high-res pics of KK2 figs (both versions)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Then cover up Rasco and Danju's, and leave Jayko's alone: just because you like one is reason to endure the other eyesore's.

(Personally though, I'll probably leave the lot uncovered because all of my good guys {and I have too many of them} have as many shields as I want, whereas the baddies are still mostly shieldless, and ugly or ridiculous shields works great for the lesser ranks of an enemy horde.) :D
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:
SavaTheAggie wrote:Unless someone beats me to it, and unless there's a public outcry against it, I've decided that when I get my hands on them I will be doing shield template/designs for stickers of the KK2 knights, if anyone is interested in knowing.

I think having a complete set of these done by you would be a great service to all us Castle fans, but honestly, my bet would be the race is to cover them up with better designs. :D
Well all I really need is one shield to get started, the other designs I can get from pictures. The main concern is getting a template that works ~100% with the shield. In order to do that, one would need one of the shields so that test print outs could be made to make sure it'd fit. Anyone want to send me a free shield? ;)

<stream of thought>

I agree, though, getting new, different designs would probably be top priority. I'd probably create the three basic factions in the new shape, crusader, black falcon and black monarch. I'd also probably start off trying to copy the existing shield's style, meaning having a mirrored pattern, right side up below and upside down above. If that doesn't look good or doesn't work, I'd move on to a normal style. Anyone else have a different or better suggestion?

I can also see myself making the original four 375 designs on this new shield design, I think it'd work very well.

For the Wolfpack, I can see either using the existing wolf design on the new shield, the purple and yellow one (doesn't clash too bad with the black with red trim theme of the Wolfpack), creating an alternate color design so that the purple was black and the yellow was red, or creating a new design using the old Wolfpack logo.

</stream of thought>

Anyway, I'm hoping they come out soon to the general public. I'm actually kind of excited about doing more shields, especially an entirely new shape. Must have new shield!

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
AresNeo
Gong Farmer

Post by AresNeo »

well, I mite be able to get the sets early. and I know I can get them 20 percent off. when i get i few extras i'll send you one anthony, if someone dosen't first.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Won't they be avalible to the general public? Is their some reason why they won't?
And AresNeo, were can you get them twenty percent off? :shock:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
AresNeo
Gong Farmer

Post by AresNeo »

My dad knows some one who sells lego, he said i'd get a discont.And I said early not be one of the only.
tanzirian
Villein

Post by tanzirian »

The green one, mainly for that breastplate...it would look good on Mr. Robin Hood. I think the yellow design on this breatplate is more stylish than the markings on the other ones.
In general, while these colors are inappropriate for any self-respecting knight, with a little mixing and matching, they can be very nice garb for courtiers and such.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Do you have pics of the wizard's torso? I'd like to see what it is.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
mfuss903
Villein

Post by mfuss903 »

No, I do not have the wizzard yet - but I will soon and will get pics of him up as soon as I get the set.

Mark
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

mfuss903 wrote:No, I do not have the wizzard yet - but I will soon and will get pics of him up as soon as I get the set.

Mark
Please do! I'm currently working on my sticker article for the KK2 knights and that's the only fig I can't find a picture for! (thanks to you I have the other two torso designs as well as the armor designs).

Oh the humanity! Why can't I have money to buy LEGO (any LEGO mind you) right now?

Oh well, I'll just have to leech off of the kindness of others :)

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Hello. I am green fox and...
I...like...the...purple knight.

Honestly! I really do like him. I also like purple a lot, so I'll blame it on that.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Personally, I don't think the purple is any worse than the others. The main problem with all of them is the OVERUSE of a single colour per fig. That, and their ugly, useless, swords, visors, and shields. (Okay, they aren't useless, but unmodified, they ARE ugly.)

So it basically boils down to colour preference. Personally, I like the sky-blue. (Barbie-blue or babay-blue to all of you who really dislike him!) :D
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Those bardings look really cool. All the euro armor except the purple look really cool Shadow warriors and Vladek look great. And the Sartis and Rascusfaces look cool too.
Space rocks.