Who to blame for kk2...

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Formendacil wrote: Only the best, most loyal, luckiest, (handsomest), and most crazy survive the gamot to become AFOLs.
You forgot "most intelligent" :D
Lady Val
Villein

Post by Lady Val »

Emperor James wrote:
Formendacil wrote: Only the best, most loyal, luckiest, (handsomest), and most crazy survive the gamot to become AFOLs.
Also the ones who have AFOLs for parents .....or does that come under "luckiest"? :lol:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lady Val wrote:
Emperor James wrote:
Also the ones who have AFOLs for parents .....or does that come under "luckiest"? :lol:
Sorry, Emperor J, I didn't get much sleep last night (about 1/2 hour), and Lady Val, I do not have any AFOL parents, so I guess I'm jsut lucky that I survived to adulthood (okay, I'm 17, but I think that counts as adult in the Lego community. Certainly, I don't fit the 5-12 age group)
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Naah, I always thought that 5-12 limit was mumbo-jumbo:D

-JOEL-
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

On original topic, I have thought a little about the message, and it was probably posted by tlc to see if people would like bioknights. I know it wasn't an administrator, but they probably wanted it to look casual.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

I hate that forum...everytime I post something it gets deleted...so it would seem TLC pulls their ideas out of that place...I hate Redini too,he never answers my questions about how TLC is corrupt now days...
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

But we can't deny that kk2 was a logical step forwards. With the popularity of bionicle, and of LOTR, and the fact TLC lost the LOTR line to intelliblox, bionicle knights were a logical idea. My opinion is that TLC have realised the shorter attention spans of kids, but have gone the wrong way to combat it. they think (IMHO), that the juniorised sets are for 4-6 year olds, and thet teens want bionicles. I think that goes some way towards explaining all the gimmicky sets of today. You have to admit, the 80's sets are less appealing to kids than today's ones. With TLC's current financial woes, TLC's resorting to gimmicks and cheap selling points is a more logical step than marketing to AFOLS.

(OFFTOPIC:)could a helpful admin arrange another chat with Jake?