an intriguing barrier design along with a pleasing comical boulder sized catapult. Well worth the price!

God Bless,

Nathan
darkstarsk8er327
Villein

yea

Post by darkstarsk8er327 »

i really like this set too and agree its not badly priced. its good to have the catapult because it was a large part of the middle ages for taking out large gruops of enemies. it also seems to shoot far and hurt bad for a lego set. ( dont ask how i know this lol) its a great set, has good minifigs and is a good addition to all lego castle sets.

( btw i will soon have up an awesome icon, currently having trouble uploading the pic)
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

Picked two copies of this set up on a whim... turns out it's not too bad of a set! The 4 minifigs included make this a good "gotta increase my army so that the neighbors don't start to invade" item to buy.

The catapult isn't all that bad... for a small set it covers the basics fairly well and leaves room for expansion, especially on the defensive side.

Overall it's got a good mix of pieces that could double for other uses in other themes, so I'd recommend grabbing one if you haven't already.
-Joe "Cool"
LordZode
Apprentice

Post by LordZode »

A fantastic army builder with lots of equipment as has been noted, an even number of figs for both sides.

The Skeleton barricade is suitably grim and evocative with great additional pieces, and the Catapault is very sturdy and attractive.

An excellent set with great value whether put together or used for parts.

I bought 2.
P.S. If you need help making MOCs, making posts, or don't know what to do next, please, let me know! I'm here to help! ;)
deathdog1
Apprentice

Post by deathdog1 »

Good set, as previously stated. I left off the turntable, naturally, but loved the set enough to use it in my brickfilm "Quest For Space." To watch it, click the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYAqtth4cNE

In terms of being a good brickfilm, it was fun to make. It's a hobby, anyway, and this film kind of got me into castle as well. My next one is set in a castle-fantasy world. I'll post it when I finish it.
"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!" http://glomshire.thecomicseries.com/comics/
miniflea84
Laborer

Post by miniflea84 »

Bought several of these as army builders, like people have said, great figs and accessories.
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

I love this set! I only bought 3 of it, but the catapults are amazingly well done, and I definitely could use more.
darkstarsk8er327
Villein

Post by darkstarsk8er327 »

u know what i rlly like this one and i might get another actually