43%
The Troll King
33%

Total votes: 49

gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: The Four Kings

Post by gormadoc1 »

Ahh I forgot the troll king thanks. :) Also you'l have to do the poll again sorry about that.
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
domboy
Freeman

Post by domboy »

I vote The Good King, mainly because he's the king in the current castle line (which would put the Troll king 2nd place for me). I don't have any of the other Kings and probably won't, as I have no interest in getting any KKI or KKII sets...
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

The Troll King is very unique and is the first non human king we have ever seen by LEGO. But I am still going to have to stick with The Good King.
-May your winds be fair !
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

I voted the Good King. I got the newer one from S@H, and I have to say, he is pwnsome. Of course, King Leo (my first king), will always have a special place in my collection. I even gave him a nice purple cape! :)
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

King Leo is a great king character and the KK1 theme was very nice. It was sort of a triumphant return of the Castle theme, but the current Castle line is much more that and this Good King certainly is more appealing and regal. As a minifigure the Good King has more royal stature than the King Leo minifigure when you stand them side-by-side.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Post by Ben the lego king »

I voted for King Leo because he was my first king and he didn't look as mean as the kk2 king.
KKI is the best KKI is the best
Kevin1990
Grounded

Post by Kevin1990 »

ofcourse I voted Troll king,
I just love the way he is made
[url=http://www.brickmania.com/community/]Top Poster on Brickmania[/url]
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/feedback.asp?u=Kevin1990]Proud Briclinker[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Kevin1990]Brickshelf[/url]
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Re: The Five Kings

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

I really can't say why, but I voted for the "Good king". Is that really what he's called? It seems kind of silly, doesn't it?
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I find some of the current names used in the Lego line more than silly.... big trolls and trolls.... do we get little trolls next? I know they are made for children but you'd think even an adult could come up with better names for them.
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

I think they aught to give things proper names, I mean come on the evil wizard, the good king. Why dont you just name them a real name for a wizard like Gandalf or Dumbledore or something like that, I dont mean exactly that because of copywright but you know what I mean, Just give kings names like they did with Mathias and Leo like King Edward or William. To be honest if I worked for the lego company I wouldnt give bad names to things, The Lego Company have started giving realy childish names and to be honest I think there pointing it towards even younger children but thats what Duplo's for. They should take it back to the good old days when the names were acceptable for all ages.
wallgorn
Freeman

Post by wallgorn »

I voted for The Good King cause he is my favorite out of the current kings. The Royal King was my first back in 1995 :D I have King Leo and King Mathias, but sadly no Good King yet.
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

gormadoc1 wrote:I think they aught to give things proper names, I mean come on the evil wizard, the good king. Why dont you just name them a real name for a wizard like Gandalf or Dumbledore or something like that, I dont mean exactly that because of copywright but you know what I mean, Just give kings names like they did with Mathias and Leo like King Edward or William. To be honest if I worked for the lego company I wouldnt give bad names to things, The Lego Company have started giving realy childish names and to be honest I think there pointing it towards even younger children but thats what Duplo's for. They should take it back to the good old days when the names were acceptable for all ages.
I completely agree. And so what will the king in the next castle theme be. . . The Good King II?

I think it is better for kids if they have a name to go with their toy. It helps the learning process! :tasty:
-May your winds be fair !
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

your absoulutley right but What about all those older fans, obviousley its not pointed at people over twelve due to the age rating on the box but names are important as you say. :)
domboy
Freeman

Post by domboy »

gormadoc1 wrote:I think they aught to give things proper names, I mean come on the evil wizard, the good king. Why dont you just name them a real name for a wizard like Gandalf or Dumbledore or something like that, I dont mean exactly that because of copywright but you know what I mean, Just give kings names like they did with Mathias and Leo like King Edward or William. To be honest if I worked for the lego company I wouldnt give bad names to things, The Lego Company have started giving realy childish names and to be honest I think there pointing it towards even younger children but thats what Duplo's for. They should take it back to the good old days when the names were acceptable for all ages.
I would argue that "the good old days" were before they started giving names to their minifigs. None of the really old castle sets had named knights or what not. But I'd say my siblings and I had more fun naming our knights than if they had all come pre-named. We gathered names mostly from books/movies/games about such lore as King Aurthur and the Knights of the Round Table, Robin hood, Ivanhoe, Kings Quest, etc. Most kids have great imaginations (at least we did), so I see nothing wrong with "the Good King", "the Evil Wizard", and "the Troll King".
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

You make a very good point and you have managed to sway my mind :lol: Thanks for opening a door to a new way of looking at castle for me. :)