Border Ambush Comments

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

LEGO_KNIGHT wrote:Dragon Master wrote:
The rope bridge is most terrible. Rope is BROWN! not Green!
Vines maybe?
How many rope bridges are made out of vines? Maybe some kudzu wrapped around the rope though.
pwnage
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Or they had too few brown plastic left...
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Does it matter? The design i think looks good, but maybe the space between the steps of the bridge is a little long?

-JOEL!
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

The "ruined" aspect of the tower lent it a nice look, I pasted it on to one of my MOCs. Nice that TLC could have used a pre-fabed piece to save money, but they didn't. Added the shadow knight to my melee army, but I don't see what's so great about them. They're OK, but I wouldn't make stickers of them.

The rock was a good addition to my trebuchet ammo, and the spears, grey bricks, and scorpions in abundance were cool. I think some of the 1x1 bricks were grey 'cause TLC had some left over from "The golden Years." They didn't use them since, did they? They must have had some xtras stored in some hidden vault that they dumped in with the new Bley ones.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

Well, maybe vines are more useful than rope, especially in a jungle (currently contemplating) so I like the bridge!
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

It's quite possible that they used green ropes instead of brown because they might have more sets planned in the future that will have a use for green ropes. It's easier to manage inventory and avoid waste if the same part is used in multiple sets.

The gaps in the rope bridge are where the spikes stick through. I want to get a second copy of this set so I can build a rope bridge with less gaps in it sometime.

Again, I must mention how amazing it is that this set is built almost entirely using regular parts. Bricks, arches, slopes, and plates. The design isn't too hot, but the parts are mostly very general and re-usable. This set is NOT juniorized. Of course, there is one BURP and one flipper thing... but nothing's perfect.

The biggest problem with this set is that it sold out in about 10 days and the store has not restocked it. I have not seen Vladek Encounter either. Is KK2 actually popular? The Knight canisters all sold out even faster.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I picked it up the other day at Target for about $17. Its a decent set, not sure its quite worth $17, let alone $20.

If it goes on sale, say half off, I'll pick up a few more. I do like the numerous bricks in the set, and the brown BURP. The shadow knight helmet is pretty cool, very myrmadon-esque (to coin a new term). And the red knight is at least somewhat usable, though his sword and shield are terrible.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]