(unofficial) Minifig Review: Royal Knights - Knight 2

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Dragon Master
Merchant

(unofficial) Minifig Review: Royal Knights - Knight 2

Post by Dragon Master »

Join the (unofficial) weekly Classic Castle minifig review discussion. Please post your thoughts the design, color scheme, appeals, etc. Which minifigs can block the blow from our sword of assessment, and which ones are sliced in shame?

This week’s minifig is...Royal Knights - Knight 2

Royal Knights - Knight 2 is found only in set 6090, Royal Knight's Castle. This knight is one of two of the King's knights. He has a fairly common royal knight's torso, but what made this guy unique are the red gloves (gauntlets) he has, something that most knights lack. The good sir has a Dragon Master’s head and a visor that had not been seen for 3 years.

"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Well, I think that the black/red color scheme makes him a villain, or at least makes him look like one. I do love the visor, though, and the head is useful although I don't especially like it. So...

Face ~ 7.5/10
Headgear ~ 10/10
Torso ~ 9/10
Color Scheme ~ 7.5/10

Overall ~ 8.5/10

Hm... I guess I like it better than I thought I did.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Torso design= 2/2
Head= 1/2
Headgear= 2/2
Colours= 2/2
do I like?= 1.5/2
Total=8.5/10
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

A pretty good Knight. I like the head and the helmet. The red hands look alright also. overall,a 8/10.

Dave
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I have this guy! (I don't have the set, though. I made him from pieces of other sets.)
:wink:

I especially like the head. I've always wondered why they put a Dragon Master head on Royal King's right-hand man at a time when Royal Knights and Dragon Masters were enemies. Is he an assassin or spy or something?

I give this minifig 8/10.
Check out my LEGO Movies at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=88753 !
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I really think the torso is cool. Red hands are neat. The visor helm looks a little weird with no plate armor, so 7/10.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I always loved this fig! In the final years of my sets existence, it was my alltime fave in Castle.

I called him Sir Dractor. Slightly modified (no RK emblems) he still exists as one of CC Roleplay characters.

I loved him because unlike the majority of many of Castle figs, he was unique. In my world, he was a knight of Dragon Master descent (and like many DMs, had the power of turning into a dragon). I also loved his coloration.

The only problem was he lacked armour.

I fixed that with a spare shogun's armour.

I also gave him different weapons, but that is beyond the point, as this is a discussion of the unmodified fig, not the modified fig.

Helmet/Hair: 9.5/10 (I love visors, and I own less red helmets that I own visors.)
Head: 9/10 (I love this face!)
Torso/shirt: 8/10 (The RK design is nothing spectacular, but the gloves and coloration are great!)
Pants/legs: 7/10 (Nothing good, nothing bad)

Overall score: 8.375/10
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Snoopy is rigt again!
We've seen this man in many disguises for ten years now, this time his mission is to infiltrate the royal court and kill king Leo! Ther's no other explanation:)

Nice torso, now if he could only get the rest of the clothes matched to the kings arms, or maybe his own arms, in black and red. that would be nice...
I'm back, and so is Castle!
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

I've always liked this fig. The general red/black color scheme that has been carried into the helmet and hands. These are very good touches - so often we see an ostensibly heavily armored knight with bare hands.

The first of the (minor) picks: the red/white/blue color scheme of the shield isn't really reflected in the fig. However, the special torso it receives makes it stand out from the rest of the Royal Knights while still maintaining it's faction identity.

The visored helmet was welcome, but when not counter-balanced by an armor piece it tends to look too large and heavy - a good experiment would be to add Vladek's or Santis' armor to the fig.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

This guy is supposed to be a good guy.

Face ~ 4/10 (good for a bad guy...)
Headgear ~ 10/10
Torso ~ 9/10
Color Scheme ~ 7.5/10

Overall ~ 6/10
Last edited by jamitjames on Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
DawnCrusader
Serf

Post by DawnCrusader »

Hmmm... Erm, well, I think I'm the only one to dislike this minifig :| The red helmet seems to me a bit odd, and the overall color scheme disturbs me lol.. It's like he's a puffy Knight or something... I dunno :/
Oh and that face in a Royal Knight... I just can't pass through it :|
"Strength and Honor"
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I like the color scheme a lot, but I think that the helmet looks a bit large without euro armor. They could have at least printed armor onto his torso... maybe he's wearing armor underneath a tabard, but it doesn't matter because I don't really like the RK emblem anyway. The head, though not my favorite, looks great with any knight.

Face ~ 8/10
Headgear ~ 6/10
Torso ~ 5/10
Color Scheme ~ 9/10

Overall ~ 7/10
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Snoopy wrote:I have this guy! (I don't have the set, though. I made him from pieces of other sets.)
:wink:

I especially like the head. I've always wondered why they put a Dragon Master head on Royal King's right-hand man at a time when Royal Knights and Dragon Masters were enemies. Is he an assassin or spy or something?

I give this minifig 8/10.
I guess two brothers who fight each other, if you want a story :)
But the royal knights kings' head is also used for one of the dragon knights...

Oh yeah, the numbers, I almost forgot :)
Torso design: I own one of these, but I actually don't like them that much because I don't really like one-color torsos with just a simple emblem on them. I prefer to have my knight wear an armor over it (but I have none spared :( ). 1/2.5
Head= 2.5/2.5, this guys head can be used everywhere and anywhere and is not over detailed.
Headgear= I like the visor, but the helmet it is attached to it is red and thats weird for a helmet. 1.50/2.5
Colours= 2.5/2.5 Red and white :) perfect.
Total: 7.5/10

Total
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

DawnCrusader wrote:Hmmm... Erm, well, I think I'm the only one to dislike this minifig :| The red helmet seems to me a bit odd, and the overall color scheme disturbs me lol.. It's like he's a puffy Knight or something... I dunno :/
Oh and that face in a Royal Knight... I just can't pass through it :|
I don't like it, 6/10 is not a good rateing
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
DawnCrusader
Serf

Post by DawnCrusader »

I don't like it, 6/10 is not a good rateing
LoL! That makes me feel better ;)
"Strength and Honor"