Favorite Top 3 Lego Castle Sets You Own

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Re: Favorite Top 3 Lego Castle Sets You Own

Post by andhe »

As this thread seems to have come back up again I thought I'd pitch in.

1 - Dwarves Mine (It made me discover Lego again...)
2 - Wolfpack Tower (Made me remember flicking through the lego catalogues as a child. And it has a glow in the dark ghost)
3 - Medieval Market Village (It made me realise how amazing a lego set can truly be. And was one for the fans. Thanks TLG!)

- Andy
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/
surixurient
Serf

Post by surixurient »

For me its:
1. camouflaged outpost
2. forestmen's hideout
3. forestmen's crossing

smuggler's hayride and black knight are up there as well.
Purple Wolf
Hero
Hero

Post by Purple Wolf »

My three Castle sets I own are....
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4816-1
I got this set in christmas 2001 and this was a very wonderful set becauses.....
I had got my first visor(and my older brother didn't have one at the time :D ), my first plume set, and my first crom sword.

Second favorite set would be.............
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4819-1
I also got this in christmas 2001 as a pack with Knight's Catapult. My reasons are...
My first horse, the crom shield, and I had two more bad guys.

And third would be ..............
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6038-1
I got this only very resently and it has bean wonderful. Reasons are.......
SOOOOOOOOO many weapons :shock: , two more wolfpack(which are my favorite theme of castle), and ever since I saw it I wanted it.

So these are my three most favorite set. :)

Purple Wolf

P.S. I would say the runnerups but It would put you to sleep :snore:
Last edited by Purple Wolf on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's always room for dessert.
brickshelf
"Trolls exist! They steal your socks but only the left ones whats with that?"
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

My favorites would have to be...

#10039 Black Falcon's Fortress. This set is so much fun!! I know its a reissue but I wasn't able to get the first one. :roll:

#10000 Guarded Inn (also reissue, but awesome. :wink: )

and
#8799 Knight's Castle Wall. And I got 8800 Vladek's Siege Engine at the same time and it was teriffic!!

These sets were my choice because I had such a great time buliding and playing with them. :)

Mark
Lord Insanity
Villein

Post by Lord Insanity »

1. 6086 Black Knight's Castle - The best "castle" set Lego has ever released despite the elevated baseplate. This is the set that all other castles are judged against. The only set that comes close to being as good is the Black Falcon's Fortress. (and that is half the size) :D

2. 6077 Forestmen's River Fortress - The best "tower" set Lego has ever released. A solid defensive structure with an opening back wall instead of a missing back wall. And of course those two awesome trees. Ever since I got this set as a kid I have wanted Lego to release a $10-$15 tree set that would be good for multiple purchases to make the actual forest (or at least a few more trees) that this thing was supposed to be hiding in. :wink:

3. 10193 Medieval Market Village - The best "civilian" set Lego has ever released. As the set name implies this is an instant village for your castle armies to defend and/or pillage. The Mill Village Raid does come a close second though.
"A little nonsense now and then relished by the wisest men" - The real Willy Wonka
Gothano
Villein

Post by Gothano »

For me it is:

1. 6080: King's Castle - best Castle ever
2. 383: Knight's Tournament - a memorial thing
3. 10193: Medieval Market Village - first medieval town scene and a must have for every castle fan

BTW the new 10223 Kingdoms Joust will be another great set and be listed in further Favorite Top 3 I believe...
It's a new toy every day (com. slogan 1988)

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gothano76/]flickr.com/photos/gothano76[/url]
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

1. Definitely MMV. I just Love the perfect balance of genericness and detail.

2.10039 Legends Black Falcon Fortress. Nice and simple castle with some great functions and minifigs.

2.5 Has got to be 6062 Battering ram. Nice wall as well as cool siege weapon.

3. Actually,The small Fantasy Era set; 7090 Crossbow attack, is in my opinion realy great because of the good price and minigs included. I own about 10 copies.
Old_School_Fan
Laborer

Post by Old_School_Fan »

1.) 6086: Black Knight's Castle
-In my opinion, Lego's best looking castle. The set includes a full gatehouse, numerous interior features like a small building where the knights can eat and drink, and a well! Tons of soldiers, great barding, and awesome heraldry.

2.) 6090: Royal Knight's Castle
-My second favorite Lego castle is also based on appearance. This is another castle that has so many interior features. There is a throne room, full gatehouse, an outdoor shed, and a ton of minifigures including my favorite looking king that Lego has produced.

3.) 10193: Medieval Market Village
-I don't know what I can say about this set that hasn't already been said. It was simply awesome that Lego would come out with a beautiful, upscale, and detailed civilian set like this. The buildings are incredibly detailed, the minifigure selection is very nice, and I just don't see this coming off my 'Top Three' anytime soon. :]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/7893418@N03/]My Flickr[/url]
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

1. 6057 Black Knights' Sea Serpent (All bricks are lost, one minifig survives that atrocity :( ).
2. 6038 Wolfpack's carriage (lost by 2 :( ).
3. 7946 Lion Knights King's Castle.

Why I had to be so careless with these? ... I lost more than 40 sets (this is, all) of my childhood :cry:.
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
captainamerica
Peasant

Post by captainamerica »

Nice thread!

I should mention my first ever castle set was 6077 Knights Procession, so I have a few sets to pick from :D .

7018 Viking Ship challenges the Midgard Serpent

6074 Black Falcon's Fortress

tie: 6067 Guarded Inn/6041 Armor shop/ 6040 Blacksmith Shop/ 3739 Blacksmith shop/ 6918 Blacksmith Attack

I didn't include the Mill Village Raid or Medieval Market Square because I haven't built or even opened these two sets yet. I'm trying to force myself to wait until I have plenty of room to display them both. Well maybe all three once I order the Kingdoms Joust.
'more Legos than sense'