What were your first Castle sets

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Re: What were your first Castle sets

Post by quaraga »

my first castle set that was 100% mine was most likely mistlands castle. I was super excited about the drawbridge though I was slightly pissed that it had the blue dude in the picture but actualy came with the green dude. however my brother and I would always go through the magazine looking for sets that we could split up. also I found an assortment of classic castle at a garage sale.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

My first Castle set was also the first Lego set I purchased myself, and the third set I owned. After a good year or so of saving (which is a verrrrry long time when you're 6), I wanted to get "that really cool Castle" that I had seen in the 1992 catalogue that came in my second set--a Freestyle birthday present, months earlier.

The set that I wanted was 6086. However, when my parents went shopping in the city with my money, the set that they picked up for me was 6081. The idea was that it was substantially cheaper, and my mom had the idea of adding my extra money to my bank account (you know, for college and stuff).

I didn't REALLY care--6081, King's Mountain Fortress, was still super cool, with 2 knights, a ghost, raised baseplate, a princess (a character who was not featured anywhere else in Castle sets of my acquaintance until KK1 and the Guarded Inn re-release a year after), and trees and flags and crossbows.

It was very cool, and 6081 has held a deep place in my Lego-loving heart ever since, and so have the Lion Knights/Crusaders as a result. All the same, I knew, even then, that it wasn't 6086, and I continued to lust over that set until adulthood, with more money and the discovery of Bricklink made that dream a reality.
Daria
Villein

Post by Daria »

This is sort of pathetic but my first castle set was in the mid 2000's with 8777 Vladek Encounter. My now husband and I were visiting the Lego Store in downtown Disney World. That morning I had surprised him with a Star Wars Millenium Falcon set delivered to our hotel room and I was on a nostalic Lego kick. Although I had Lego buckets as a child in the early 90's, and I certainly coveted the classic Knights, Forestmen, and Pirates I never recieved any as gifts. So I bought a set of jelly bean knights as an impulse purchase. I didn't really care for the ugly purple dude, and even now don't have much of a use for him. But I really liked the black night on the dark red steed. I didn't buy any other Knights Kingdom II sets, but really got into buying the first series of Clastle sets. Unfortunately I quit "collecting" right before the Dwaves came out. But the new Kingdoms stuff is awesome, and I've already bought a few duplicates of the cheaper sets.
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

6080 followed by 6030/6041 and 6023 :)
Love them all till this very day
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

Hi

In the eigthies i didint had any castle sets, i got my legos from my older brother and pass them to my younger brother later. our sets were mainly classic space, futuron and blacktron. But i did build lots of castles during that time and i tried to match the look of the old medieval castles.

In mid 2009 i restarted purchasing lego after a 20 years break.I started buying Star Wars sets and look for the old classic castle sets online. I was somewhat lucky, i found most classic sets avaiable near my home town of Porto (in Portugal is very hard to find classic lego castle avaiable and at a afordable price) so here is my Castle sets list hope you enjoy it.

Classic Castle 1980's
6009 - Black Knight; 6010 - Supply Wagon; 6011 - Black Knights Tresure; 6017 - Kings Oarsmen; 6018 - Battle Dragon; 6022 - Horse Cart; 6023 - Maidens Cart; 6030 - Catapult; 6035 - Castle Guard; 6039 - Twin Arm Laucher; 6040 - Blacksmith Shop; 6042 - Dungeon Hunters; 6049 - Viking Voyager; 6061 - Siege Tower; 6067 - Guarded Inn; 6073 - Knights Castle; 6074 - Black Falcons Fortress;

Dragon Master 1990's
6048 - Majistos Magical Workshop

Royal Knights 1990's
6008 - Royal King; 6090 - Royal Knights Castle

Knights Kingdoms 2000's
6032 - Catapult Crusher

Vikings
7015 - Vikings Warrior; 7016 - Viking Boat agaisnt the Wyvern Dragon (next Buy); 7017 - Vikings Catapult vs Nidhogg Dragon; 7018 - Viking Ship challenges the Midgard Serpent; 7019 - Viking fortress against the Fafnir Dragon (next buy); 7020 - Army Of Vikings with heavy Artillery Wagon; 7021 - Viking Double catapult vs the Armored Ofnir Dragon

Castle (2007-2009)
10193 - Castle Town Square

Kingdoms (2010- )
7946 - Kings Castle (next buy); 7947 - Prison Tower Rescue; 7948 - Outpost Attack; 7949 - Prison Carriage Showdown; 7950 - Knight's Showdown; 7952 - Kingdoms Advent Calender; 7953 - Court Jeste (Next Buy); 7955 - Wizard (Next Buy); 30061 - Attack Wagon (Next Buy); 30062 - Target Practice (Next Buy); 852921 - Red Lion Knights Battle Pack (next Buy); 852922 - Green Dragon Knights Battle Pack (Next Buy)

The ones marked with a next buy i havent found them yet.

Thoriun
Last edited by Thoriun on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
BearHeart
Gong Farmer

Post by BearHeart »

My first Catle (and LEGO) set was 6041 Armor Shop. Unfortunately, 90% of the set is now lost. :(
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

For me it was 1877 Crusader's Cart... My very first Castle set. I was into Space and Town during my childhood. Didn't really appreciate Castle until I got tired of pretending there were lasers from the spaceships and the fact that cops had no weapons in Town theme.

So... I turned to the warlike minifigs of Castle theme as I got older! Also watching cartoons like King Arthur and the Knights of Justice, Prince Valiant, and movies like Excalibur kinda helped push me more into Castle. :D

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=1877-1
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

For me it was the original Yellow Castle and the Knights Tournament (I had two). From there I was hooked. It was the pieces, real bricks, that I liked best about it. Very useful for MANY things. I never really latched onto the pre-fab castle wall element until the Pirates vs Soldiers sets made them look a little less drab. I still don't like to use the castle walls, but I have so very many. The first Castle sets were the best I think because of the extensive use of brick. I wish the newer sets would rely more on brick.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Captain Cochise
Serf

Post by Captain Cochise »

My first castle set was the Armour Shop in 1986, which I used birthday money to purchase. I still have the red Lion Flag in PERFECT shape. I don't ever remember the set coming with a black sword though. I would have loved more castle sets as a kid, and did get two or three more small sets, but some how all major themes at the time where spread out amoungst my two friends in the neighborhood. I had the space themed sets, one kid had Town, and another already had castle. We would go between houses to play with the different themes. So I would continue to receive space sets from the parents as long as I wanted lego. The castle kid moved away in junior high, and about that time I entered the first dark age.
[url]http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/6331[/url]

Everything tiled? Check. Vegetation on Steriods? Check. Excessive stone work and Rocks? Check.
BobaFett2
Serf

Post by BobaFett2 »

The Shell Promotion for 1997 with the Bat Lord and the Catapult. But my first real remembered Castle set is the Knights' Kingdom book, and the first LEGO Castle set that I remember getting was the Castle of Morcia. My favorite, however, is my recently acquired Royal Knights Castle.
This is not Star Wars-It's real life (not much difference though).
LordLiam98
Serf

Post by LordLiam98 »

architect wrote:My first castle set was 6010 Supply Cart. Soon I also had my favorite set, 6080 Kings Castle.
Jojo wrote:And now for something completely different (The Larch): I read so often things like "I still got all the parts", and I wonder: Yeah, why would you not? How does one lose Lego?
Three causes that led to my lost Lego are:

1. Moving to various houses while growing up.
2. Holes in the floors of the above mentioned old houses
3. Younger siblings - This also leads to broken black swords, round shields, lion flags, etc.

But with all of these problems, our family Lego collection including the castle sets are only missing 2-3% of the bricks. Pieces damaged from play wear would be a higher percentage.

Ben
That is the most right thing I have seen on here... some one else, I'm finally not alone(but I have not lost that much).
HOMEYFRIEND#2

Look at my arrow, now at the target, now back to my arrow. You didn't have to turn your head.
Throndor
Freeman
Location: Wherever it is they haul off the criminally insane to.

Post by Throndor »

This hurts my brain to think about. Like most other things. I guess it wouldv'e been.... One of my brother's hand-me-downs, I guess... OOH I KNOW! 6060, Knight's Challenge! Lucky me. :D
architect wrote:
My first castle set was 6010 Supply Cart. Soon I also had my favorite set, 6080 Kings Castle.

Jojo wrote:
And now for something completely different (The Larch): I read so often things like "I still got all the parts", and I wonder: Yeah, why would you not? How does one lose Lego?

*edit
"Three causes that led to my lost Lego are:

1. Moving to various houses while growing up.
2. Holes in the floors of the above mentioned old houses
3. Younger siblings - This also leads to broken black swords, round shields, lion flags, etc.

But with all of these problems, our family Lego collection including the castle sets are only missing 2-3% of the bricks. Pieces damaged from play wear would be a higher percentage.

Ben"
Well, lucky me again. One move, no little siblings, all new houses. :lol:
If I were to make something out of LEGOs, I would probably use LEGOs. Pretty advanced stuff going on up in my head.
Redav
Artisan

Post by Redav »

I think my first set was one of the following;

6010 - Supply Cart (most likely)
6022 - Horse Cart
6021 - Jousting Knights
6030 - Catapult

I really don't remember because I was pretty young however these ones are the sets in the worst condition. In fact, only recently have I realised that I own 6022.
Team Jesus

[url=http://www.brickset.com/search/?ownedBy=redav]My Brickset List[/url]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/redavthe1st/]My Flickr Photostream[/url]
Lewa Rocks
Steward

Post by Lewa Rocks »

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=8781-1
was my first castle set. I haven't been into castle for very long. I wasn't a fan back when the classic sets where out. :(
I loved that castle when I first got it. Everyone makes fun of the "jelly bean knights" but back when I was young I loved them! I remember countless hours playing with them. :D
Good memories!
Redav
Artisan

Post by Redav »

Redav wrote:I think my first set was one of the following;

6010 - Supply Cart (most likely)
6022 - Horse Cart
6021 - Jousting Knights
6030 - Catapult
Actually, mum thinks that I might have recieved the Knight's Castle first and then a few others after. It's also in a well used state however apart from the minifigs, it's basically complete.
Team Jesus

[url=http://www.brickset.com/search/?ownedBy=redav]My Brickset List[/url]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/redavthe1st/]My Flickr Photostream[/url]