10193 Medieval Market Village - Official Thread

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

WOW. . . :shock:

One of those turn your back for a weekend and guess what happens. Can't wait to get my hands on this set, err, five of these sets. :D
LEGO seems to be getting good at taking all of my money.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Littlebrick
Peasant

Post by Littlebrick »

I think I might have to turn to a life of crime to get all these awesome sets.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Ever since the new city sets started coming out, the uber detailed building fronts, I've been holding back my money, just hoping that TLG would do the same thing for Castle. And now it's finally here, all with a truely massive amount of hard to find pieces. A whole turkey!! I'll definately be picking this up when it comes out, if not 2 or 3 copies.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Username wrote:Is the knife a new color (other than the chrome silver and bley it already comes in)?
It's the same as the Mutt knife in the Indy sets.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

This looks to be going down in history... does anyone else think that 20 years from now the female figs will be as rare and costly as the forest lady is right now? And the set will be as valuable as ten Forestmen's Crossings..
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

CVfan13 wrote:This looks to be going down in history... does anyone else think that 20 years from now the female figs will be as rare and costly as the forest lady is right now? And the set will be as valuable as ten Forestmen's Crossings..
It all depends on how many sets are produced and where they are released. 6071 Forestmen's River Crossing is a rare set because it was only released in North America and Denmark and includes a figure only found in that set. 10193 surely will be a very popular set and command high prices (double to triple the original msrp) in the future, much like Dan Siskind's 3739 Blacksmith Shop does today.

Ben

P.S. Matt and all of the Castle Team - Thank you very much for this great civilian castle set. It is nice to see some of the earlier concept models and fan ideas incorporated into this set.
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Tyler II »

castlebuilder100 wrote:
Avranor wrote:This is the single best thing to happen to castle since before I was born.

Best thing to happen to LEGO ever :D.
Here here!
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Post by Dr.Cogg »

I saw this set at brickcon and am planning on buying it next year, also I,m sure some of you have noticed that the tavern maiden is the same one from the advent calendar,and so it got me thinking what if the jester and the witch also come in sets for next year.
Last edited by Dr.Cogg on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Dr.Cogg wrote:I saw this set at brickcon and am planning on buying it next year, also I,m sure some of have noticed that the tavern maiden is the same one from the advent calendar,and so it got me thinking what if the jester and the witch also come in sets for next year.
Don't need to wait for the witch on next year sets, you can get one in the massive chess set. :)
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

It's a seriously cool set. The water wheel is pretty neat if a little undersized but that new hexagonal plate will allow for some terrific expansion. I really like that we're getting parts lately that allow for divisions of threes and sixes. The stable girl is pretty hoochie, not that that's a bad thing. Dark brown farmers hoods, more dark brown carrots and a few more dark brown plates and such. The speed racer fenders as door and window arches actually look pretty neat.

The pics on the 'net do not do this set justice.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

Question: Were there any hints/rumors of this spectacular set that I perhaps missed? Must not have been since this seems to have taken everyone by surprise. I wonder if they intentionally wanted to avoid a "banner year for castle in 2004" type debacle.

I'm glad they were able to keep a tight lid on it. It made the surprise even better. Plus, I'd hate to be comparing the final product to leaked prototype pics right now.

Sean
"All my life I've had one dream...to acheive my many goals." - HJS

Visit my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108432
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

psu_ericksen wrote:Question: Were there any hints/rumors of this spectacular set that I perhaps missed? Must not have been since this seems to have taken everyone by surprise. I wonder if they intentionally wanted to avoid a "banner year for castle in 2004" type debacle.

I'm glad they were able to keep a tight lid on it. It made the surprise even better. Plus, I'd hate to be comparing the final product to leaked prototype pics right now.

Sean
TLG hinted that we'd have a surprise at the end of 2008. When the preview pictures of the Advent Calender came out, we thought that was the big surprise for us castle fans. But of course, we were wrong! This AMAZING set is the true surprise!
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Post by Dr.Cogg »

Donut, what I mean is (is the advent calendar a preview set) example the bar maiden is in the advent calendar,and now we find that shes in this set as well ,so my thought is that the jester and the witch from the advent calendar might also be in the sets for 2009.
Lewa Rocks
Steward

Post by Lewa Rocks »

Ah! I am so getting this set! :D :shock:
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

architect wrote: P.S. Matt and all of the Castle Team - Thank you very much for this great civilian castle set. It is nice to see some of the earlier concept models and fan ideas incorporated into this set.
And a big Thank You goes out to you as well Ben. Mr. Ashton and his team talked about fan involvement, and you were mentioned for your contribution. As well, they talked about reading our forums (amongst others) and gleaning inspiration from what we were saying, and what we were building. Matt cetainly deserves much credit for the resurrection of Castle. I was able to thank him in person, but again to Matt, Simon et al, thanks again!

Of course the "no elves, sorry" comment went under the radar... :wink: We will have to content ourselves with our own for now.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens