What were your first Castle sets

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Cracko Witcho
Serf

Re: What were your first Castle sets

Post by Cracko Witcho »

architect wrote:
Jojo wrote:And now for something completely different (The Larch): I read so often things like "I still got all the parts", and I wonder: Yeah, why would you not? How does one lose Lego?
Three causes that led to my lost Lego are:

1. Moving to various houses while growing up.
2. Holes in the floors of the above mentioned old houses.
That right there, and the fact that I was so young when I was given my first castle. I'm sure I loved it, but I would still have been young enough to just lose things somehow, in that mysterious way little kids can lose anything that isn't pinned to them. One of the first thing to go was the drawbridge string. That can probably be filed under Act of Cat.
gormadoc1 wrote:I think my first castle set was 6082 Fire Breathing Fortress for the Dragon Masters.
It was released in 1993.
And I must say I really like it especially because it has Majisto in it :) .
I had that one too. I just had to have the dragon, and Majisto, and the BURPs, and that curved staircase that I thought was so awesome but never found a use for. That was a great set.

Managed to post that same message with slight editing variations three times in a row... gotta wake up a little next type before I start trying to type :?
True freedom can't lean on anything. It's transient, lonely, and arduous. You can't hope for security or reward beyond it.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Pretty sure it was Black Falcon's Fortress (or Battering Ram).
Mörs
Dragon Bait

Post by Mörs »

My first Castle set was either the Royal King from 1995 or Majisto's Magic Shop from 1993... probably the latter, though. Now that I think about it, it amazes me greatly I never tried to collect more from Classic Castle when it was still around as a kid... I only occasionally bought/received small sets. Oh well... maybe I'll finally get the chance of getting my hands on an actual castle this year, when the new King- UHHH, I mean... yeah. :D

Oldest stuff I have are probably several Black Falcon and Forestmen minifigures I got second hand.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

My one request for Christmas when I was 25 was castle-themed Lego. Don't know why I suddenly took a hankering to Lego, or to castle in particular, but I did. I got 6080 Kings Castle.
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Elbadar
Artisan

Post by Elbadar »

The first lego set I ever bought was King Leo, the little one with a four piece tower. I was a train guy my first year of legoism, but castle quickly forced my trains to second priority. For some reason I loved king Leo's castle :twitch: , and being young and impatient I bought the KK1 impulse set to tide me over til Christmas. My first actual castle was the legend black falcon fortress. I actually got it the Guarded in, blacksmith shop, and King Leo's castle the same day but i distinctly remember opening and building the BFF first :D . My oldest I purchased three or four years later when I discovered the crusaders via the now extinct brickshelf instruction guide. I had to buy the castle that looked most like a keep and had a figure that looked most like a monarch, so i bought the kings mountain fortress, my oldest set to date. The Kings mountain fortress and guarded inn are still built to the day, and now that I'm feeling nostalgic :cry: , I'm gonna go rebuild the BFF, which I still have all the parts of :wave: . BTW this was a great idea for a thread!
Back to the front!
Funnyham
Laborer

Post by Funnyham »

I remeber now that when I was about 9, I went to my freinds and noticed he had a treasure trove of loose old castle lego (sort of Forestman, B:ack falcon sort of thing) however at the time, I had no idea how valuable it was (considering this was only about 6 years ago!). He actually gave the whole lot away to another freind, and I now have no idea where it could all possibly be.
The worst thing was, he actually offered me it at the time, and not being particularly into castle, I declined. Now I cannot even think back to that time without feeling physically sick.
Why oh why did i not take it ?! :cry:
A MOC a day keeps the doctor away.
wallgorn
Freeman

Post by wallgorn »

Don't remember my first castle set. As kids, my brother and I collected from all four Lego themes. Could have been from Black Falcons, Crusaders, Forestmen, or Black Knights.
Evil Ben
Freeman

Post by Evil Ben »

My first Castle set and (I'm pretty sure) the first set of Lego that was actually mine rather than my brother's or sister's, was 383 Knight's Tournament. I remember that very clearly indeed, because it was just so brilliant. I never got the yellow castle, though. I once had the opportunity to have it as a birthday present, but went for 1592 Town Square instead - even then the idea of a civilian building with some knights was appealing to me. And I can only have been about 6. (My expression when I first saw the MMV must have been quite something). I wanted a Knight's Procession too (it had swords!), but that took another 20 years or so...
Cdr.Donatra wrote:the silly caparisons on the horses
I actually thought they looked better with the housings (even though one or two of the 1x1s sometimes fell off). And it was a tournament, after all... Still, horses for courses. Or something. With you on the queen/princess figure, though.
maniac29
Peasant

Post by maniac29 »

cdljal wrote:There seems to be a lot of comparing the old and the new sets here wich I like to read and do myself but I was curious to know What everones first set (the first castle set they obtained) and the earliest set in their collection (the set they own that was released the earliest)

the answer to both questions for me is the clasic Knights Procession. I still have it and amazingly it is still intact with all its peices even after years of quests and battles.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

My first castle set was the yellow castle.

My second, third and fourth were Knight's Processions so I could siege the castle!

Jojo, unfortunately I lost one of the brave soldiers with the sword and shield in the back of my parent's station wagon while on a trip to Vancouver, Canada. I still have nightmares about losing the figure and searching for it 30 years later... :cry:
Last edited by Teh Stud on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

My first castle set was a Fright Knights set, as I was coming out of my dark ages.

The set that got me out of my dark ages was Mindstorms.

My childhood LEGO disappeared long ago, but never had any castle, in fact, never had any minifig sets. We had a bunch of basic brick, some plates and slopes (but just 1x2, 2x2, and 2x4 slopes, not even peaks), doors and windows, and wheels. Later we did get one of the first train sets and a couple others (I remember a fire engine set). We also got a gears set.

Frank
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

First one I distinctly remember getting was 6080, Kings Castle:

http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/6080.html

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

My first Castle set was 6012 Siege Cart / Ballista which I got in 1986 when I was 9 years old.

My mom worried about the spears poking my eyes out :roll: and banned LEGO Castle from our household.

In 1987 my brother made an attempt at LEGO Castle and got the 6066 Camouflaged Outpost. My mother was worried about our eyes again, but didn't stop us, so I bought 6016 Knights' Arsenal and 6035 Castle Guard. I never had enough money to buy a castle, but I was happy with my black knight fighting my brother's forestmen.

My first actual castle arrived in 2002 when I bought 6073 Knight's Castle on eBay at the end of my Dark Age.

BTW, I still have both of my eyes. :wave:
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
PJCountach
Serf

Post by PJCountach »

My first castle set was Knights Stronghold. I loved the pin pull catapult back then, since then I've realized how weak it is, but, ah well, such is life.
My favorite piece in it was the knight with his blue feather and Black Falcon Shield. my castle collection only really began to grow during the fantasy era, and I didn't have a dark era, though the early 2000's made me consider it several times.
Busboy489
Groom Extraordinary of the Chamber

Post by Busboy489 »

The first castle set that I remember getting was http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/6057.html 6057 Sea Serpent. I don't have very many of these pieces left in my collection at least I know most of the minifigs and gear are gone, and the sail too sadly. :(

The last set I recieved before my 7 year dark ages was http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/3739.html 3739 Blacksmith Shop. I loved this set so much, I still have all the pieces and have rebuilt it 2 or 3 times. :D