KKII: Not that Bad!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

stuifzand wrote: Barding is very nice (that's why I wanted the set), but on mine the printing is smudged
Same with mine, but I'm going to brasso it off anyway, so it didn't really bother me. When I got the BFF the yellow trimed shield was missing some printing, so I called LEGO and they sent me a new for no extra cost! And this one is in perfect condition! :D
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Sir Terrance wrote:
stuifzand wrote: Barding is very nice (that's why I wanted the set), but on mine the printing is smudged
Same with mine, but I'm going to brasso it off anyway, so it didn't really bother me. When I got the BFF the yellow trimed shield was missing some printing, so I called LEGO and they sent me a new for no extra cost! And this one is in perfect condition! :D
Yeah, tlc is really good about replacing parts :D
pwnage
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Emperor James wrote:
Sir Terrance wrote:
Yeah, tlc is really good about replacing parts :D
This is off-topic but, I got the Harry Potter Slytherin set, and Malfoy came with a messed up suit. Instead of green, it was more silver. I liked it better, and hav ekept it that way since.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Hmmm... seems like these sets are already out for some time there, does anyone know when they will come out in belguim because I need them?

All my kk2 knights except vladek will be changed to silver and gold by me, bodies and weapons included :)
thats my plan, but does it work?
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I think making LEGO pieces silver and gold are somewhat hard, and flat colors are easier. I bought some grey and dark grey Games-Workshop paints, since they are specially made for plastic miniatures. Their metallics may work as well.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I'm saving up to buy some KKii sets soon, I really like them, I can use all the knights for different things in my castle world :D

LR
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Sir Terrance wrote:I think making LEGO pieces silver and gold are somewhat hard, and flat colors are easier. I bought some grey and dark grey Games-Workshop paints, since they are specially made for plastic miniatures. Their metallics may work as well.
I don't think it is that hard, but I'll test with one armor first
this comes from Sava's site and I think he made it gold, or does it also come from a set?
I have been wrong with the black samurai armor already, I'm not taking any risks anymore ;)
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Andrew_sension
Peasant

Post by Andrew_sension »

yeah he painted it :D
"Acetominophen you see the medicine, oh girl!"
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

Sir Garth wrote:Hmmm... seems like these sets are already out for some time there, does anyone know when they will come out in belguim because I need them?
I bought the set in Oberhausen in the Legostore. Maybe Keulen isn't that far away for you?
Or just wait for another month and they'll be in stores.
Dutch catalog says the sets will be in stores in August. That means they will be in September ;-)
Maybe it's different in Belgium, I don't know.
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!