To all those who think the KK2 visors are too big:

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

wlister wrote:Vladek needs some torso, belt and leg printing to make up for the heavier mass on top. The black cape helps, but ogel armor really messes up the capes. Does Vladek look all right with his own armor and a cape?

Will
I actually meant that I had kept him in his own armor and just added a cape, but I guess I wasn't too clear about that. I think he looks pretty good.
By the way, since I didn't like the purple helmet, I replaced it and Danju's head with the blond wavy hairpiece and the head that came with it. Now he looks like the type who thinks he's God's gift to women... I like to add a little humor to my world.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Now that I have all five in front of me properly equiped with their color-coordinated armor and door they have by way of a shield, let me say:

Yes, the helmets are too big. But, with the big sword, and big shield, and armor, it balances out a bit. It also makes the fig look taller, which helps.

Colors: well, I can put up with a few knights with odd colors...except that pastel blue. Visor shapes. Green's my favorite. Blue is actual pretty good - I like the way it comes down low in front of the armor and protects the throat. Both are good in profile. Purple is another good one and at least semi-realistic. Red: blarg. My least favorite. It's bulky, and looks like a dinged overturned bucket. Black: I'd probably hate it if it wasn't black, but at the same time after switching it with an old black visor, I'd have to say the new one matches the total figure better.

So, that was my official two cents worth after a great deal of hemming and hawing about not having the actual figs in hand.

And no, I didn't buy the castle and I didn't buy them as individual figs. (we need a toungue sticking out smiley) :D
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I just bought my first KK2 set (the smallest one) and I have to say that the visors do appear to be large :( . I couldn't figure out a good way to combine the new visors with other figures or other types of armor.

This said, KK2 is supposed to be for ages 7+, so I guess the minifigs suit the sets because Lego put more emphasis on the 7 and less on the plus.

-The Josh
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

The Josh wrote:I just bought my first KK2 set (the smallest one) and I have to say that the visors do appear to be large :( . I couldn't figure out a good way to combine the new visors with other figures or other types of armor.

This said, KK2 is supposed to be for ages 7+, so I guess the minifigs suit the sets because Lego put more emphasis on the 7 and less on the plus.

-The Josh
I don't know about the entire product line, but the one KK2 minifig available in town is for 6+.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]