Weekly Set Re-Review: Knight's Stronghold

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Re: Weekly Set Re-Review: Knight's Stronghold

Post by DaleDVM »

This is a great set. I love all of the minifigs and they are still great today due to their generic nature. The structure was a little flimsy when it came to defense. I never liked the barred walls between the panels. An archer could just walk up and shoot anyone inside the castle? It was ok on the one side with the prison but the other side just bugged me. It probably would have looked wonky if both sides didn't match. However, I guess when your walls have windows are the bars really any worse?

I actually bought 4 of them back in the day as it was a great army builder/castle expander. With a little modding and combined with my 2 black monarch's castles the resulting fortress was huge. Although it had way too many doors at 6 and did look a little silly! But back then size was the only thing that mattered?

Figures 10/10
Structure 8/10
Parts 9/10

Overall I would rate this an 8.5 out of 10. A great classic castle set!
Vrio
Villein

Re: Weekly Set Re-Review: Knight's Stronghold

Post by Vrio »

Well Knights Stronghold was one of my favorite Lego sets, propably because of the Black Knights wich was my favorite fraction :tasty: (i can't even remember when i bought it!)
Although the building has some open holes around it, is still good looking next to other classic sets, especialy near those with black walls. It has 5 minifigures (1 fully armed on horse) and one ...meh.. catapult (it doesn't work well but is still good looking).

About me..

I used to connect it with 6085 Monarchs Castle to make it even bigger! In the end i decided to make a big wall using this as the front gate. I re-made some classic sets in black to match in colors with this wall. Here are some pics (sorry for the quality of my photos but my camera is....)
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr26 ... 010008.jpg
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr26 ... 010009.jpg

My ratings:

Figures: 8/10 (i don't like fully red color black knights!)
Structure: 9/10 (you can use it everywhere)
Playability: 10/10 (you get 2 opposing fractions for limitless battles between them!)
Parts: 8/10 (they could had put more parts to fill the open holes)

P.S. Sorry for my English :roflol: