Weekly Set Review: Knights Battle Pack

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Re: Weekly Set Review: Knights Battle Pack

Post by Lord Tyler II »

Yeah, it's a little pricey, but you get a nice selection of figs and some less common weapons and things. I bought one, it's nice to have the parts I got.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

A bit pricey as others have said. I would agree that the figures should have come "disassembled" -sp? so that there would be less of a chance of bent weapons. I bought three sets just because of my overall approval of the Fantasy line. I bought three Skeleton packs for the same reason. Now, if they could make one for Orcs, well, that would be capitol. :spin:
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Yeah, it's a little pricey
That's a pity but nevertheless reasonable. 1 Minifig is more than 1 part, so it's expensive in production. At least they have to produce 1 left leg, 1 right leg, 1 hip, 1 torso, 1 left arm, 1 right arm, 2 hands, 1 head, 1 headger. In some cases also 1 bodywear (armour) and 1 head gear accessory (visor). Head has to be printed, torso usually has to be printed, newadays armour has to be printed. (In some cases also legs, hips and arms have to be printed.) Furthermore the legs have to be attached to the hip, and the arms have to be attached to the torso. Hands have to be attached to the arms. They used to attach the head to the torso as well, but recently heads are loose.
Also add the accessories like sword, lances, flags, shields.

I admit they could have saved costs by not assembling the figs alltogether in this set. However. It's a cool set and I wished they had it just regularly available, rather than exclusively sold through Lego Direct.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Jojo wrote:Hello!
That's a pity but nevertheless reasonable.
How do you reconcile that though with SW battle packs with 4 minifigs with weapons, helmets, gear and bricks (and licensing) for under 12$? I wonder if the plastic packaging adds that much to cost. If so, like I said before, I would rather have a Castle battle pack like the SW battle packs.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Username wrote:
Jojo wrote:Hello!
That's a pity but nevertheless reasonable.
How do you reconcile that though with SW battle packs with 4 minifigs with weapons, helmets, gear and bricks (and licensing) for under 12$? I wonder if the plastic packaging adds that much to cost. If so, like I said before, I would rather have a Castle battle pack like the SW battle packs.
Star Wars battle packs sell in extremely high quantities which can justify giving more bricks at a better cost. Comparing other themes to SW is not realistic.

On the other hand, the latest town figure pack has four figures and miscellaneous accessories (park bench, lights, fire hydrant, etc) for $10. This better price is likely due to one less figure and that the elements are boxed. Figures are probably partially hand assembled and placed into blister packs. This has to increase cost somewhat.

Overall, I think our current knight battle pack is an excellent set. Like Jojo, I wish that these types of sets were in retail shops. Perhaps a future boxed minifig pack with more variety (a civilian and or female castle fig) is something we fans should request.

Ben
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

I like this set. It was good to finally get Castle fig packs again. It has a decent assortment of figs and a plethora of weapons.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
LegoLord.
Word Miser

Post by LegoLord. »

JoshWedin wrote:I like this set. It was good to finally get Castle fig packs again. It has a decent assortment of figs and a plethora of weapons.

Josh
Mmm, plethora, I like that word. I also like this set, simply because I'm in love with the Crown Knights. I will say that the price should probably be dropped 3 $, but I'd pay for it anyway. And the plethora of weapons is nice. =D
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/31132205@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://mocpages.com/home.php/8791]MOCpages[/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... bertMurphy]BrickShelf[/url]
Respect the Crown
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Post by Ben the lego king »

hey

didn't some one alredy do the math and said that it would be ceaper to buy the small sets and for the same price get the same figs and more bricks. I also dont like sets that have no buildings and no boards. the only thing thats good is some unique figs.
KKI is the best KKI is the best
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Nice figs in themselves, but as a set I don't think there's anything you couldn't get elsewhere.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

If you are desiring to build up the ranks of defenders in King's Castle Siege then this pack is perfect. I only wish this had been packaged in a box no larger than the Final Joust set, was given some matching Castle artwork and had been available at retail shops such as Target or Toys R Us also. Other than that it's a flawless minifigure set.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

Price is not too bad in euros, it goes for 2€/fig.
The shield/minifig ratio is quite high, compared to other sets of this era.
This pack is nice once for the crownies' castle, but I see no sense in getting many, it would make a too much knights' army.
Otherwise, it can be used with an older castle to turn it into a crownies', using printed euro armours on any torso to have two more crownies.
Another one with civilians and only foot soldiers would have been welcome.
Although I'm not into crownies this much, I'm gonna get one if it is available next time I order some PAB.
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]