10193 Medieval Market Village - Official Thread

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

So we as fans must now d our duty and buy many upon many of these.

That will be the best way to ensure more such sets, perhaps a super detailed keep with which to defend our village? After all, can't have orcs pillage our marketplace! riding off with our maidens, making our cows into happy meals...
Domino Gloria!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

I don't really have much new to add to this, except that it was awesome to be in that room when they unveiled this. The room went completely silent and erupted into cheers. Very, very sweet.

I talked to the designers of the set several times throughout the weekend and thanked them profusely. One of them is also the designer of the Castle Advent Calendar, as well as the Creative Director of playthemes. He gave a short talk one evening and expressed a very strong commitment to keeping the quality of the set designs as high as he possibly can.

Regarding the turkey and lack of pitchfork. The pitchfork mold no longer exists, so if we ever get a new pitchfork, it will be entirely new, as Richard said earlier. They also said that they had to fight tooth and nail to get the turkey. Lego had no intention of ever releasing the turkey again, as it really isn't part of System. But they really went to bat for us and got this rare part reinstated. From what I understand, that is nearly unheard of.

Josh
Last edited by JoshWedin on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

Well after the weekend I've had, this news certainly is very welcome.

I wouldn't say I cried over the news or even got more emotional than a big smile but this is fantastic news.

How now brown cow!
WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

lord azreal wrote:behold for i am posting:

This is clearly feedback to our little fan base, nothing could be more specific to what we have been asking for than this, it contains everything we have ever asked for (except the pitchfork but they have an excuse for that one)
and yes i beleive that we are definately in for more sets along this line, as they use this excuse:
I got to talk to the designers, and they said they very much wanted a pitchfork, but that it is mosy unlikely to return anytime soon. Something about it would need to have applications in other lines to be brought back just now.
which means that basically they dont bring things out on a 1 off, which means the peasants will appear in other sets, same with the turkey, the plumes and just about everything.

also i can invisage my new orcs (bought 40 of em off bricklink, waiting for them to arrive) riding cows into battle, may make an interesting little moc up, or a chariot pulled by them, hmmm

we are truly blessed to have this set
YOU JUST GAVE ME A CHARIOT IDEA!!! :D
thanks for idea, i must try it rigth away when i get 2 cows/oxes
Umm, later. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=WARork it's it's.. full of junk!:D

''mah orcs are owks!''
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

JoshWedin wrote: They also said that they had to fight tooth and nail to get the turkey. Lego had no intention of ever releasing the turkey again, as it really isn't part of System. But they really went to bat for us and got this rare part reinstated. From what I understand, that is nearly unheard of.

Josh
Not even a missing pitchfork could take away from that awesomeness. :D Thank you, lego!

God bless.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

YOU JUST GAVE ME A CHARIOT IDEA!!!
thanks for idea, i must try it rigth away when i get 2 cows/oxes
no problem! tell me how it goes, to be honest ill probably spend all my money on somehting else and forget about this set until january then realise i cant afford it :lol:
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

At the risk of making another redundant post...wow! I think my favorite part is the blacksmith shop. I love the assortment of doors and windows and of course the mini-figures are amazing as well. When I showed my wife the pictures the first thing she said was "Wow, let's get it!" I'm really excited to see what other sets come out next year as well. :D
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

I see all kinds of things in that pic that excite the Megablocks out of me. Peasants (of both sexes, no less), a brick-built tree, some friggin' COWS...

Here's hoping I have 100 bucks to spend when the time comes!
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

Am I the only one experiencing this weird tingly sensation, probably from the feeling of elation as I lay my eyes on such an amazing set? :shock:

LEGO really answered all of our food, civilian, minifig, (the list goes on) prayers with this set. Parts selection looks awesome, and pricing is also excellent.

It's also cool to hear from the designers saying what they could and could not do to bring this set to fruition.

Ever since bley came into the picture, I have stopped buying multiples of sets for MOC-use. This set, however, may push me over the edge as I am seriously considering buying more than one. After all, we need to help LEGO recover the costs of that turkey body mold. :D

Normally I only attend Brickcon as a regular guest, but this year, I couldn't go at all because a friend got married this weekend. I am very jealous of those of you who were able to witness this unveiling in person.
-Bryan
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

Epic, truely epic! What an epic set!!!!! Next January is looking great.

That is all I can really say right now.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Crusader
Peasant

Post by Crusader »

I am really looking forward to buying one of these for my little girl, aka Baby Crusader.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K.Chesterton
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

No matter what my funds look like in January, I will need to have at LEAST 5 copies of this set. And then LEGO will simply have to do a smaller peasant farmers cart to provide white cows and the necessary pitchforks after the sales response this set will generate. We are happy, but we shall never be satiated. :lol:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

castlebuilder100 wrote:This is the best set ever! I'm so happy :D. @TLG XOXOXOXO
Pretty darn close. I am truly impressed by this.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Count Blacktron wrote:No matter what my funds look like in January, I will need to have at LEAST 5 copies of this set. And then LEGO will simply have to do a smaller peasant farmers cart to provide white cows and the necessary pitchforks after the sales response this set will generate. We are happy, but we shall never be satiated. :lol:
That would be a nice impulse set: Peasant, cow, pitchfork & barrel/basket of food.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Is the knife a new color (other than the chrome silver and bley it already comes in)?