Lego 10223 Kingdoms Joust Exclusive

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
legosammy
Serf

Re: Lego 10223 Kingdoms Joust Exclusive

Post by legosammy »

the set is on Lego.com. all though $300 CAD for two is expensive. so i think i will stick to just one.
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

legosammy wrote:the set is on Lego.com. all though $300 CAD for two is expensive. so i think i will stick to just one.
Well I guess it is the final design.
Gatekeeper
Villein

Post by Gatekeeper »

My only real dissappointments with this set are:
1. The lack of a second Black Falcon soldier
2. The Black Falcon Knight is carrying a kite shield and not an ovoid one.

Otherwise, I'm very excited to see this set. My Black Falcon's have needed a proper leader for a long time.

Now, I'd like a proper barding for my Wolf Pack, then they can have some proper titles and stop thieving. :)
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

George Bernard Shaw
svede
Villein

Post by svede »

Gatekeeper wrote:My only real dissappointments with this set are:
1. The lack of a second Black Falcon soldier

Otherwise, I'm very excited to see this set. My Black Falcon's have needed a proper leader for a long time.

Now, I'd like a proper barding for my Wolf Pack, then they can have some proper titles and stop thieving. :)
I agree about the shield being a kite shield... I would have preferred 2 kite shields and 1 ovoid rather than 3 kite shields...

And I, too, am waiting for wolf pack barding - similar to the old wolf pack heraldry and not the KK2 wolf... :)
Gatekeeper
Villein

Post by Gatekeeper »

No one needs a KK2 wolf barding..... The thought just gave me the shivers.
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

George Bernard Shaw
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Gatekeeper wrote:My only real dissappointments with this set are:
The ovoid shield IS a kite shield.

The triangular smaller shield is called a heater shield.
Gatekeeper
Villein

Post by Gatekeeper »

I stand corrected.

However, I still think the knight should have an ovoid shield.

George Bernard Shaw
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

First of all, I've been away a couple of months and WOW, what an announcement!? :shock:

Second, is there a reason is was listed (on page one of the forum) as $119 US, and on page 5 (the LEGO link), it is listed as $150? That's quite an inflation from previous LEGO Castle sets.

How is no one noticing the severe inflation per set starting around approx Pharaoh's Quest/Toy Story 3 and leading into current highly inflated-per-piece count sets like Pirates 4, City, and now Kingdoms Joust? Just thought it was worth discussing.
For the King's Castle!
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

Sir Prog wrote: Second, is there a reason is was listed (on page one of the forum) as $119 US, and on page 5 (the LEGO link), it is listed as $150? That's quite an inflation from previous LEGO Castle sets.
That's an easy question to answer. The $150 price is not $150 US but $150 CA. The American Shop-at-Home site has the set listed as $119 US (link).
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

Handar wrote:
Sir Prog wrote: Second, is there a reason is was listed (on page one of the forum) as $119 US, and on page 5 (the LEGO link), it is listed as $150? That's quite an inflation from previous LEGO Castle sets.
That's an easy question to answer. The $150 price is not $150 US but $150 CA. The American Shop-at-Home site has the set listed as $119 US (link).
$119.99 US, just to clarify there.
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Gatekeeper wrote:I stand corrected.

No prob. I learned what the small shield was called.

:D
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Kite shields were used by cavalry in the early middle ages. Jousting didn't really emerge as a sport until the high middle ages. I am not sure if kite shields were ever really used for jousts. Once plate armor became common kite shields were given up for heater shields. Since these knights have plate armor and considering the implied era, the shields are accurate.

That being said I would have preferred one kite "oval" shield as well. Perhaps the one on the railing... :eyebrows:
svede
Villein

Post by svede »

Username wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:I stand corrected.

No prob. I learned what the small shield was called.

:D
I, too, thank you for the correction. In all honesty, I should have known as I knew both terms and have studied both, but I just wasn't thinking straight. :P
DaleDVM wrote:Kite shields were used by cavalry in the early middle ages. Jousting didn't really emerge as a sport until the high middle ages. I am not sure if kite shields were ever really used for jousts. Once plate armor became common kite shields were given up for heater shields. Since these knights have plate armor and considering the implied era, the shields are accurate.

That being said I would have preferred one kite "oval" shield as well. Perhaps the one on the railing... :eyebrows:
I generally prefer historically accurate, but my general view is that regardless of how historical, I prefer variety - especially when we are talking 3 of the same item (not that I mind numbers, however). And I also like the look of the kite shields on knights as they remind me strongly of the Normans. :)
Gatekeeper
Villein

Post by Gatekeeper »

Generally, regardless of historical accuracy, I like to have the kite/ovoid shields for my leaders/generals. They just look more impressive and leaderly?

George Bernard Shaw
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

The triangular shields are just so small. IMO a good heater shield should be taller, with about a third or half of it's height being vertical at the sides and the rest being the taper.
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]