7979 Castle Adventcalender

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Brickule
Servant of the Secret Fire

Post by Brickule »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:That is absolutely ridiculous! What incentive could they have for not releasing it in the US? Do they think we want another Town advent calendar? I mean, come on!

God bless.

Tom
Yea! I mean, How many firemen do they think we want!?

Well I E-mailed Lego this is what I said….

Dear Lego Company, I Josh Neyman. (Also know as “Brickule” online) Am E-mailing on behalf of the Lego Castle fans in the United States. We are (to put it lightly) disappointed that the Castle Advent Calendar will not be available to us.

We ask that you please reconsider and see the horrible mistake you are making, I myself was hoping to get at least two or three of the sets. We were exited about the maiden available in the calendar, and also were looking forward to the witch. It is not often we have the chance to get women for our castle MOCs. So please, we would very much appreciate it if you made the Castle Advent Calendar available to your loving fans in the good oll’ USA.

And this is what they said….

Dear Joshua
Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in LEGO® brand products.

The Advent Calendar you referred to is not available in our current product selection and is not expected to be available for sale in the United States at this time. We currently have the LEGO City Advent Calendar for sale, item number 7724. To confirm an availability date at a later time or to answer any questions, call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-835-4386. Customer Service hours are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST Monday-Friday and 10:00am to 6:00pm EST Saturday and Sunday. Please call also if you wish to request a catalog which will list our current line of LEGO toys as well as the suggested retail price or check our website at http://www.LEGOshop.com.

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come.

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

….Not exactly the answer I was expecting. Any way, this is probobly what we will ALL recive in reply to our E-mails.

I am TICKED off.... *goes to build special castle creation*
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

-edit: never mind, somebody said this before-
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
Hippotam
Villein

Post by Hippotam »

Aliencat wrote: VW Beetle is Shop@Home exclusive, [...]Factory specials are Shop@Home exclusive as well :)

The sets you mentioned above weren't available at any of the Lego stores around here.
No, I bought VW in Lego Store in Natick and I was holding factory specials for a loong time in my hands before I decided I do not have enough space in my suitcase...

I feel pain even two months later...

Next time, larger suitcase...
[url=http://www.e-klocki.com]Klocki - LEGO Bricks for Adults[/url].
Sir_Brick
Freeman

Post by Sir_Brick »

Noticed it wasn't in the lego catalog and thought "What gives?".

Come on lego, don't let me down.
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

I got it!

And some statistics:

the weight of the whole box: 412 g
Only the 9 MiniFigs: 38 g
All Polybags (incl. MiniFigs): 142 g

Box: 28,5 cm x 7 cm x 38 cm

regards,
jens
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I'm still waiting for my order- I think the accident in the Channel Tunnel has probably slowed the delivery down quite abit, but i'm still optimistic it'll be here any day now.
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

I've got my calenders yesterday, and I must say it's very much worth the money.
9 minifigs and loads of castle stuff for E 17.50 :D
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!