10193 Medieval Market Village - Official Thread

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Please check out Bill Wards video of the unveiling at NWBrickCon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkKpUlmviks

Additional photos can be seen here:
http://flickr.com/photos/billward/sets/ ... 737304921/

Ben
TheBohrok
Artisan

Post by TheBohrok »

So this is the surprise that one of the designers of the 2007 Castle line hinted at in an interview last year! As a LEGO castle fan, it goes without saying that this set is a must-buy. The return of the turkey, a wonderful assortment of peasant minifigs, new plume/flame, farm animals, it just goes on! This is definitely everything that fans have been waiting for.
Old_School_Fan
Laborer

Post by Old_School_Fan »

I can't believe it! Multiple castle civilian buildings in one set in today's action packed agenda?? Stairs going up to the next level of the tavern?! A pub with everything you need to create those great drunken evening scenes!? Men, women, and children!? Animals?!

I could go on forever. Anyone who doesn't pick this up when it's released is going to be severely disappointed down the road.
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

First I have to say this set is better than my wildest expectations. I would like to say that it left me speechless... but I got better. (no I was not turned into a newt :wink: ) However, as I am now over that... there is just too much to talk about so here goes...

I see several other pieces (not mentioned already) that I have never seen before. Maybe they are parts from non-castle sets, as I collect mostly castle stuff I don't really know. Please let me know if I am mistaken and what type of part they are. The part holding the waterwheel together. I do not recognise it. The tubes holding up the roof on the market stand and next to the windows in the tavern. These look like they are a hand held telescope.? Lastly the arch over the entrance and windows to the tavern. I think it may be a vehicle fender but I have never seen these except maybe on a box cover?. If those are Choco brown tiles they are new as well.

This is a MOC builders dream set. All of the animals are incredible. The peasants are unbelievable! (somebody pinch me) I never would have believed they would come out with 4 new peasant torsos this year. 2 female and 2 male. I am including the blacksmith as it looks very useful as well. This set has so many small accessories, brush, knife, plate, cheese wedge, whole turkey, apples, carrot, barrels in choco brown, the signs, etc. These are the usually very expensive items that make MOCs stand out.

The new plumes look better than the old ones in my opinion. They make great looking flames. The old long thin flames are fine for magic and such but too large for a small fire. I often thought the old plumes would have made great flames if made in a transparent color. I guess TLC thought so too. I just hope the new plumes eventually come out in plenty of colors. :wink:

Look at the number of windows included in this set. It is insane! There are an incredible number of brown slopes and arches for tree building. I'm not talking about the tree itself but all of the extras used in the buildings. I can now make a nice forest without going broke on bricklink. Lots of black slopes, tan and bley brick for castles. Brown log type bricks for supports and wooden buildings. Please someone stop me before I melt down. :o

I imagine I will ge getting atleast 5 of this set and likely more.

In conclusion this is the best thing to happen to Lego castle ever. This makes me much happier than when I first saw the incredible chess set. I love my classic castle sets but they don't even hold a candle to this. Bravo Lego... Bravo! :D

Holy samolians! They just noted on Eurobricks that the peasant torsos are printed on both sides! :shock: Here is the photo.

http://flickr.com/photos/billward/29121 ... 737304921/
Last edited by DaleDVM on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

O-oh my god... I-I started crying when I first arrived at the main site and I... I was greeted with such beauty... at long last we finally get... this....

Any ideas on a release date?
miniflea84
Laborer

Post by miniflea84 »

Wow. Cannont freaking wait.
Mr. Shiny & New
Peasant

argh!

Post by Mr. Shiny & New »

This is an awesome set. Unfortunately, while LEGO continues to kick Canadian shoppers in the pants with their ridiculous prices... I probably won't be buying it. Our dollar trades at par but we pay 50% more? It's an insult.
Mr. Shiny & New's blog: [url=http://eternalephemeron.blogspot.com/]Eternal Ephemeron[/url]
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Re: argh!

Post by Blueandwhite »

Mr. Shiny & New wrote:This is an awesome set. Unfortunately, while LEGO continues to kick Canadian shoppers in the pants with their ridiculous prices... I probably won't be buying it. Our dollar trades at par but we pay 50% more? It's an insult.
Not really.

The fact is, this set is a fantastic price irrespective of where you live. Sure, we Canadians may be paying a bit more than our Southern friends, but how many other sets do you see with this many high-demand elements at under 10 cents a piece?

Remember, Europeans, Brits and Aussies are paying just as much as we Canadians. The thing is, even at $149, this set is still an incredible deal.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

Aren't Canadian dollars different than US dollars anyway? Besides, you can always buy it in the US and- oh, wait, it's site-exclusive... what about one of the official stores though?

Speaking of which, do you think it will be available in Lego stores and released by January 13th? If so, I officially have a birthday plan! :P

So... I'm guessing it wasn't uncommon to cry at the site of this glorious set?
Hewkiril
Laborer

Post by Hewkiril »

It's 8 cents less than the American dollar right now, at the beginning of the summer the American dollar was 8 cents less than ours though. Doesn't really justify a 50% increase, but I'm still buying it.
Mikael-o
Villein

Post by Mikael-o »

Wow! Everythings been said but ... Turkey carcass! Finally, a look at the new plumes - and the cows :)

I'd love a proper molded chicken and rooster, but who can complain with this beautiful set. Gonna have to get my US friends to order this for me though so I can afford two ... it's even better than I imagined.

I will sleep with a big smile on my face tonight :D

Kel.
foxdobbs
Peasant

Post by foxdobbs »

It was pretty amazing to see in person. As Ben mentioned, it is on display for the public to see at Brickcon. It is located back by the official LEGO table/store.
Traveler
Reeve

Post by Traveler »

DaleDVM wrote: Holy samolians! They just noted on Eurobricks that the peasant torsos are printed on both sides! :shock: Here is the photo.

http://flickr.com/photos/billward/29121 ... 737304921/
That's really neat! Also means that if you flip the arms around you get a different torso out of it, effectively doubling the usefulness of the torso. I think the back is as good as the front for a peasant.

Additionally, I think this set would be a great start for a castle display at conventions. Tell each participant to bring a building or buildings similar in size and style to these, and you could set up quite a city.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I think combined with all the other goodies in store this 2009 TLC has earned a few huzzahs from the castle crowd for this. I cannot see anyone passing this lovely set up that likes castle. Good going Lego!

I hope perhaps that maybe over the next few years the theme will be graced with a nice set or two of normal town life to compliment the action sets.

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

*faints* i'm gonna get over 9000! of these! :)
Umm, later. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=WARork it's it's.. full of junk!:D

''mah orcs are owks!''