Re: What were your first Castle sets

Post by Sir Prog »

King's Castle. ...'Nuff said.
For the King's Castle!
DraconisTerrena
Apprentice

Post by DraconisTerrena »

My first lego set was 6245: Harbor Sentry; my first castle set was 6018: Battle Dragon. Both boats, oddly.
"A warrior is always joyful because his love is unalterable and his beloved, the earth, embraces him and bestows upon him inconceivable gifts."
-- Don Juan, Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

I had the 6017 king's oarsmen from my older sister for christmas or birthday, and bought 6016 knight's arsenal a little later, but it was late for me to keep playing Legoland scale, and they were the ultimate sets I got before getting into Technics, and the two only castle sets I ever got before dark ages.

I had enough parts to make little keeps for them, but from only city sets, most of my buildings were white/red/black. :lol:
I still have every part from these sets, though, the printings on figs chests are well worn out. :(

For the older castle set I have, it is probably 6021, Jousting knights '84, or 6022 horse cart '84, from parts I just got, but not cleaned/sorted yet.
6012, siege cart (ballista) '86, is the set I am sure to have complete.

Well, some will say everything I have is classic, yes, I don't want to get too recent sets, my limit is the gray change, and I don't want fright knights too, except for loose parts.

Kingdoms sets to come (I plan to buy each one of them) will probably not be mixed with olders.
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

ok.. thought i'd already replied to this topic..
I'm a classic castle guy all the way.. strange to say but I even kept the box to my first castle. I have Eagle Crest castle 6074. [I still don't like using the American names for these sets] ..
I had a set before that.. it was the Lion Crest set..6061. so my Eagles already had someone to battle.

[my one major annoyance is that we have to conform to the American names for sets.. instead of the European and local names.]

%$#@ing Falcons.. you don't exist.. you are Eagles its a European symbol.
Crusaders are Lions....

going to my happy place now :D
Balamorgineas
Peasant

Post by Balamorgineas »

My first castle set was 6026 King Leo
It was also my first Lego set. My older brother had lots of Lego but there wasn't much castle and none of it was mine.
I can remember getting this set for Christmas. It is the common practice of our parents to put a small $5-10 set in me and my brother's stockings every Christmas. I love this set and KK1 is my favorite theme.

As others have already said this is a fun and interesting thread to read and to post in.

Thanks,
Balamorgineas
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

dyntar wrote:[I still don't like using the American names for these sets]...
[my one major annoyance is that we have to conform to the American names for sets.. instead of the European and local names.]
%$#@ing Falcons.. you don't exist.. you are Eagles its a European symbol.
Crusaders are Lions....
Personnally, for the Eagles/Falcons/Dracos I don't mind, in France, it was only a "fortified mansion (manor?)", but when I hear crusader, I always expect to see a cross, somewhere on the torso... :roll:

For the loss of parts, I remember that I got my 6016 just before going to a picnic, so I couldn't wait to get it assembled, but let a sword fall into the rear seat, wich I had to remove to get my sword back.

A friend of mine offered me to give some part from his BFF and others sets, and various parts, I painfully remember only getting two technic cylinders, the reversing valve, tubing, two chests, and some L&S parts I stil have the whole of them. :mad:
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Sir Prog wrote:King's Castle. ...'Nuff said.
Agreed! :)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

My first two castle sets were 6039 and 6103 back in the beginning of 1989 - the Wind of Change brought some LEGO to Eastern Europe (although by that time there was a selection of only 3 or 4 sets in the local shops). I still own both sets and in my humble oppinion the red lion barding is the best horse barding design that TLG made.
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

When I was a kid, I really, really, really wanted the yellow Castle set. So I did lots of extra chores and saved every penny of my allowance, and finally after what must have felt like months, I had enough money to buy it. After all that work, I ferociously guarded every piece of the set from my little brother and older sister, the vacuum cleaner and two dogs. I still have every piece of it; At the moment it's in a tower configuration -- one of the alternative ideas I copied from the inside of the box lid. It reminds me of Burg Eltz in Germany.

It's not in the castle line, but my first LEGO set, and the one I'm most nostalgic about, is a little rescue helicopter and ambulance set -- it had minifigures but they didn't have arms or legs or even printed faces.

Heck, I guess while I'm reminiscing, my favorite set from the Space line was the Mobile Rocket Transport: (http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6950-1). I know I still have all the pieces somewhere, and have been meaning to see if I can rebuild it.
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

rogue27 wrote:I never had enough money to buy a castle, but I was happy with my black knight fighting my brother's forestmen.

My first actual castle arrived in 2002 when I bought 6073 Knight's Castle on eBay at the end of my Dark Age.

I'm glad you were finally able to get yourself a castle.
domboy
Freeman

Post by domboy »

dyntar wrote:ok.. thought i'd already replied to this topic..
Funny... so did I. :? Must have read it and never responded...

Anyway, I believe the oldest Lego Castle set I own is also the first Castle I can recall getting, 6061 Siege Tower. It was probably a Christmas present, and probably the same Christmas that my older brother by two years got his 6073 Knight's Castle, which meant I was rather at a disadvantage in a Lego fights that year!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Luckily I was just at the right age to have the Yellow Castle, my first Castle set. That set, along with the Galaxy Explorer, started my addiction to LEGO. Unfortunately, I did not keep that set fully built condition (it lasted for 4 years or so) due to my age and a few moves. I still have all of the figures and bricks and the instructions. I had the Knight's Procession and the Joust set from that era as well. As I grew older a Dark Age set in that wasn't broken until King's Castle in 1986 when I was working part-time and had two essential things; a car and a small amount of disposable income. Lions to the rescue. 8)
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Napoleon
Archer

Post by Napoleon »

This is going to sound pathetic next to you old-timers, but my first set was 8873 Fireball Catapult. I know that may not be the best set ever, but I treasure it mainly because it got me off Bionicle and introduced me to LEGO System. I promptly started buying every set in the KK line that I could; getting Mistlands Tower and Battle at the Pass for full price at Toys R Us so I could get Gargoyle Bridge for free.(A thirty dollar set for not one cent!) I loved every set, but the last year of KK was terrific, and I would love to get a few more Adric and Kentis figs, but oh, well. I have been in love with LEGO castle products ever since.
Last edited by Napoleon on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

[url=http://z7.invisionfree.com/Teen_LEGO_Fans/index.php?]TeenLEGOFans.com![/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/55680977@N04/]My Flickr![/url]
Old_School_Fan
Laborer

Post by Old_School_Fan »

I believe the very first Lego Castle set I ever receieved was 6044 King's Carriage. I remember being at my Grandma's house the day I got it, and it must have been a birthday or Christmas. It is still to this day one of my all time favorite Lego carts/wagons/carriages. The 6044 you see in my Flickr isn't the original, I'm sad to say, but it is because of sets like it that I have become addicted to Lego Castle. :]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/7893418@N03/]My Flickr[/url]
Cryptic^Writings
Serf

Post by Cryptic^Writings »

dragon's cave, I still love it! I remember I was like 10 years old at the time and it's so awesome for me to get a dragon and wizard figures in lego