Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Yah too bad. :cry:

:wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

I'm thinking these 2 sets are best yet of KK2. They look pretty good to me, but pricing is probly(m/s) going to be up there. :x But I still can't wait!
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Those are amazing, I hope that they are cheap at Portugal!
Even like that, I think that they will be expensive.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I like the big doors. Too bad not in brown. I love the newer wall pieces windows since they can put the lattice window in which looks cool. I like that you get 2 of the shields with the bird, since I think they are the most realistic. And I can get a green knight with armor for cheaper than the big castle.

For the tower, I like the weapons. Too bad only 2 figs. Tower is okay design, nice parts though. I like the gold dragon head piece on bottom from orient line.

Hope they are both priced well. :D
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

YES!
Finally something good out of KKII, if they ever hit the store I'll save as much money as it takes to buy them.

Obviously, they've looked over the shoulder and seen what used to be good, and then made it in KKII-style. I'm happy for all of us and for TLC. Castle is back!

I like the castle the most, it kind of reminds me of 6062 or 6059, and we allways have use for a good seige-tower! This is the best opf Lego this year!
WOHOO! :D
I'm back, and so is Castle!
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Is that a chrome dragon head on the battering ram? :D

Cm2
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

porschecm2 wrote:Is that a chrome dragon head on the battering ram? :D

Cm2
Yes, same as in Dragon Fortress.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
SwiftBlade
Gong Farmer

Re: Vladek's Attack I & II?

Post by SwiftBlade »

I just saw these on Brickset last night, the fort looks awful. There only looks like it has a few big parts with the Rainbow Knights. The Siege cart is not as bad, but it is still Bad IMO. That ugly shield on the side needs to be taken away, they need to replace the bad guys. The pieces to this set are limited, but not as limited as to the KK2 Castle. I wish Lego would make the Classics instead of this inferior themes, but the kids like these sets these days. As the Majority, they have a huge influence on what Lego makes these days. I wish Lego would make some Castle Legends to give relief to us, then everyone will be happy. But welcome to the real world. Life is Not Fair. :x [size=18][/size][color=darkblue][/color]
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

Off topic: welcome to classic castle, SwiftBlade! :D

On topic: These sets are great. The seige cart actually looks cool. I also think the castle wall section looks moular. Maybe these two sets are the start of something much bigger....

-The Josh
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

If they returned to 2003 pricing, I would be very happy with these sets. Almost anything is better than buying that castle to get a green knight.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
SwiftBlade
Gong Farmer

Post by SwiftBlade »

Thanks Josh! :D

I will agree that these sets are a lot better than the other KK2 sets, however they are not even close as being good as the ones made in the 80's-early 90's. But the good news is I believe Lego may be heading the right direction and someday soon make sets just as great from the Golden Years of Castle Lego! That would be Awesome! 8)

SwiftBlade-Gong Farmer, How exciting! :D
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I thought just struck me about those big POOPs in the fortress, the ones that accept the lattice windows.

What do you guys think of the idea of using them as part of a lower floor to a CCC style tudor building? I mean, most of the CCC style tudor buildings use grey for the bottom floor anyway, and that lattice window is certainly civilian enough. I realize that most houses didn't have a turret, but with the way the traditional CCC style home has an upper floor with a larger footprint than the lower floor, you could build the upper floor out to meet the farthest point out on the turret. Maybe an upper class home?

Just a seed part idea.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

SavaTheAggie wrote:Just a seed part idea.
Cool idea, but that's not really a seed part, since it's still being used as a wall a turret. Not if was used as a floor or roof, that would be different.

RE: these new sets, :shock:

DUDE! Best sets of KK2! Models are so-so, but pieces are GREAT! Black doors, four shields, three knights (green!!), turrent POOPs, three oriental pikes, two halberds, shadow knight, golden dragon head and other parts! Please please please be $20 each!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Every keep on saying they are the best sets KKII got to offer. Well if this is the bet they got....

We are not ammused :evil: