(unofficial) Minifig Review: Forestwoman

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

I like the fig a lot! I dont own it though( to expensive).
Alan
good times
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I've got most, if not all, of the figures made for Castle. Minus the new power rangers, that is.

Oh, and the blacksmith from 1984 with the brown cape:

http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/ ... tle-8.html

He and the grey chest are all I lack. The only figure I'm missing. He still elludes me... He tasks me! He tasks me! And I shall have him. I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up...

Ahem, anyway, why don't you use the fibblesnork guide on lugnet for your pictures. It should be good up to only the most recent sets. Check it out here: http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/castle

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Webrain wrote:Sure Ben, no problems. Me (and I believe Jojo) we'll be happy to take care of that :lol:
Yes, I own them all. (No bragging intended, it's just a matter of fact, sorry).
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=25150

However, taking photos of about 250 figs is a pain in *something*. Especially when done in front of a white background without any baseplate studs to mark the position... Because I'd like to have all figs in the pics positioned the same way. Respectively the camera has to be positioned at the same place as well.

Bye
Jojo

rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

So, from out of nowhere, a friend of mine hands me a blue plastic box full of lego tonight. He told me he found it in his attic when he was cleaning it out, and he figured I would like it.

Well, when I got home, I started digging through the parts. There were lots of pirates. There was a rope bridge part. There were lots of forestmen. Already my imagination was going crazy... rope bridge and forestmen could mean he had Forestmen's Crossing. ... or the rope bridge could have come from one of the pirate sets.

I dug for a while, and there she was... my second forest woman in darn near perfect condition. At least I can not see any scratches or imperfections.

What a nice thing to get for free when not even expecting it!

The box also had lots of palm tree leaves, foliage pieces, barrels, a 16x32 blue baseplate, the forestmen's crossing baseplate, and a bunch of equipment. There were over 15 minifigs or partial minifigs total, so I've got a bunch of new parts for making custom figs.

I am quite pleased. :)
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Augh! This is sheer torture! I wish I had friends that have attics which need to be cleaned out. :D
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I'll say!!!!!!! emmggg! hmmmhmmm. Anyway, I think this is a cool fig. I don't own any of those faces, so I can't just how bad they are.

Earlier, Two Tonic Knight comented on the fact that she has pants. Well since Foretmen were made as an out law band, it is concivable that a woman would were pants. Since they already had crimes on their heads, I can't imagine that another would bother her. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

rogue27 wrote:So, from out of nowhere, a friend of mine hands me a blue plastic box full of lego tonight. He told me he found it in his attic when he was cleaning it out, and he figured I would like it.

Well, when I got home, I started digging through the parts. There were lots of pirates. There was a rope bridge part. There were lots of forestmen. Already my imagination was going crazy... rope bridge and forestmen could mean he had Forestmen's Crossing. ... or the rope bridge could have come from one of the pirate sets.

I dug for a while, and there she was... my second forest woman in darn near perfect condition. At least I can not see any scratches or imperfections.

What a nice thing to get for free when not even expecting it!

The box also had lots of palm tree leaves, foliage pieces, barrels, a 16x32 blue baseplate, the forestmen's crossing baseplate, and a bunch of equipment. There were over 15 minifigs or partial minifigs total, so I've got a bunch of new parts for making custom figs.

I am quite pleased. :)
Please, tell me that this was a dream. Please! It sounds so much like my dreams, and it is just unfair that it would happen to you. Why not me? I've been a good boy this year! :wink:
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Formendacil wrote:Please, tell me that this was a dream. Please! It sounds so much like my dreams, and it is just unfair that it would happen to you. Why not me? I've been a good boy this year! :wink:
Sorry, not a dream at all. It is 100% real. I was not even expecting him to give me anything, I just saw my friend Jim last night, and he said, "Hey Roc, want a box of legos? I found these legos and a bunch of gi joe guys when I was cleaning out my attic. It's mostly a bunch of pirate stuff in here."

I was with a group of my friends, and so I made an effort to not appear too excited and said, "Sure, if you don't want them."

It was all stuff from around 1990, early pirates, original forestmen, and blacktron 2. And, to stay on topic, this is how I got my second forestwoman. I got my first one back when I bought the set new 14 years ago.
Last edited by rogue27 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

An okay fig. I like the cap thingy and the torso since them in green seem somewhat rare. I don't like the head at all though.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Terrance wrote:An okay fig. I like the cap thingy and the torso since them in green seem somewhat rare. I don't like the head at all though.
Somewhat rare?

Correct me if I'm wrong, Jojo, but this is the ONLY fig with them, and she comes with only ONE set.

How more rare can you get? :D
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Formendacil wrote:
Sir Terrance wrote:An okay fig. I like the cap thingy and the torso since them in green seem somewhat rare. I don't like the head at all though.
Somewhat rare?

Correct me if I'm wrong, Jojo, but this is the ONLY fig with them, and she comes with only ONE set.

How more rare can you get?
Well, I'm being nitpicky, but a piece that comes on one fig only, and one set that came out before before Forestman's crossing, is rarer.

Sorry. :)
DawnCrusader
Serf

Post by DawnCrusader »

Hey people!
On the forestwoman topic, well I don't like it that much. But it's not just this one, all the female lego figures seem a bit odd to me, maybe because I can't get past the blocky aspect of the mold :| (real females are more curvy ^^)
I think LEGO could do some update in the female minifigs mold as to make them a bit different from the male minifigs.
Just my thoughts! ;)
"Strength and Honor"
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

DawnCrusader wrote:Hey people!
On the forestwoman topic, well I don't like it that much. But it's not just this one, all the female lego figures seem a bit odd to me, maybe because I can't get past the blocky aspect of the mold :| (real females are more curvy ^^)
I think LEGO could do some update in the female minifigs mold as to make them a bit different from the male minifigs.
Just my thoughts! ;)
Well good thought however the community is going mad over the skin change, so if they make them anatomically correct...well...some Megablocks would be raised. Also lego is designed for little kids, so its best everyone is "blocky."

DM
DawnCrusader
Serf

Post by DawnCrusader »

"Also lego is designed for little kids, so its best everyone is "blocky."

Indeed you're right about that!
I wasn't sugesting MAJOR changes to the mold though, but as you said, Lego is designed mostly for kids :)
"Strength and Honor"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Quite apart from kids/adults dilemma, you couldn't really change the figs for continuity reasons.

Besides, if you made the ladies accurate, then the guys would seem wrong, so you'dchange them, and all of a sudden, Lego isn't Lego anymore, its a miniture action figure.

Lego is about bricks. Bricks are blocky. Now, how do we remind TLC about this?