Knights' Kingdom (2) is not Castle.

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Jojo
Master

Knights' Kingdom (2) is not Castle.

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I'm glad to announce that KK2 is not Castle. Yeah yeah yippie yippie yeah.
Please have a look (pic = link):

You are able to see "Knights' Kingdom™" AND "Castle". As logical as logic can be this means there is a difference between "Castle" and "Knights' Kingdom™" like there is a difference between "Castle" and the fairytale castle from Belville™.

Well, that doesn't mean I'll never buy any KK2 stuff, it just means I'm not obliged to do this for the purpose of completing my collection...

Just so.

Bye
Jojo

Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

You are right, but I'll buy alot of them at the same.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

Was KK with Castle to?
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Welcome to the grey, fuzzy zone.

Maybe KK2 is Castle, maybe it isn't. I decline to say which I ACTUALLY think it is, but I feel obliged to point out something:

The KK2 shown there is the big stuff, the Bionicle-first-cousins-but-removed-one-step-from-the-garbage-bin things.

And furthermore, I believe that everyone agrees that the original KK was an a part of the Castle line? If so, then it logically follows that KK2 is a part of the Castle line.

But that doesn't mean I think that you should collect them. I'm just making an argument for the other side. (I mean, they're jellybeans. I don't, for the simple sake of argument, who will.)
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Formendacil wrote:And furthermore, I believe that everyone agrees that the original KK was an a part of the Castle line? If so, then it logically follows that KK2 is a part of the Castle line.
Well, Knights' Kingdom One was part of the castle line, as the main sets were located in the 60xx number range and can be part of the previous Castle world.
Knights' Kingdom Two is placed in the Technic number range 8xxx. This fact could be totally neglectable but odd infringements against the System like this simply upset me. And the figs and the overall impression of the sets don't fit into this Castle world in my as always more than humbly opinion.

By the way, I think they used the already taken name "Knights' Kingdom" for those Powerranger knights because they run out of new ideas. Like they used the dragon shield design from the Black Knights also for the Dragon Masters.

And of course my posting wasn't intended to be taken too seriously. I myself already own one of the KK2 Bioknightle's (I got him for free in a lottery) (pic = link):

Bye
Jojo

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

That poor dumb giant, fated to go the way of all dumb giants. Except that he's taking on an army of heroes, not just one.

Such is the way of things. :D
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

You are able to see "Knights' Kingdom™" AND "Castle". As logical as logic can be this means there is a difference between "Castle" and "Knights' Kingdom™" like there is a difference between "Castle" and the fairytale castle from Belville
Jojo, this is the best news I've heard in a long, long time!

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Are you sure it's all of KKII in the "Knights kingdom" Section, and not just the Bioniknights?
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Now this is my kind of topic, a post that proves KK2 is not Castle (A cheering sound would work well here...)!!! Barbapple, the KK2 section contains all of KK2, not just the Bioni-knights (is this the new official term for the bionicle-sized action figures TLC calls "legos"?). And to decypher what Jojo said earlier about set numbers: 8xxx is not the castle number code!
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Post by the_Rascal_King »

I'm surprised no-one has remarked upon this factor before:
Remember waaaay back when the first Harry Potter line was being announced, and Castle-heads lamented over the contractual obligation of TLC to not produce other Castle sets, for fear they would contend with their HP ones?
I think KK2 is TLC's way of producing sets that would 'please' Castle fans and not break their contract, by making it Bionicle-ized.
Thus, the liberties taken with the authenticity of Medieval Ages, and the presence of a (IMO yet another horribly boring) CCG.
I actually purchased TWO Vladek Encounters today, and am supremely pleased!
Vladek rocks tha' house, and Danju and the swords are not anywhere nearly as bad as I expected! (They're way less bulky-looking in person.)
However, I also got a brand new Hogwarts, and am much MUCH more pleased by that set.
I still won't buy any other sets until Vladek's Attack 1&2 are released, though.
I can finally have a Rascus and not have to shell out $90!
-Jason
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... alKing1083]the Rascal King[/url]
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

Did anyone notice when you click on the castle link the Knights Kingdom 2 minifig sets are there?
~ Matthew Taylor
[url=http://galacticbrick.com/arda][img]http://galacticbrick.com/lotr/new-site/banner-main.png[/img][/url]

The Adm is for Admiral not ADAM! :-p
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

So, can real castle, and loser castle coexist?
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

If you go there now, castles gone.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I don't know if anyone thought of this, but I bet when Ninja was first out, it was seperet from castle, and I am pretty sure that some people think that Ninja is part of castle. Just a thought I had. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

More proof!

http://www.lego.com/eng/service/replacementparts.asp

I was on the replacement parts form trying to errr, get parts that I errr, lost...yeah, lost!

But when you select which product line, KKII is separated from CASTLE!