The Kingdoms Sets released!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
OverLoad
Steward

Re: The Kingdoms Sets released!

Post by OverLoad »

jdarlack wrote:The local TRU in Danvers, Massachusetts has most of the new Kingdoms sets - both impulse sets, as well as the others. From what I hear the Burlington Mall Lego Store (Burlington, Mass.) has them in as well.
What a coincidence, as the Burlington Mall Store is where I shop! :)

Well, now I definately know I'm going this weekend, thank you for that tidbit of information jdarlack!
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Elbadar
Artisan

Post by Elbadar »

Hey I had a question about availability. Have any of you found the new battlepacks in TRU or the Lego Store? In fact what does it look like in TLS in general, cause I would prefer having an idea of what to look for where.
Back to the front!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Elbadar wrote:Hey I had a question about availability. Have any of you found the new battlepacks in TRU or the Lego Store? In fact what does it look like in TLS in general, cause I would prefer having an idea of what to look for where.
My local Toys R Us is only carrying the standard five theme sets and two impulse sets. LEGO Brand Stores should have the battle packs.

Ben
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Elbadar wrote:Hey I had a question about availability. Have any of you found the new battlepacks in TRU or the Lego Store? In fact what does it look like in TLS in general, cause I would prefer having an idea of what to look for where.
As of May 21st, the LIC at the Mall of America in MN had all 5 regular sets, and the 2 impulse sets but no promo sets. They also had Both battle packs.

I did NOT see any of the Collector Minifig sets (which I was hoping to see some of and acquire same).

They had a few less of some of the above sets after I left :^)
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
OverLoad
Steward

Post by OverLoad »

Kosh wrote:
As of May 21st, the LIC at the Mall of America in MN had all 5 regular sets, and the 2 impulse sets but no promo sets. They also had Both battle packs.

I did NOT see any of the Collector Minifig sets (which I was hoping to see some of and acquire same).

They had a few less of some of the above sets after I left :^)
Did you buy any of the Battle Packs? If so, is the quality up to set standards, or is it still sketchy?
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Another thing of wonder is when will the official LEGO website/Shop@Home be putting up the graphic, links and product for the Kingdoms product?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Count Blacktron wrote:Another thing of wonder is when will the official LEGO website/Shop@Home be putting up the graphic, links and product for the Kingdoms product?
This usually happens around June 1st.

Ben
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

No battlepacks at the LEGO stores here in Chicago yet. Perhaps June 1st. The release date for the entire line was supposed to be June 1st but when the shipments arrived on May 17th the LEGO company decided rather suddenly to put them out on the shelves.
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

meeeeee waaant
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

meeeeee waaant
How does this add to the conversation? Seriously? You wanting is not a large surprise...this IS a Castle site and they are Castle sets. Please refresh yourself on the TOS of this site and how to properly post in threads to further the conversation.

*mod moment over*

I have a set on its way and then I shall give my opinion of these sets. I am only in it for the figs this time.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I have to say, I feel like the sets are rather boring for the new 2010 assortment. If it were not for the minifigures, there would be little for me to cheer about. Set construction on the small to medium sets is lacking inspiration! The large Kings Castle may be nice, but I haven't gotten it yet. I hope this line makes it through three years of development like the 2007-09 Castle line did and can incorporate some better designs, parts use, and village elements. I think when I do get the complete series in hand, I will do a side by side comparison review (time willing). If it were not for the Harry Potter and Prince Of Persia castles I'd get really concerned.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
OverLoad
Steward

Post by OverLoad »

After visiting the LEGO store today, I noticed that the Battle packs WERE in stock, although when I took a closer look, it appears that they may be of poor quality plastic. The dark pearl gray looked a lot more like dark bley to me.

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I saw, it doesn't look like high quality. Not a problem for me, I only need the torsos. :wink:
Lord Insanity
Villein

Post by Lord Insanity »

I picked up a Dragon battle pack ($14.99US), the wizard ($3.99US), the jester ($3.99US), and the prison cart ($9.99US) at the local Lego store. The plastic in the battle pack as far as I can tell is identical or nearly so to the normal sets. The torso printing on the checkered shirts is slightly different. In the battle pack the light green quarter panels are almost like they were mixed with old light gray to lighten the green. The regular set fig is almost like new light gray was used the lighten the green. Just like old and new light gray bricks, depending on the lighting it goes from almost unnoticeable to sticking out like a sore thumb. Chances are it is one of those things most people wouldn't even notice unless you were looking for it. (Had I not examined the figs very closely I doubt I would have noticed.) It certainly isn't anywhere near as obvious as the random "pink because the white isn't printed thick enough" on some of the checkered lion knights pointed out earlier in the thread. Overall I highly recommend the battle pack. Dark silver is my new favorite armor/weapon color.
"A little nonsense now and then relished by the wisest men" - The real Willy Wonka
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Lord Insanity wrote:I picked up a Dragon battle pack ($14.99US), the wizard ($3.99US), the jester ($3.99US), and the prison cart ($9.99US) at the local Lego store. The plastic in the battle pack as far as I can tell is identical or nearly so to the normal sets.
Are there stamps/indents on the inside of the arms?
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Did you buy any of the Battle Packs? If so, is the quality up to set standards, or is it still sketchy?
Yes, I did buy one of each Battlepack. They have the indentation/part number/mold number on the inside of the arm. The plastic is slightly different from the plastic in the 'Regular' set line, I notice it most on the legs. The legs feel the same but just do not look quite as opaque as the non China produced sets. That being said it is *MUCH* better than the early Collector set used, some of it may be due to the color in question (gray verus red) but some of it may be better mix of plastic. Shrugs, I've decided they *DO* have acceptable quality to join my ranks and expect to purchase more of the battle packs. The printing on the checkerboard pattern on the Battlepack fig's shows white, opposed to the pinkish 'fig from the Prison Carriage Escape set... Although how pink it appears depends some on the light hitting it.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.