WHO CARES ABOUT THE BLOODY KK2!?!?

Post by LONGBOW »

I mean, kk2? give me a break.
And why do you even like it you stupid cardassians
ham jam spamalot
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Just because you feel strongly in your opinions, doesn't mean eveyone shares them. Insulting those who feel differently gets you no where.

If you want to have an intelligent discussion as to why the KK2 sets and parts therein are inferior to other LEGO products past and present, then I suggest you explain your standpoint instead of hurling insults and excessive punctuation.

I, for one, like the KK2 sets and the minfigures, with the exception of the swords. Had LEGO made the hilt point away from the hand I would feel differently.

--Anthony
Webmaster Classic-Castle.com
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Longbow, Again with the foul language. BTW when you post in all caps it is the equivalent of yelling so please refrain from doing it. Anthony made the rest of the points succinctly so I won't continue the tirade, but please use a little etiquette.
Thanks!

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
DawnCrusader
Serf

Post by DawnCrusader »

Hey there :)
Well, I do like SOME of the minifigs from KK2, King Mathias and some "Dark side" minifigs... other than that, I dislike the buildings and the new heroes :| (rainbow heroes as someone said in this forum lol).
But not all is bad, as long as Lego continues to work on the "Lego Legends" I'm happy :)
"Strength and Honor"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

If you want to indicate strong feelings, use LEGO swears, like MEGABLOKS.

Get the idea.

This is fun site. :P
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Cardassians... this is a new one to me. I felt kind of dumb at first for not knowing what this means, but once I found out, I felt a lot better.
As for why I like KK2: The truth of the matter is that I don't like KK2. However, there's no point in complaining because there's nothing to be done about it. Like it or not, KK2 sets have been released, and I for one am going to buy them. Sure, the set designs suck, and I hate the swords, but I can make use of the figures and I'll make the best of the pieces. It won't be that much different from the past 7 years (or more) worth of crappy sets that Lego has put out.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

"Bloody" isn't considered a vulgarity in the U.S. - or was something removed already?

Anyway, Longbow, you might want to learn how to communicate without expressing your contempt for those that have opinions that you do not understand.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Yes, just because many of us keep talking about them doesn't mean you should yell at us. If you are tired of hearing about, just avoid threads that talk about them. We are all here to have fun and make friends, not to criticize each other.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

I don't mind them too much...at least I don't hate them as much as when I first seen them posted.

Some good points...decent parts (like the helmets and armor), decent looking baddies (at least better than the baddies from KK1) and a very good
back story (A LOT better than KK1)

Some of the bad points...I hate the swords and shields,
the sets are WAY over-priced, no minor good soldiers
(sets the good guys up for failure), and I don't really like
the colors of Jayko and Danju (poor colour choices).

However, its still Castle and its better than no castle at
all in my opinion.

Ben Medinets
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

ok - you've been chastised enough so I won't add my opinions to that... :)

On topic though; Lego castle has always been great. Even when it wasn't great (can you say willa witch?) it was still a great toy.
Lego is about creativity and fun, so if you don't like the sets, which I personally don't, you simply take it apart and make what you want. There are a lot of pieces that I do like.
That is true of almost every single Lego set they have ever made. I mean really, how many dobby's release did everyone buy for the parts right?
(I only got two, because they sold out of them after they went on sale :D)

So out of the new KK sets, I like a lot of the part. The helmets I may not use, but I have been wanting different colored armor for awhile. My son's favorite color is purple, so he wants a purple knight, and my favorite color is green, so I have always wanted a cool looking green breastplate.
I like the weapons, though I wish they were in more realistic colors, and the only real problem I have with the line is the stupidity of having two (two!?) bad guys to six good guys.

I mean if the good guys are such wussies, then they deserve to have a bad guy take over the kingdom. :D

Freak.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

KK2 is beter than no knights!
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Dragon Master has changed his avatar to look like his namesake THE dragon master! Oh, ye doom is ycomme true! Oh, tell the Lacedomians to man the torpedoes...

Riiiiight, the topic.
When this site started, and I was but a lurker, news of KK2 came in bit by bit, and was met with a mix of annoyance and disgust. now that they are actually out, and we are stuck with them, people are now starting to find uses for them and the general opinion has changed to "Oh, them. they're alright."
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

Look at the bright side ;)
TLC is releasing a new castle line, also the bio-knights and a DUPLO castle theme. That means, TLC is going to expand the castle line and that castle is not dead like we feared a year ago :)
The bioknights are already popular with kids, so we are going to see more of that. But who cares? If they sell well, it'll give us more minifig castle, and that is what we want :D

I don't care about sets, I look at the parts that are in it. And I must say, nice parts for castle. I also like some figs in the sets (and the black helmets) plus we get new bardings!

@TS: Please use your creativity and create your own castle mocs, so you can have the sets you really want.

Too bad about the colors, but that is discussed over and over, and not going to be turned back. Live with it, that's what I'm going to do.
Meanwhile, I will buy those sets for parts. There are too many sets I didn't buy and I now regret not buying them!
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Considering my own MOCs aren't exactly medieval and that certain soldiers types from other parts of the world wore colorful armor, yes... I do find the KK2 knights to be very useful.

Castle will NEVER die! In fact they could be improving it by the next Castle subtheme.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

SavaTheAggie wrote:I, for one, like the KK2 sets and the minfigures, with the exception of the swords. Had LEGO made the hilt point away from the hand I would feel differently.
Opinions can change over six months I suppose...

Anyway, I agree with you (this is rare, I think) on the sword thing. Had the hand guards not been backwards, I could have really liked these new swords. Unfortunately, the swords are the way they are.

It seems like they only way those new swords could fit into a story is if there was a soldier nobody liked and they gave him one of those backwards swords so he would get hurt in combat.

Anyway, some generic good-guy soldiers and some civilian stuff could salvage the KK2 line. It seems as if they plan to continue it for at least another year. Maybe TLC will release something that will plug all of the holes in the theme. I'm not too hopeful about that, but it would be nice.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]