WHO CARES ABOUT THE BLOODY KK2!?!?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I've given up COMPLAINING about KK2 (although you might still hear me gripe about some specifics), but I don't really think its great.

But it is Castle.

That's counts a lot. That makes it way better than Spiderman or HP, or Star Wars.

But I'm not optimistic about TLC filling the cracks next year. There will probably be new sets. They will hopefully be better. But I have no hopes for peasants or soldiers.

I'm just hoping for great numbers of Shadow Knights.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

LEGOFREAK wrote:and the only real problem I have with the line is the stupidity of having two (two!?) bad guys to six good guys
No, they have one guy with and a name and a army of guys with no names.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

You can't call one henchmen in three different sets an army. If you only bought one of each set you would have three guys with no name to lay seige to even that poor example of a castle.

Vladek must be an idiot to lay seige with only four men including himself. Then again there are no archers, perhaps the Jelly Bean knights are very weak fighters and that castle certainly isn't much more advantage than high ground. Perhaps Vladek could defeat the Jelly Beans with only three henchmen. :lol: Of course you would have 3 Vladeks if you bought one of each set and they would be far more likely to fight with each other than organize a seige. They would probably steal a henchmen a piece and perhaps that is why the big castle set only has one henchmen. A-HA, that is why KKII is so silly. :twisted:

Regardless of whether or not Vladeks clones steal his henchmen, you can't call them an army. Take these sets for what they are, parts, parts, parts...

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

The point is that if you have alot of $$ you can make a army, buy lots of border ambush sets.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I didn't have a point I was just having a little fun, note the sarcastic comments and random gibberish. Aside for the "take these sets for what they are, parts" comment, my whole post was meant to be humorous.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Thank-you wlister for the explanation. i was hopeing someone would explain all yhat to me!! :lol: .As for the new sets I am glad TLC has started useing more pieces now then large molded pieces.

Dave
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

Duke_Dave wrote:As for the new sets I am glad TLC has started useing more pieces now then large molded pieces.

Dave
They have :?
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

jamitjames wrote:The point is that if you have alot of $$ you can make a army, buy lots of border ambush sets.
If you had 1000 dollars and spent it all on Border Ambush sets, you would still end up with only 50 Shadow Knights... that is assuming you didn't have to pay sales tax.
You'd be much better off spending your money on discontinued sets. If you spent all that money on Black Falcons' Fortresses, even with the mark up, you'd still end up with something like 120 figs.
In other words, unlike previous lines, KKII is not even useful for army building.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

doctorsparkles wrote:
jamitjames wrote:The point is that if you have alot of $$ you can make a army, buy lots of border ambush sets.
If you had 1000 dollars and spent it all on Border Ambush sets, you would still end up with only 50 Shadow Knights... that is assuming you didn't have to pay sales tax.
You'd be much better off spending your money on discontinued sets. If you spent all that money on Black Falcons' Fortresses, even with the mark up, you'd still end up with something like 120 figs.
In other words, unlike previous lines, KKII is not even useful for army building.
I couldn't agree more! Also with those ugly heads, who wants an army of those. A bought a few kk2 and I hate them. I have made custom armor suits using different torsos and legs, and classic helmets. So I'll probably just buy some armor off BL, and maybe some of the new sheilds. Other than that the line is crap.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Dragon Master wrote:I couldn't agree more! Also with those ugly heads, who wants an army of those. A bought a few kk2 and I hate them. I have made custom armor suits using different torsos and legs, and classic helmets. So I'll probably just buy some armor off BL, and maybe some of the new sheilds. Other than that the line is crap.
I don't think the figs are that bad, honestly. I like the armor, and the heads aren't too bad. I just wouldn't want an army of these guys. I wouldn't mind having one of each of the knights as some sort of elite band of warriors or something, or even having a couple to lead my armies into battle.
As for the Shadow Knight, even though everyone else seems to think he's the best of the figs, I don't like him at all.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I don't mind the KK2 sets that much. At first I hated them, but they have grown on me. I still don't have any, but as soon as they go on sale I'll probably buy a few.

Hey, at least there are some castle sets available. They may not be exactly what we want, but at least they are better than having no castle sets at all. Also, I believe the KK2 line shows the Lego Company is still somewhat dedicated to castle fans, otherwise the harry potter sets would be the closest thing we would get to castle sets this year.

-The Josh
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Well, I'm not a very big fan of KKII either, but at least it's better than no castle at all, and hopefully it will sell in such an amount that TLC decides to produce more (castle-themes that is).

The degeneration could be worse, I mean look at the new piratesets...

Let's see the posibilyties (if that's how to spell the bloody word) if not, please tell me before I get the dictionary... :D

As for army-building, I dont think that's possible if you do'nt have a lot of $$ (or swedish crowns for that matter) that is to say, ypu will not a very big army out of this sets, even if you buy them all. So maybe border encounter is the way to go, as you so wisley speek. But then if you dont want an army but a gallery of characters that you could maybe build an story arround, I think these guys are good, of course you have to mix their body-parts with the old Lego-people you have but then they might be of use...

I do'nt know if these sets are very good to begin your castle building career with, but we'll see about that.

laying seige on a castle that big with just four guys and one piece of artilery, it smells like Fischer-Price!

-kajo-
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

as for army building, 1000 dollars could buy like 111 border ambushes. which means you would have like 222 knights
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Ok, here's what I think of KKII generally: :x I am quite put of by it. But, as always, there are a few redeeming factors: The figs aren't that bad on closer examination. There are plenty of black pikes. And there are a fare amount of other useful pieces. But here is the best part: KKII is so bad that the next Castle line can only be better! Honestly, when you think about it, it would be next to impossible for a theme to be worse and still be Castle.
Andrew_sension
Peasant

Post by Andrew_sension »

Haha good point :D
"Acetominophen you see the medicine, oh girl!"