Series 6 is in stores with some castle worthy figures.

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Re: Series 6 is in stores with some castle worthy figures.

Post by Mark of Falworth »

Handar wrote:
Mark of Falworth wrote:The poblem is... I checked at the local Walmart today. And they were NOT there!! Naturallly I was upset Because
there are no other stores that carry LEGO within an hour and a half away!!!
I was talking to someone at a local toy store about Series VI, since they didn't yet have them on the shelves. She said that while they have been released in North America, 'released' in this case only means released to official Lego stores. In other words, Lego has released them to themselves, but they will not be released to other retailers until February. (At least, that was the expected date this manager had.)

My question is this. Has anyone else yet seen these in North America in a non-Lego store?

If the answer is no, then you probably don't need to worry, Mark. Check back in February, and you may well find them.
Ohh! I thought that they would come out everywere on the 9th. Thanks! You saved me a few extra trips to Walmart. :)
Elbadar
Artisan

Post by Elbadar »

I went to the lego store and picked up 1 each of the Roman (ROMAN!) Highlander, Leprechaun, Genie, Surgeon, and Flamenco Dancer (by accident).

I was thuroughly impressed by the roman, but sadly I dont think that the currently available plumes work well on his awsome helmet. The older one with three featthers looks great, but they are becomming increasingly hard to find in my collection. I also wish that he came with a gladius like the gladiator rather than the spear, but I still love the spear and will almost undoubtedly buy more romans. I am not overly in love with the highlander fig, but his sword is quite possibly my favorite lego sword to date, and I intend to purchase a few more of the highlander to take apart and reuse. The leprechaun and genie are just fun, and I might or might not buy more of them, though if i do it will probably be the leprechaun. The surgeon is cool, but not overwhelming, and the flamenco dancer somewhat dissapointed me.

I still need the statue of liberty and the minotaur to complete my wishlist (plus a dozen romans :spin: ), and i dont intend to let them get away like the spartan did!
Back to the front!
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

There are some reports over on Brickset that folks are finding Series 6 at Fred Meyers and Targets in various parts of the country.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
Mudpuppy
Apprentice

Post by Mudpuppy »

Hey guys, how can a person check a package while it's sealed to KNOW what is in it?

I see people selling sealed packages knowing what's inside and I'm really curious how they can do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jnicely1
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

There are two basic ways of figuring out what is inside.

The first is to simply try to feel the shape of the bricks through the plastic. It's easier than it sounds, and all of them have at least one unique piece that will identify them. I identified every fig in a full box (60) in about 20 minutes.

The second way is to look at the dotcodes. On the back bottom of every bag there is a pattern of small "dimples" unique to each fig that (I assume) is used during the production and packaging process. You can find cheatsheets for these codes online, but with the newer series it appears there are multiple codes for each fig.

I prefer to do it by touch, once you get the hang of it it's pretty fast.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

wobnam wrote:I prefer to do it by touch, once you get the hang of it it's pretty fast.
That's how I do it too. So far, I've only tried it with Vikings but I guess the others should be just as easy.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
Mudpuppy
Apprentice

Post by Mudpuppy »

Some people talk about having X-ray machines. Where would I be able to find a small package xray for home use? I did a quick search and the only thing I see are industrial medical machines... far too big (and pricey) for home use. Anyone have a lead?

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Mudpuppy wrote:Some people talk about having X-ray machines. Where would I be able to find a small package xray for home use? I did a quick search and the only thing I see are industrial medical machines... far too big (and pricey) for home use. Anyone have a lead?
That sounds like overkill.

My recommendation is to actually try some touch-based diagnosis before you go looking for a magic fix. Back when they still had barcodes, I had a cheat-sheet ready in case I ever came across any figs, but the first time I did they'd moved on to the dots, and I was caught off-guard when I found them randomly in a store.

The trick is to try a few out and figure out what pieces are in the package. For example, with Series Five, if you found a fig with legs that didn't bend (you'd also be able to tell that they were shorter), you'd know it was the Dwarf. Feel around a bit more and you'd find the shield (the roundness with the handle on the back are distinctive) and the shaft of his axe. You'd recognise Cleopatra right away from the slope-piece dress, which is *very* easy to find (the Geisha in Series 3 was the same). In the same manner, the Buckingham Palace guard is instantly identifiable from his hat.

That's just Series 5, and that's just the figs that I've gone after--and this is *without* having had a picture of the whole series. Take a picture along, so that you remember what all the accessories and headgear pieces are, and you should be fine. At the very least, I imagine getting a few extra mistakes (assuming you make any--like Wobnam, I've been completely successful) would be far cheaper than a "portable X-ray machine" (to be honest, I have never heard of such things and have no idea what they would cost) and, hey, it's a little bit more LEGO.
Mudpuppy
Apprentice

Post by Mudpuppy »

Well, I should clarify... I have a few hundred collectable figs from all the series. I'm well aquainted with the "touch" method. I didn't even realize there was a cheat sheet for earlier series. But a guy does get a little tired of standing in the TRU aisle for an hour gratuitously feeling up little baggies while disgusted soccer moms walk by giving dirty looks while hurredly pushing their kids away from you. :)

If there was a cheap xray solution, I'd be interested. As it is, I've got a number of repeats that just don't sell well (c'mon, I like all the same ones everyone else does!).

Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

Went to Toys R Us here in AZ and they had TONS of series 5 NO Series 6 yet. Really want the Highlander swoards
Left4bricks
Peasant

Post by Left4bricks »

Everyone seem interested by the Highlander. And for sure it's a great minifig, particularly the sword which is a completely new one (and more authentic than the ancient ones). It's the time to have a Scottish faction, and the interesting fact is that, in serie 7, there's a Bagpiper to mix with the Highlander.
Uthered
Serf

Post by Uthered »

I am very excited about the historical figs as everyone else is.. haha I was curious if anyone had been able to find any series 5 on clearance? Last week my walmart was clearing them out and I was able to pick them up for 10 cents each. It was a very exciting day.
mencot
Twifealdlic Builder

Post by mencot »

Uthered wrote:I am very excited about the historical figs as everyone else is.. haha I was curious if anyone had been able to find any series 5 on clearance? Last week my walmart was clearing them out and I was able to pick them up for 10 cents each. It was a very exciting day.
Whaat :o 10 cents thats crazy... I have seen series 5 still here in stores but one could just dream that they would be on any sale
Sir Mencot Paladin and rogue
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/citizen3.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8244/8487960182_6a051704d4_t.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/8636932919_7220cc2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/mencot]Flickr[/url]
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

Uthered wrote:I am very excited about the historical figs as everyone else is.. haha I was curious if anyone had been able to find any series 5 on clearance? Last week my walmart was clearing them out and I was able to pick them up for 10 cents each. It was a very exciting day.
WHAT!! :twitch: Wow! I'm going to keep an eye on the walmart clearance section!! :D
Uthered
Serf

Post by Uthered »

Yeah.. it was an incredible moment.. :D I hope you find some :)