KK2 Sets up on Lego.com

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This is not a topic for a castle site. The new sets aren't good enough to be castle sets! Hope nobody will buy them , so Lego realizes its mistake.
I think this topic is very appropriate for a castle website. Knight's Kingdom may not be what we hoped, but it is castle and has some good qualities such as playability. Kids will enjoy it. Although my brothers who have seen or own old sets still prefer the old ones. They really dislike the colored armor, swords, etc. (unless of course LEGO is planning a Greek/Roman theme and using some of those pieces for castle sets :wink: )
Besides, awful as they are, we'll buy them anyway. We're addicted, and a KK2 fix is cheaper than ebay.
I agree that many castle fans will buy these sets since it has been a while since kk1 came out. But good deals can be found on ebay for older sets. You just have to be patient. I have found many classic sets for prices equal or below their original cost in stores.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

Well I have my 8777 in hand. :D The Black knight is cool and think people will be pleased. The Barding is also nice. The horse helmet I'm not sure about. It looks a little futuristic.

The swords are crap. So is the purple guy and his shield :evil: . Someone make me an offer. I can't believe none of the purple guys are on Bricklink yet! I would think people would buy tons of 8777s, keep the black guy and sell the purple guy.
Let them come...
They will break upon this fortress like water on rock!
---King Theoden

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=the6717
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

[quote="Formendacil"]a KK2 fix is cheaper than ebay. :?[/quote]

It is not. Just ask Brickboy and myself. Ebay is a lot cheaper than S@H and most of the store prices. And you can get exactly what you want too.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Perhaps I should clarify: KK2 is a more accessible fix than ebay. Unless you live in the country or a rather small town, you can purchase a new Castle set within an hour's travel from home. Whereas btoh ebay and S@H require a few days waiting time, as well as they charge for shipping.

Furthermore, in the cases of some of us, we are still dependents living with our parents, who for some reason or another monitor and limit our Internet usage and spending thereon. My parents in particular want nothing to do with ebay. They'll let us get stuff off of Bricklink, but not ebay. Furthermore, where we have to ask permission to order, be it over the net or by phone, they don't care how many times we make the ten/twenty minute hike uptown, so long as none of their money is spent. :D
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Couldn't see the background history of KK2. Some ----- of a ------- said I had to download a thing before I could go. :evil:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

KK2 is available to the USA and Canada...

AND IN EUROPE ??? :x

It is not right, some one already several sets and me I wait... :(
Superdada, grand général des armées Léonidienne
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Robin Hood wrote:Couldn't see the background history of KK2. Some ----- of a ------- said I had to download a thing before I could go. :evil:
That's called Flash, and a lot of web sites use it. It's not going to hurt anything if you installed it.

Anyway, I'll probably grab some KK2 sets on sale some time - if the local stores ever bother to carry them. Right now, I'm more interested in completing my Forestmen collection than I am in getting KK2 stuff. Most of it is pretty overpriced, and if I'm going to buy overpriced LEGO, it may as well be for sets I want.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]