Serf

what colors are the KK2 knight swords?

Post by cactus_master »

ive already established that
Red=Blue Sword
Green=Yellow Sword
Purple=Gold-Brown Sword
Black=Red Sword

but what color is the blue knights sword?

the minifig, not the bionicle-like one
person 1:*whisper whisper*
person 2:*whisper whisper*
person 3:*whisper whisper*
person 4: HOW DO YOU WHISPER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Ramus
Laborer

Post by Ramus »

The Blue Knight's sword color is GOLD. This is fairly close to the Purple Knight's sword color.

I would call the Blue Knights sword GOLD and the Purple Knight's sword BRONZE.

-- Ramus
cactus_master
Serf

Post by cactus_master »

now that i have found an adequate pic of all the knights, i would have to say that
Red Knight's Sword is [color=cyan]Platinum[/color]
Blue Knight's Sword is [color=orange]Copper[/color]
Green Knight's Sword is [color=yellow]Yellow[/color]
Purple Knight's Sword is [color=olive]Gold[/color]
Black Knight's Sword is [color=red]Red[/color]
King's Sword is [color=white]Silver[/color]
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Wait! I have all the colors, too! :D

Vladek: Who cares
Santis: Give me a break
Rascus: Pukish
Jayko: He-Man
Danju: Rusty Dagger
Mathias: Excaliblob.
There's all the colors for all the swords. :twisted:
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Ha ha. :D But I don't htik that those swords are so bad. I mean if you had a jester that was dressed up as a knight you could give him that sword. Or if you wanted the bad guys to be deafeted in two seconds, give KK2 swords.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

True, these swords are a far cry from the good old classic broadsword (1978-2003), or even pirate swords (great for the pirates, but not so great for Castle).

Still, they aren't really bad, and in the non-stupid colours (that is, bronze and gold in particular), they make a nice contribution to the armoury. The only bad thing about them is that they killed off the old swords. Pity.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I am sure we will see the return of the old swords. This line will die shortly after the Christmas season and TLC will go back to the drawing board. I am looking forward to seeing new dark gray swords by next summer, the metallic look will work well with weapons. Probably the only positive thing I could say about the bleys. We may never see the return of good set design, but I haven't given up hope on the standard weapons returning. I just wish they would make the swords with the older mold, the new ones are too flimsy.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

wlister wrote:I am sure we will see the return of the old swords. This line will die shortly after the Christmas season and TLC will go back to the drawing board. I am looking forward to seeing new dark gray swords by next summer, the metallic look will work well with weapons. Probably the only positive thing I could say about the bleys. We may never see the return of good set design, but I haven't given up hope on the standard weapons returning. I just wish they would make the swords with the older mold, the new ones are too flimsy.

Will
After getting a 6086 from ebay, I will accept nothing less that ABS swords.
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Daimyo wrote:Wait! I have all the colors, too! :D

Was this really nessisary? I think it was sort of crude... :?

Anyways, I think that the bronze swords would look good with a barbarrian-ish charictor....
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

wlister wrote:I am sure we will see the return of the old swords. This line will die shortly after the Christmas season and TLC will go back to the drawing board. I am looking forward to seeing new dark gray swords by next summer, the metallic look will work well with weapons. Probably the only positive thing I could say about the bleys. We may never see the return of good set design, but I haven't given up hope on the standard weapons returning. I just wish they would make the swords with the older mold, the new ones are too flimsy.

Will
Maybe, but at least they don't snap easily, and the new ones really weren't a problem (to my mind). And any return to the old style is better than a continuation of the current stuff. Although, as I said, in the proper colours they aren't all that bad.
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Will
Yeah you're right I have some old broadswords in my collection and they look much better than the grey swords of the KK 1 knights/bastards
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Daimyo wrote:Wait! I have all the colors, too! :D There's all the colors for all the swords. :twisted:
Well, that was a completely pointless post... :roll: :?
Formendacil wrote:True, these swords are a far cry from the good old classic broadsword (1978-2003), or even pirate swords (great for the pirates, but not so great for Castle).
Not so great for Castle? I disagree. In fact, I like the 'pointy' look of the sabers better than the blunted swords of Castle. The Castle swords look more like training weapons for the youth where as the saber actually looks like they could do some damage. :twisted:

<--------------- Just check out my avatar.
Formendacil wrote:Still, they aren't really bad, and in the non-stupid colours (that is, bronze and gold in particular), they make a nice contribution to the armoury.
Ditto. Luckily, 8777  Vladek Encounter comes with a broze-colored sword along with the purple helmet, cool black euro armor, horse barding and helmet and octagon shield. Best set in the line for minifig pieces.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:
Formendacil wrote:True, these swords are a far cry from the good old classic broadsword (1978-2003), or even pirate swords (great for the pirates, but not so great for Castle).
Not so great for Castle? I disagree. In fact, I like the 'pointy' look of the sabers better than the blunted swords of Castle. The Castle swords look more like training weapons for the youth where as the saber actually looks like they could do some damage. :twisted:

<--------------- Just check out my avatar.
Matter of opinion. But just about everything is with Lego. Personally though, I still prefer a broadsword. True, I'd like it if it tapered a little, but at least it says CASTLE in my mind instantly. The sabre/cutlass/rapier/whateverthemegablokyouwant brings to my mind PIRAT...oh, I mean Castle.
Lord_Of_The_Lego wrote:
Formendacil wrote:Still, they aren't really bad, and in the non-stupid colours (that is, bronze and gold in particular), they make a nice contribution to the armoury.
Ditto. Luckily, 8777  Vladek Encounter comes with a broze-colored sword along with the purple helmet, cool black euro armor, horse barding and helmet and octagon shield. Best set in the line for minifig pieces.
I agree: great set for pieces. Two armour, two helms (even if they're iffy), two swords, one shield, one horse, one barding, and one head stall. Even if its KK2, that's not bad for your money's worth, even at full price. Just imagine on discounts! If any last that long. j/k :D[/quote]
Last edited by Formendacil on Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cactus_master
Serf

Post by cactus_master »

i have the castle of morcia, and i know colors very well. the purple knights sword is GOLD, because it was more of a yellow-brown-ochre look to it. it is definately NOT bronze because bronze has a strong reddish tinge. the blue knight's sword is orange-brown-bronze, so id say its COPPER.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Barbapple wrote:
Daimyo wrote:Wait! I have all the colors, too! :D

Was this really nessisary? I think it was sort of crude... :?

A shameless attempt at humor, my misinformed, hapless stiff friend :lol: .

Anyways, I think that the bronze swords would look good with a barbarrian-ish charictor....
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"