emoticon patrol

Post by medieval_total_lego »

when can we buy this set (and where)?
summer 2009?
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

medieval_total_lego wrote:when can we buy this set (and where)?
summer 2009?
January 2009, at Shop@Home and probably also the lego stores.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

DNL wrote:
summer 2009?
Does that include the US market? I always thought that our release dates tended to be around August.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:
DNL wrote:
summer 2009?
Does that include the US market? I always thought that our release dates tended to be around August.
-Tower
Worldwide release. This is an "Early Spring" set so it could be out as early as right before X-mas. I would plan on late January though.
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

So I was @ BrickCon and I had been hearing all day from a LEGO Ambassador that I would NOT want to miss the presentation. I was able to be there for the first part of Matt's presentation but had to leave part-way through to pick up a VicLUGer arriving on the passenger ferry from Victoria. He and I missed the set unveiling and amongst the whirlwind of the LEGO store shopping event it never came up.

So I walked into the Con on Saturday morning without a thought of what was waiting and there, sitting alone and beautiful in front of the LEGO booth, was the Medieval Marketplace. I kid you not, I nearly fell to my knees and wept. I was slack-jawed and started looking around to find someone to pinch me or at least share in the bubbly joy.

Then I started noticing the details and others gathered and pointed out more. The pirate spyglass piece. New plumes/flames. COWS! New torsos. Waterwheel and working trip hammer. Fish. Signs/paintings.

I still cannot believe it was real but I saw it with my own eyes.

- Too bad the sheep wasn't included. ;)
plucky
Laborer

Post by plucky »

Hmmm, for some reason I didn't really like any of the Orc/Troll/Whatever sets, I was kind of *blah, I have TRU gift cards and nothing to use them on*

Well, what can I say now but MOO!

Too bad the release date looks like it's missing Christmas though, or I'd know when I would be getting it. A few years ago was the "All Vikings Christmas", I need to repeat that :)
erikstormtrooper
Serf

Post by erikstormtrooper »

The awesomeness of this set definitely makes up for the Advent Calendar debacle.

Thanks Lego! My faith is restored!
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

Quickblade22 wrote: This should teach the :roll: at Euroleak that surprises have a purpose.
How sad this comment is.
So, you haven't enjoyed the pictures (which came from official catalogs, shipped to some stores early...) you undoubtly already have seen that show the upcoming pirate sets?
Come on man... :roll:
If this image leaked a month ago I would have been as enthousiastic about it as I am now.
Last edited by stuifzand on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
TheBohrok
Artisan

Post by TheBohrok »

psu_ericksen wrote:Question: Were there any hints/rumors of this spectacular set that I perhaps missed?
In this article from last year, Matt mentioned that there would be a "very special item coming at the end of the year" (2008). I remember that there was some speculation at the time as to what it could be, and some thought it would be an Ultimate Collector's Series Castle. I don't think anyone could have predicted how awesome the resulting set would turn out.
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

Munchy wrote:[insert stuff here]

Worldwide release. This is an "Early Spring" set so it could be out as early as right before X-mas. I would plan on late January though.
Now, I'm confused... will this most likely be available in Lego official stores in the U.S. by the 13th of January?
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

it would make sense to release it before christmas if you ask me, but im not chuffed if it is in january
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

CVfan13 wrote:
Munchy wrote:[insert stuff here]

Now, I'm confused... will this most likely be available in Lego official stores in the U.S. by the 13th of January?

Indiana Jones sets were an "early spring" release as well. Some of them arrived in stores the week of X-mas. Will this set be out in January? Yes. Could it be out in December? Possibly. Will it be out by January 13th?

Maybe. :wink:
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

Well, that's hope enough for me. Actually, wasn't Dwarves mine supposed to be something like mid 2008? And yet, I ended up getting it for Christmas of '07.
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

First of all, let me add my own exclamation of delight to the list. I go hiking for just one weekend and come back to this. Hope utterly fantastic!

And for those of you wondering above about the release date for the set, check out the print at the bottom of the slide in this picture. For those of you who are too lazy to click through, it says "Available from LEGO Direct January 2009."
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Also having been one there at the announcement during BrickCon, I can attest to the excitement and thunderous applause this set brought fourth, and to just how cool this set is!!! However, something I would like to add is that Matt, Simon, and the other representatives/designers present at the event seemed to be just as excited as we were. Seeing Spacers and Train-fans leap for joy must have really impressed upon them. I had the pleasure of talking with several of them, and they were very appreciative of the dialogue generated between fans and TLG. The POSITIVE suggestions and ideas were of large help to them. They are proud of this set, and should be. Once again, from many fans, and myself THANK YOU for an incredible product!!!

I'll probably have more to say on this later, but for now, I'm saving up for January!!!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><