65%
Long crome knight sword.
20%

Total votes: 40

Luís
Steward

Sword choice, what is your fave?

Post by Luís »

Personaly my fave is the long crome knight sword.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I think a thread similar to this has been posted before, but what the heck... I voted anyway.
I voted for the short sword... I always use it for my favorite guys.

Hey, why didn't you include the new KK2 swords? Everyone thinks those are so cool!!!

Well, that should get everyone riled up. My work here is done.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

While we're saying what you didn't include...
What about the saber?
And the Orient Expodition Skimitar?

Well, they all have their place :wink:
Tycho McKorley
Artisan

Post by Tycho McKorley »

I like the short knight sword most of all because it seems to give a proper sense of scale. The large chrome sword is nearly as long as the Lego spear and that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. As for the samuri sword, it's beautifully made, but it's about as long as the chrome sword and thus a little obnoxious.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tycho123]My Brickshelf Folder[/url]
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Short castle swords, my nights need not compensate for anything :wink:
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Dragon Master you said what I was thinking. I can't say more. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

You asked for my fave, so you get it:

The Chrome GreatSword (known in various cultures as Excalibur, Anduril, Glamdring, Hero's Sword, King's Sword)

So that's the way i voted.

But the most useful, and one the most of my swordsmen are equipped with is the classic broadsword. Nothing beats it for all-around usefulness. You can give it to heroes or villians, leaders or followers, rich soldiers or rabble.

But I also love the katana. It makes the best bad guy sword, and if you aren't making Tolkien elves, then it makes great elven swords.

I still don't have any scimitars, so I can't say there, and while I use sabres, its only because I ran out of straight swords. And while I'll use KK2s for the baddies, its not because I like them or anything.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

I like the short broadsword best. It is poporionaly(m/s) correct and to me looks the best. But it also depends on the fig. i'm making at the time, some just need the crome Greatsword!
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Which sword would be the sabre? I like the short short, but I also like spears and axes.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

I like the short swords better, but I do use the silver ones for my Hight Knights/Templars.

Sir Terrance: The sabers they are reffering to, I think, are the Pirate swords (with the curve blade, and hand protector thing)

In my opinion, the Orient scimitars are ugly and huge. They really don't have a place in my army.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I voted for the short sword because it has a more realistic castle shape and size in my mind. Still, I like to use a mix of different swords with my castle men just for variation.

-The Josh
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Just so you know, This topic belongs in Lego Castle, not Castle MOCs.

I voted for the short sword. Only in its older incarnation with the harder plastic and more realistic blade.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

I prefer the saber, which is not listed, so I did not vote. I would like the short swords a lot more if they weren't so blunted, and I don't have any kantanas. I also like scimitars and chrome swords, but I don't have many of those, so I give them to commanders. The saber is best for grunts, IMHO.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:I prefer the saber, which is not listed, so I did not vote. I would like the short swords a lot more if they weren't so blunted, and I don't have any kantanas. I also like scimitars and chrome swords, but I don't have many of those, so I give them to commanders. The saber is best for grunts, IMHO.
Arrrrr, ye lubberly swab. It be a cutlass, not some sissy sabre limp-wristed about by some hussar hurlin' a hissy becuz o' 'is tight pantaloons. 8)

-->Cap'n Redbeard<--
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Barbapple wrote:While we're saying what you didn't include...
What about the saber?
And the Orient Expodition Skimitar?

Well, they all have their place :wink:
Well, I wanna keep on the ocidental castle because those are the castles we most consider. Orient Expedition " Alfange "(the Portuguese name for skimitar) and saber can't be used in correct castle. But if you put fantasy who knows?
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.