Woohoo! New better sets released!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Woohoo! New better sets released!

Post by Lord Resta »

Lego shop at home has released the new KK2 (really new) sets with great deals.

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K8800&cn=192&d=7&t=3

fixed link by Lenny ;)
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

WOW, they're even better when they're on sale, and the price is'nt that hard, let's just hope they'll hit the shelves soon!

-JOEL
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

They're available everywhere except the U.S. and Canada... :cry: Even in Australia, they have them! Stupid lucky kangaroos... :D

I'm going to probably wait until they are available sepperately anyway, so I can get a ton of the siege towers :D
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Emperor James wrote:They're available everywhere except the U.S. and Canada... :cry: Even in Australia, they have them! Stupid lucky kangaroos... :D

I'm going to probably wait until they are available sepperately anyway, so I can get a ton of the siege towers :D
I know,it's not fair...T_T
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

If you read about the wall itself, it says wall talonjay. Looks like a provincial castle to me. Maybe more provincial castles will come out, that are cheaper with better design. What is $30.99 EU USD?
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

YES I was right, this is the first of the "provincial" castles were were talking about. I had assumed it was for the blue knight because of the extra Falcon sheild and the barbie blue flags, also read this:
The evil Vladek and his Shadow Knight have brought their siege wagon to the walls of Castle Talonjay. But three brave knights, Rascus, Santis, and Jayko, are there to stop his plan!
Thats from LEGO.com And if you read the book of Morcia, then you'll know Talonjay is for the blue guy.

Its a shame that the set didn't come with specialized falcon men, do we really need all those blue guys?

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Sir Terrance wrote:If you read about the wall itself, it says wall talonjay. Looks like a provincial castle to me. Maybe more provincial castles will come out, that are cheaper with better design. What is $30.99 EU USD?
You wrote this before I got my post in. I had theorized about this earlier, but no one cared.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

I have good news for the Portuguese, the kit is at 30 eur cent.
And it is as fair you dont have it as the KKII didn't came out yet (they will only go in September darn :evil: :evil: ) in Portugal, but already in internet.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Dragon Master wrote:YES I was right, this is the first of the "provincial" castles were were talking about. I had assumed it was for the blue knight because of the extra Falcon sheild and the barbie blue flags. And if you read the book of Morcia, then you'll know Talonjay is for the blue guy.
DM
What I like from the alternate models shown is the way the 'castle' has been presented as a 'gatehouse'. It looks LOTR-ish (movie version). Add walls and battlements around it and you could create a decent castle.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

I dont see why they're not avalible in the US, I would think there would be a huge market here....

dave
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

footsteps wrote:
Dragon Master wrote:YES I was right, this is the first of the "provincial" castles were were talking about. I had assumed it was for the blue knight because of the extra Falcon sheild and the barbie blue flags. And if you read the book of Morcia, then you'll know Talonjay is for the blue guy.
DM
What I like from the alternate models shown is the way the 'castle' has been presented as a 'gatehouse'. It looks LOTR-ish (movie version). Add walls and battlements around it and you could create a decent castle.

Alan
The flags will be cool in the new 'medium'' (not barbie) blue. I always liked that color (for other things than knights). I hope there are some dark red flags too.

Footsteps, you are right, the set design is really good. I think this is the best of all the sets, and even better then most of the KK1 sets. It reminds me of this one: http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=6062-1.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Duke_Dave wrote:I dont see why they're not avalible in the US, I would think there would be a huge market here....

dave
I'm sure that they will be available over here eventually. Give it a few weeks.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I did some math (and I thought school was over. :( :lol: ) and they should be about $20.00 CAD!!!! I figured this out since when you go under ship to Denmark, the Bioniknights are 80DKK, so 8 times the price CAD. I divided the other sets by 8 which were 150DKK and got $20.00 CAD, so like $15.00 USD. (Or something like that).
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Duke_Dave wrote:I dont see why they're not avalible in the US, I would think there would be a huge market here....

dave
They don't want competition with the already released KK2 probably.

Pity.

These are the best sets of the line.

Can't wait till they're available (although what with camping trips, and deposits for international trips, and car insurance, and whatnot, I may not be ABLE to buy any till Christmas. Are you listening, Mom?)
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

I don't think they'll be $20 CDN and $15 US, more
like $30 US and $45 CDN.

However, these are are better than what's out there
now.

Like what was said earlier, you probably have to give it
some time, I think the Lego Warehouse in Enfield is
still somewhat full with all the sets that just came out
in May and June.

I didn't think the sets would be out until the fall.
Hmmm....

And the reason why the Aussies got it at the same time
is because Shop@Home Australia is from the same
sales set-up as Shop@Home UK.
(as in the call centre is in London, England and the
fulfillment centre is in Denmark)

Benjamin Medinets