10193 Medieval Market Village - Official Thread

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

LordZode wrote:I don't mean to gush with hyperbole but I honestly thinking this is the greatest Castle Set LEGO has made, including classic.

And I grew up playing with all the Forestmen and Black Monarch sets.
I almost agree with you... It's certainly one of the best...

I'm suprised no one mentioned that tree yet. It's very cool part of the set, for sure.
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

Athos wrote:Wow, go away for a few days and look what I miss. This looks to be the best castle set ever.

Peasants, cows, horses and a turkey! I want at least two of this set. Practically everything we've ever asked for. Even plumes on the chickens.
My thoughts, exactly. Although, I might argue THE best set ever.

So... this is going to be available in North America, right? Normally, I wouldn't feel the need to ask such a thing, but lately... :wink:

Sean
"All my life I've had one dream...to acheive my many goals." - HJS

Visit my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108432
Hewkiril
Laborer

Post by Hewkiril »

Well there are prices for it in CAD and USD, so probably.
Real Savage Like
Peasant

Post by Real Savage Like »

WHAT?! I just saw this now! :shock: My only complaint is... almost $200 Canadian? Oh well, I should stop complaining. THIS IS FANTASTIC.
...Is a real girl!

"I'm just a fig newton of your imagination."
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

so....is this intended for use with the rest of the castle line, or is it a more 'ultimate collector' thing? <judging by the set number i'm guessing the latter>

I ask because, these buildings are very nice, and look to fit the period, but dont fit well with the airy towers and keep of 7094...?
Domino Gloria!
Fry_slayer
Steward

Post by Fry_slayer »

I see :shock: I laugh :lol: I cry Image

Here is a set we have been dreaming of, and here it is.

I laugh for the joy of another true golden age for LEGO castle has come.

I cry for the pain which will befell my wallet and my petty salary.

And thank you classic castle, for the collective voice of all I believe was in one way or another a contributor for end result like this. Thank you.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Fryslayer]Brickshelf[/url] | [url=http://brickgamers.blogspot.com/]BrickGamers[/url]
DanDanLegoman
Freeman

Post by DanDanLegoman »

I post rarely, but for this, I have to say something.

Holy. Freaking. Shizzy.

Never let is be said that Lego doesn't love us. They love us, and they are listening.

Plumes? Check.
Civilians? Check.
Food pieces? Check.
Cows! Check.
Maidens? Check.
Incredible civilian buildings? Double check.

Wow. Wowee wow wow. In-effing-credible. Who would have thought? With fan input, Lego is just outdoing itself these days. Amazing.
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

I think I'll be getting 2 or so of these.
I know I've been inactive, I'm just busy all the time and haven't had time for legos for a while.. plus I'm missing pieces for my new (well now old) castle.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

This is one incredibly awesome set, everything we have wanted to see as castle fans - it's truly brilliant, thank you, LEGO, thanks for listening to us :)
dj2005
Villein

Post by dj2005 »

timber_wolf899 wrote:so....is this intended for use with the rest of the castle line, or is it a more 'ultimate collector' thing? <judging by the set number i'm guessing the latter>

I ask because, these buildings are very nice, and look to fit the period, but dont fit well with the airy towers and keep of 7094...?
Well, it is a Shop At Home exclusive so it may differ from what the actual 2009 Castle line up is. I state this as look at the exclusives Green Grocer and Corner Cafe. They are both Town/City sets but do not share a whole lot of similarities between the actual themes released during their respective years.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

The excitement in the room at BC'08 was palpable. Even the most hardened spacers were thunderstruck and giddy. We were all taken by surprise. I feel very fortunate to have been present. I also had the curse to keep wandering over to the under-plastic set and repeatedly drool. Much box fondling occured.

This is the kind of Castle set I have dreamed of, and haven't we all? It's a Green Grocer, Market Square and brown hotel (what's it called? I'm exausted) all in one, and for us. Just look at all the little details! Designer Simon Kent was keen to point out the telescopes as second storey window details.
Wolfpack7 wrote:Buh, no pitchfork.
:?
I got to talk to the designers, and they said they very much wanted a pitchfork, but that it is mosy unlikely to return anytime soon. Something about it would need to have applications in other lines to be brought back just now. The old moulds are lost, and they were designed pre-computer era, which means nothing to go on. So they focused on the turkey which was a major task evidently.

It's been a long weekend, more later.

Richard
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
DanDanLegoman
Freeman

Post by DanDanLegoman »

The Blue Knight wrote:
Wolfpack7 wrote:Buh, no pitchfork. :?
I got to talk to the designers, and they said they very much wanted a pitchfork, but that it is mosy unlikely to return anytime soon. Something about it would need to have applications in other lines to be brought back just now.

Richard
Well, there's the new FARM sub-theme, but other than that... :P
medieval_total_lego
emoticon patrol

Post by medieval_total_lego »

oh my god, this is the best set i ever seen!!! it seems perfect for my medieval city...
Wolfpack7
Serf

Post by Wolfpack7 »

The Blue Knight wrote:
Wolfpack7 wrote:Buh, no pitchfork.
:?
I got to talk to the designers, and they said they very much wanted a pitchfork, but that it is mosy unlikely to return anytime soon. Something about it would need to have applications in other lines to be brought back just now. The old moulds are lost, and they were designed pre-computer era, which means nothing to go on. So they focused on the turkey which was a major task evidently.

It's been a long weekend, more later.

Richard
Thanks. Well, my post wasn't completely serious of course, it's a great set. But still, we have a farm theme now and some tools would come handy. If they can't remake the pitchfork mold, they should do at least brown axe or brown scythe.
If they don't make special parts for exclusve sets only, we can expect some sets with farmers then?
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

behold for i am posting:

This is clearly feedback to our little fan base, nothing could be more specific to what we have been asking for than this, it contains everything we have ever asked for (except the pitchfork but they have an excuse for that one)
and yes i beleive that we are definately in for more sets along this line, as they use this excuse:
I got to talk to the designers, and they said they very much wanted a pitchfork, but that it is mosy unlikely to return anytime soon. Something about it would need to have applications in other lines to be brought back just now.
which means that basically they dont bring things out on a 1 off, which means the peasants will appear in other sets, same with the turkey, the plumes and just about everything.

also i can invisage my new orcs (bought 40 of em off bricklink, waiting for them to arrive) riding cows into battle, may make an interesting little moc up, or a chariot pulled by them, hmmm

we are truly blessed to have this set
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day