WHO CARES ABOUT THE BLOODY KK2!?!?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Duke_Dave wrote:as for army building, 1000 dollars could buy like 111 border ambushes. which means you would have like 222 knights
Border Ambush costs 20 dollars, so 1000 dollars would only pay for 50. You would end up with a total of 100 figs, 50 of which would be Shadow Knights. You must be thinking of the Vladek Encounter. True, if you spent all that money on the Vladek Encounter, you would end up with over 200 figs (and more than one hundred horses!), but none of them would be the Shadow Knight that I was talking about. I personally wouldn't want to have a legion of purple knights.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Sorry my bad. :D i did mean the set 'Vladek encounter' .Sorry about that. :lol:
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

doctorsparkles wrote: I personally wouldn't want to have a legion of purple knights.
But I would! :D But then I like having legions of any fig I can use as Ancients! :lol:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Yup we know JP, you tell us every chance you get. :wink:

Myself, I wouldn't mind an army of 200 for any of these knights as long as I didn't have to pay for them. If I had to pay for them, I'd rather buy Black Falcons, they can be had New for less than $2.00 a piece on Bricklink right now. That's 4 1/2 Black Falcons for every Vladek encounter, I would definitely rather have the Falcons. I am holding out to see if PaB Billund makes these armor colors available in bulk like the light gray armor. I have 50 of those now for less than the price of 1 Castle of Morcia. Money well spent, for me anyway, I like having a lot of armor. :twisted:

Will

Just in case anyone thinks of slamming me about my comment to JP, it was in good fun, I mention how much armor I have at almost every opportunity too. It was supposed to be funny, not mean.
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

doctorsparkles wrote: I personally wouldn't want to have a legion of purple knights.
Purple and Gold! Even my son spotted it in a second - Lakers!

Maybe you have to be from L.A.... 8)

But I did ask him about the new figs. He was dubious about the blue one, and agreed that the red helmet could probably double as an overturned cauldron, but overall he gave 'em the thumbs up. No, the purple did not bother him, and thought the hands down coolest was the green (my favorite at least by the pics, too).
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

wlister wrote:Myself, I wouldn't mind an army of 200 for any of these knights as long as I didn't have to pay for them. If I had to pay for them, I'd rather buy Black Falcons, they can be had New for less than $2.00 a piece on Bricklink right now. That's 4 1/2 Black Falcons for every Vladek encounter, I would definitely rather have the Falcons.
My sentiments exactly. Eventually, when the sets are cheaper, I want probably one each of the new knights, but if I had money to burn, I'd hunt down some Falcons.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Colors...
I'd just trade those red, green and purple armors for other armors with people who like colorfull armies more.
Or I paint them, I must say the design of the helmet is all right.
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

doctorsparkles wrote:
wlister wrote:Myself, I wouldn't mind an army of 200 for any of these knights as long as I didn't have to pay for them. If I had to pay for them, I'd rather buy Black Falcons, they can be had New for less than $2.00 a piece on Bricklink right now. That's 4 1/2 Black Falcons for every Vladek encounter, I would definitely rather have the Falcons.
My sentiments exactly. Eventually, when the sets are cheaper, I want probably one each of the new knights, but if I had money to burn, I'd hunt down some Falcons.
I'm afraid that I must disagree.

Within the confines of the official factions, I would much rather have Falcons to the Knights of the Peasant Order of the Jellybeans, but I regret to say that most of my building (and thus purchasing) isn't geared towards the factions these days, but towards my own legendarium. That means that I'll take armour and un-designed shirts over BFs any day. I mean, the BF helms and weapons are better, but all those falcon-crest shirts are useless unstickerized, and I would rather have KK2 faces to give to my baddies than smilies. They just look uglier.

So I will definitely be buying the new provincial castle. And probably the Vladek thinger. True, I don't get a ton of figs, but they are useful, and I've almost completely drained my bricks containers, so restocking those a smudge won't hurt either.

And as for the number of Vladek Encounters entering my room......

Don't ask!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

There are cheaper ways to get armor and blank torsos than dubious KKII purchases. OLG Euro armor is very common and available for less than $2.00. You can find many torsos, leg assemblies etc... for less than $0.15 each and buying an assortment of heads and OLG brick from Bricklink is still probably better than buying the KKII sets. Now the Vladek Encounter set is a little different since it has barding, horse helmet and a horse. Once those are on sale, I will buy many myself. The other sets though. Not unless they are half off or better.

Will
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Mr. D wrote:Ok, here's what I think of KKII generally: :x I am quite put of by it. But, as always, there are a few redeeming factors: The figs aren't that bad on closer examination. There are plenty of black pikes. And there are a fare amount of other useful pieces. But here is the best part: KKII is so bad that the next Castle line can only be better! Honestly, when you think about it, it would be next to impossible for a theme to be worse and still be Castle.

You're right, I got 8778 border ambush and 8777 Vladek Encounter...They don't fit in with our classic castle. The next castle sets by TLC can't be any worse than these horrible sets (good for nothing)...think of all the armor that could of been gray, was wasted into making colorful armor for ridiculous knights.

Dan
LONGBOW
Peasant

Post by LONGBOW »

doctorsparkles wrote:Cardassians... this is a new one to me. I felt kind of dumb at first for not knowing what this means, but once I found out, I felt a lot better.
As for why I like KK2: The truth of the matter is that I don't like KK2. However, there's no point in complaining because there's nothing to be done about it. Like it or not, KK2 sets have been released, and I for one am going to buy them. Sure, the set designs suck, and I hate the swords, but I can make use of the figures and I'll make the best of the pieces. It won't be that much different from the past 7 years (or more) worth of crappy sets that Lego has put out.
Cardassians are from the alpha quadrant(so are we)

oh megablocks! YOU CALL YOURSELFS CASTLE FANS AND BRING SHAME UPON YOURSELFS!

oh it makes me MAD
ham jam spamalot
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

LONGBOW wrote:Cardassians are from the alpha quadrant(so are we)
...okay...
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

doctorsparkles wrote:
LONGBOW wrote:Cardassians are from the alpha quadrant(so are we)
...okay...
Its Star Trek. Unless you're are Space fan on the side (I have to consider myself one), don't bother asking more...
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

You can be a space fan without being a Star Trek fan. Of course a true space geek loves all the Star Treks except Voyager. :wink: I must say that I never liked those darn Cardassians anyway. The big thumbprint in the forhead was off putting. I don't build in space, but I do like watching it.

Will
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Ah, so thats the carpasia...eh carpassi... eh those thingies... :D
I wondered what it was, you know if I'm called something that I do'nt know what it is, I try to find out, and with that said, I'm no carpass... whatever.

peace.
I'm back, and so is Castle!