Just got Citadel of Orlan

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
tuscani
Serf

Just got Citadel of Orlan

Post by tuscani »

Hey guys, I just checked the mail and there was a package there from Shop @ Home, inside was my Citadel of Orlan. Look really cool, they did a nice job on the box. This set looks like it has some very unique uses of bricks. But what suprised me the most was Lego has gone back to having a flip open cover to reveal a map of Morcia, and more pictures of the set. YES!! This was one of the things I loved most about Lego sets was the wicked box's they came up with the flip open covers. Does anyone know if any of the other new lego sets do this, star wars sets etc.. ??
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

What is the "heart of the shield"?
The Brick Rat
Laborer

Post by The Brick Rat »

I received 4 of the 5 castle sets last week (no Castle of Morcia). You are right about the boxes - they are nicely done. And I like the Citadel more than I thought I would.
One surprising thing though - the green knight does not come with Euro armor! Instead, his torso is printed with the armor design (the box shows him both ways, with and without armor). I'm guessing that the green armor only comes in the big Castle. Can anyone confirm this?

Ken
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

The Brick Rat wrote:I received 4 of the 5 castle sets last week (no Castle of Morcia). You are right about the boxes - they are nicely done. And I like the Citadel more than I thought I would.
One surprising thing though - the green knight does not come with Euro armor! Instead, his torso is printed with the armor design (the box shows him both ways, with and without armor). I'm guessing that the green armor only comes in the big Castle. Can anyone confirm this?

Ken
Hmmmm - I think that is worth giving a call to Shop-at-Home to request the green armor as a missing part.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
The Brick Rat
Laborer

Post by The Brick Rat »

Green Fox wrote:What is the "heart of the shield"?
It's a 2x2 round radar element in Trans-fluorescent orange that fits on the stud in the middle of the knight's shields (yup, not very exciting).

Ken
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I'd love to see some pics of the back and interior if it's at all possible. I agree about calling in for the missing armor, though it's not the first time it has happened.
dariofol
Freeman

Post by dariofol »

Snoopy wrote:I'd love to see some pics of the back and interior if it's at all possible. I agree about calling in for the missing armor, though it's not the first time it has happened.
but if you see the shop at home pictures of citadelle.. the green knigth haven't the armour...
i hope this one so we have a good torso and i have another forestman :-)

can you post some pics for the guardian ?

Dario
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

It's a 2x2 round radar element in Trans-fluorescent orange that fits on the stud in the middle of the knight's shields (yup, not very exciting.)

I actually thought it was a clikit :oops: , so thanks. Oh, yes, put up guardian pictures.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Put up the guardian's pictures, so the Anthony can add the torso to his collection of stickers. It's the only KK2 missing. (Although he is missing a couple of useless KK1s, and, annoyingly, a Dragon Master or two.)
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

what are the KK2 shields like???
tuscani
Serf

Post by tuscani »

The shields are growing on me, at first I was not a fan but actually now I think they are quite unique as are the new knights, sure they are wildly colored but this can serve a special purpose in my army. The shadow knights are awesome, and so is the guardian figure. I havn't opened the box yet so I can't say one way or another if the green knight comes with armor. On my box it shows the green knight a couple of times with armor and a couple of times without. Hmm Lego should definitly be giving out the green armor, why on earth wouldn't they. There is nothing special about the green knight that would give reason for him "NOT" to have a euro armor plate. The other 3 knights do.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

ACTUALLY....
The pics on S@H show the green knight without euro armour.

Oh, BTW, could I tell lego I bought 8777 and the euro armour was missing, and get a cheap/free pair? 8)
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

tuscani wrote:The shields are growing on me, at first I was not a fan but actually now I think they are quite unique as are the new knights, sure they are wildly colored but this can serve a special purpose in my army. The shadow knights are awesome, and so is the guardian figure. I havn't opened the box yet so I can't say one way or another if the green knight comes with armor. On my box it shows the green knight a couple of times with armor and a couple of times without. Hmm Lego should definitly be giving out the green armor, why on earth wouldn't they. There is nothing special about the green knight that would give reason for him "NOT" to have a euro armor plate. The other 3 knights do.
Ahhh, here, I think I have the answer to whether you should call about the armor: (to anyone with the set) do the instructions show the green armor for assembly of the figs? If so, definitely call, if not it's an iffier thing.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

You meen that those wonderful boxes with the flip-open-front is back, that's like the only point to go and watch lego-boxes in the store, at least if you don't have ther money to by the stuff.

Can you see some of the parts inside the box through plastic cover too?? Like in the old days??
I'm back, and so is Castle!
tuscani
Serf

Post by tuscani »

Sadly no you cannot see any parts when you open the cover. However it is still really nice. You get a nice map of Morcia on the top, with large pictures of the figures, and on the inside front you get some great shots of the set. Its really nice.