BFF MISTAKE!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Green Fox
Bailiff

BFF MISTAKE!

Post by Green Fox »

DUM DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

On the back of the BFF box (definantly the legend but not sure about the original) ,on the picture below the LEGO logo, there are THREE falcons with red waists. The set actually has only TWO. :wink:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Interesting, but hardly something to really worry about. LEGO make mistakes sometimes (the set design of KK2 comes to mind).

I remember when I was really into Pirates, and I really wanted to get Imperial Outpost (6263), mainly for the admiral, I was terrified that the admiral would come without yellow epaulets, because the front of the box, the picture I ever was able to see at the time, showed him without. Thankfully for my ten-year old self, the front of the box was faulty.

My point, such as it is, is that Lego occasionally doesn't match perfectly correct pictures with it sets. For instance, the '99 Episode I sets featured prototype Qui-gon wigs that lacked the lining of the actual pieces packaged.

(Note to the admins: if more people pick up onmy line of thought, you may want to move this to the General Lego forum.) :wink:
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

While we're on the subject, the world city police HQ shows a different door on the second floor than the one in the set. I know my discovery is pointless, but I needed to tell someone.

Oh, and this topic should (thank you Formendacil) be moved if everyone starts posting mistakes found in sets.
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

if you see on the BFF the svords are dark gray but in ihe box tey are ligth... thats weird too
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Erikut Wrote:
if you see on the BFF the svords are dark gray but in ihe box tey are ligth... thats weird too
Because the box pictures are from the original box of 6074 which came with 2 dk. gray swords (and in the old version of them).

Green Fox Wrote:
on the picture below the LEGO logo, there are THREE falcons with red waists. The set actually has only TWO.
Well it's not the first or last time. Check 6067/10000 set, the archer comes their with black legs and red waist while on the original picture he comes with blue ones.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Another thing that I've thought of: all pics of sets that come with cannons have the original, pull-back, working cannons in them, while since about... 1991 I think, they've actually come with the non-shooting versions.

Admins, I think that you should probably move this thread, but its your call. :D
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Another thing that I've thought of: all pics of sets that come with cannons have the original, pull-back, working cannons in them, while since about... 1991 I think, they've actually come with the non-shooting versions.
There was a particular uproar about that with gold city junction, as the box picture had been taken somewhere in europe and so, the cannon depicted was a "shooter".
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

i still dont understand why the svords in BFF are ligth gray...
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

erikut wrote:i still dont understand why the svords in BFF are ligth gray...
Personally, I don't care why: it was nice to have a change after all those hordes of dark grey swords. I think that the light greys looked classier. :D
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Green Fox wrote:
There was a particular uproar about that with gold city junction, as the box picture had been taken somewhere in europe and so, the cannon depicted was a "shooter".
I know what you mean. Every set I got with a cannon showed it a shooter. But none of them actually were.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Erikut Wrote:
i still dont understand why the svords in BFF are ligth gray...
Well TLC don't want that the LEGNEDs will be accurate 100% to the originals.
For example you can easily see the difference between the old great red corner walls from 6067 with the new (ugly) ones from 10000.
The symbols on the bodies of the soliders of the BF and their Flag on 6074 is much different from the LEGNED version on 10039. They are other differences that came with some changes like 2 clips vs. one on the horse saddles, plate with clips are different, treasure chests are different, hole in minifgs head was added, the brick walls looks much different, the new look of the swords, as some said cannon that can shot vs. cannons that can't.
The original 6074 included something like 11 more parts then 10039 but that's I think the short memory of TLC.