Simple versus detailed minifig design

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Jyp
Peasant

Simple versus detailed minifig design

Post by Jyp »

As you ever have noticed :
- some minifig parts are very simple, their design is in the same way as general designs of sets (for example about castle): see classic visors and 6037/375 armors;
- some other minifig parts are detailed and more realistic (like Playmobil!!): see the euro armor and helmet, more recent;
- other are between both (1980's helmets,...).

And it is funny to notice that some parts (soldier helmets, weapons,...) are detailed but were provided into the first sets (i.e. 375/383/677)!

So, for you, should minifig parts be as simple as general set designs (so, classic visor is the best for you) or should they be detailed (so, euro helmet is the best for you).
For me, simple is better in the way of Lego design but is less pretty, and euro armor is prettier and funnier but "less Lego designed"...

The question can be about horses,... too!

(Sorry for my poor English, I hope you can understand what I mean)
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Heck, I like both. It supplies a diversity for my characters and factions that wouldn't be there. I just wish both kinds were still available. But my favourites are neither. I like centurions. Definitely!
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I like euro helmets better so I would have to go with that. Although, price has something to do with it.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Gotta be detailed. I am a euro visor and armour hoarder. :) Although, you can get TOO detalied. Especially with white pupils. they scare me. And I hate them. The KK2 heads are WAY too detailed. Jayko looks like a baby.