Woohoo! New better sets released!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

I still think they are going to sell each for $30 Canadian or
both for $40 Canadian , if they reach the North American market.

But that's just my opinion.

Benjamin Medinets
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I agree partially with Mr. Medinets,

I think the individual sets will be $30.00 - $40.00, but I think the combo will be $50.00 - $60.00.

Canadian pricing on S@H is about 10-15% higher than the exchange rate would be. For example a bulk pack of assprted light grey bricks is $4.99 USD, Canadian Pricing is $6.99 CAD and the current exchange rate of 1.32 make sout to about $6.58 CAD. I know my last bulk brick order was more expensive than it would have been if prices had been in USD. Since bulk brick and Legends are all I use S@H for, I didn't favor the currency change.

So back to the topic, if prices are $20.00 Euro individually, and the Euro is about 2.2 CAD Prices could be considerably higher. $45.00 CAD a piece would not surprise me. Some of the old $29.99 sets are now $34.99 on store shelves. Hopefully they don't go this route, but my hopes aren't high.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
litenDavid
Villein

Post by litenDavid »

Thanx for the heads up! This combined set will now invade my postbox in a few days. :D The price is really good (especially when compared to the other KKII price tags), kind of makes you wonder what the catch is...
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Maybe they are really in microscale:D
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

These are really good. Now, you only have to buy the small set (Vladek encounter) to get all the knights (red, black, green, blue, purple) and that's great.

The Seige Tower: Very nice. It's really sturdy and has the golden dragon headpiece. The figs are good, also, with the Shadow Knight and Vladek himself. Lots of dark red. Not much else to add!

The wall:Nice black doors, some rareish parts (black couldron, black goblets, Blue and Green knights) so that's good. The drawbridge on the srige tower lands on the correct hight for the wall. There is also a now small dish in gold. I hope to have pictures of the knights in a setting of outer space soon, as the Super Star Rangers battling 3vil agents. Well, good luck.
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

wlister wrote:So back to the topic, if prices are $20.00 Euro individually, and the Euro is about 2.2 CAD Prices could be considerably higher. $45.00 CAD a piece would not surprise me. Some of the old $29.99 sets are now $34.99 on store shelves. Hopefully they don't go this route, but my hopes aren't high.
Will
Go to http://www.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/travel/fxconvert.pl and you'll find that the C$/Euro exchange is at its worst at about 1.62, not the 2.2 you mentioned, so the C$ price for a Euro 20 set would be in the C$33 range.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

LEGO has to be solid with their pricing, so they can't change with the xchange rates. Maybe the price lego is stuck at is closer to 2.2 than 1.62?
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

footsteps wrote:
wlister wrote:So back to the topic, if prices are $20.00 Euro individually, and the Euro is about 2.2 CAD Prices could be considerably higher. $45.00 CAD a piece would not surprise me. Some of the old $29.99 sets are now $34.99 on store shelves. Hopefully they don't go this route, but my hopes aren't high.
Will
Go to http://www.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/travel/fxconvert.pl and you'll find that the C$/Euro exchange is at its worst at about 1.62, not the 2.2 you mentioned, so the C$ price for a Euro 20 set would be in the C$33 range.

Alan
That'c converting it dollar for dollar, with no change in price, but what guarantee do we have that they won't?

I hope they don't, but do they change the prices? (Changing means boosting them, of course.)
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

footsteps wrote: Go to http://www.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/travel/fxconvert.pl and you'll find that the C$/Euro exchange is at its worst at about 1.62, not the 2.2 you mentioned, so the C$ price for a Euro 20 set would be in the C$33 range.

Alan
I realize my mistake now, I was using an older conversion rate for Pound Sterling, not Euro. :oops:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

footsteps wrote:Go to http://www.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/travel/fxconvert.pl and you'll find that the C$/Euro exchange is at its worst at about 1.62, not the 2.2 you mentioned, so the C$ price for a Euro 20 set would be in the C$33 range.
Alan
Just had another thought. The prices we've seen are European prices for people in Europe. That should mean that the price already includes VAT (~25%), which is always included in retail pricing (i.e. it isn't added at the checkout**) in Europe. That opens the possibility that the C$ retail price will be even lower, as our taxes (GST 7%; ON PST 8%) aren't added until checkout time. Well, here's hoping :wink:

Alan

** I've noticed that European BL sellers advertise pre-VAT prices, probably in recognition that most buyers will be outside Europe (no VAT charged) and they want their pricing to be enticing to as many people as possible. It's probably easier to explain to European buyers the addition of VAT than to explain to non-Europeans a discount from high-ish advertised prices.
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)