Page 3 of 4

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:56 am
by Sir Prog
Nostalgia Factor: Classic Sword (gray short sword)

The "WOW" Moment as a child: Crossobow (dark gray)

Current: The Mace/Ball & Chain is really fun and intricate for a single piece (pewter)

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:58 am
by Lego Stu
Does the POP dagger count? I really like the two tone hilt/blade. Otherwise the black shortsword has to be my fave. I've liked to use it ever since I got it in the Blacksmith Shop. Was that over 20 years ago?

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:52 pm
by Left4bricks
My prefered weapons are classic spear (because I can make longpikes with that and i like pikemen) and the poleaxe to make some huskarls (to crush poor little vikingr).

I noticed that nobody talked about the new weapons coming with the blacksmith set of the last Kingdoms serie. Personnally, i dislike all of them excepted the little mace (which is unhapilly too little to be impressive).

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 am
by justindw
I like the old bow/ quiver the best, just cant have enough archers.

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:09 pm
by Metus
Image

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:06 am
by Kosh
Left4bricks wrote:My prefered weapons are classic spear (because I can make longpikes with that and i like pikemen) and the poleaxe to make some huskarls (to crush poor little vikingr).

I noticed that nobody talked about the new weapons coming with the blacksmith set of the last Kingdoms serie. Personnally, i dislike all of them excepted the little mace (which is unhapilly too little to be impressive).


The 'new' weapons with the Kingdoms Blacksmith are repurposed Heroica ones, I am not upset at it even though I'll never use like half of them.

Personally my favorite is the 'Classic' Minifig Sword, in the original Harder, non-springy plastic.

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:04 pm
by Formendacil
Kosh wrote:Personally my favorite is the 'Classic' Minifig Sword, in the original Harder, non-springy plastic.


While I agree that I prefer the older, ABS swords for their hardness, the new dark-pearl swords the Dragon knights use are currently winning me over as my favourite Castle sword.

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:06 am
by LordLiam98
My favorite is the bow and quiver or dagger, I love assassinating people with it or using it as an archers melee weapon, although I only have 2 :( (I want to get more)

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:21 pm
by captainamerica
I've always been fond of a solid colored lightsaber blade with a technic gear on the end: a fantastic mace!

But also fond of the shortsword, any color.

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:45 pm
by Brickninja
Definitely the new rubber tipped spear.

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:56 pm
by Jackson of Garheim
I like the new Dark Pearl Gray Ax Heads (2 of them) on top of a longer Reddish-Brown bar. It make an awesome battle ax! :D

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:29 pm
by rogue27
Normally, I would say that my favorite is the classic Shortsword, but I now prefer Shortsword with Elaborate Hilt.

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:44 pm
by Brickninja
I really dislike the new elaborate hilt shortsword. I feel it is inferior to the classic one especially in that the handles are not bars.

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:21 pm
by Jackson of Garheim
Brickninja wrote:I really dislike the new elaborate hilt shortsword. I feel it is inferior to the classic one especially in that the handles are not bars.

Why? :? The new ones are more realistic, ornate, and cool! 8)

Re: favorite castle weapon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:07 pm
by OverLoad
Updating on what 2011 me said (how the years go by), my favorite Castle weapon is the new long sword.

Although my second favorite is still the classic shortsword. Not the biggest fan of the newer shortsword, but I'll make do. :)