Series 6 is in stores with some castle worthy figures.

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Re: Series 6 is in stores with some castle worthy figures.

Post by DaleDVM »

Mudpuppy as a medical professional with an x-ray machine, I can guarantee there is absolutely no cheap x-ray option. You also have to have a license to purchase and operate an x-ray machine. Also note it would be illegal to use such a device in a public setting like a store. Irradiating innocent shoppers so you can get the figs you want is not exactly a method I would encourage. Finally you would likely overexpose yourself to radiation over time and increase your chances of getting your own health problem.

The dots on the back of the package are by far the fastest way to find what you want. You do have to have good lighting and good eyesight for this to work. I went and spent 1.5 hours at 1 LEGO store. First I go through by feel and find one of each of the 16 different figures. When I find a fig I write its name on the package and highlight the bumps with a Sharpee. Then I can compare packages to the ones I've already confirmed and don't need to feel any that have matching bump patterns. Once you have all 16 then you just go through the packages and find the ones with matching bumps that you want multiples of. My first trip I scored 21 highlanders, 15 minotaurs, and 11 romans plus one of every other type with 0 mistakes made. I then take the 16 packages with the dots and names punch a hole in them and carry them on a keyring with me to the store. This way each trip after the 1st is really quick and I can also help other people find what they want.

This will be by far the most expensive series for me to collect. With 3 different figures to army collect it is really gonna hurt my wallet. It may almost be merciful that I don't have a new wave of Kingdoms sets to purchase as well.

I will add the minotaurs to the mummy and annubis army from pharoahs quest. The minotaur has a nice dark blue and gold pattern on the legs that matches the colors from the mummies very well. The blue and gold serpent from ninjago will be the sorcerer that rules that faction.

My highlanders will have their own faction. I can't wait for a couple of bagpipers to lead them. It will look great!

The romans will not make it into my castle world but I'm collecting them anyway since they are awesome. I think the roman shield is a little too small unfortunatlely. I would never rule out a Hadrian's wall MOC with them vs the highlanders either.
Elbadar
Artisan

Post by Elbadar »

I'm perfectly content to feel the packages, and so far I've only missed twice since I started collecting (although I've purposely surprized myself a couple times too 8) ). Honestly I think it's kind of a fun game trying to figure the figs out by touch, adds to my excitement when I finally find a Roman.
Back to the front!
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

Curses. After hearing you guys talk about these guys and looking at some pictures I HAVE TO HAVE THESE. I had hoped to avoid getting caught up in this Collectable Minifig madness (though I have bought some, but I thought I was done for good), but there's no going back now...thanks a lot.
DaleDVM wrote:The dots on the back of the package are by far the fastest way to find what you want. You do have to have good lighting and good eyesight for this to work. and spent 1.5 hours at 1 LEGO store. First I go through by feel and find one of each of the 16 different figures. When I find a fig I write its name on the package and highlight the bumps with a Sharpee. Then I can compare packages to the ones I've already confirmed and don't need to feel any that have matching bump patterns. Once you have all 16 then you just go through the packages and find the ones with matching bumps that you want multiples of. My first trip I scored 21 highlanders, 15 minotaurs, and 11 romans plus one of every other type with 0 mistakes made. I then take the 16 packages with the dots and names punch a hole in them and carry them on a keyring with me to the store. This way each trip after the 1st is really quick and I can also help other people find what they want.
That's a good system, and I'm so jealous of all those figs that you got!

EDIT:I stopped by my local Lego store yesterday to get some of these, but they were sold out. I did go to Barnes and Noble to spend the last bit of a gift card and came home with three gladiators (!), so it wasn't a total loss.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

Series VI has started to show up in Toys R Us in Canada now, or at least in this part of Canada. By feel, I've picked up enough minotaurs and highlanders to satisfy my desires, as well as two genii and a leprechaun. I'm even more excited now that I've also found four Romans. I'm looking to pick up more in the future, but it's a good start.

On opening the packages this morning, I was quite pleasantly surprised to find that the Romans' helmets have a hole for a plume! I went back through this thread and found only one other post mentioning this, and I'm wondering why there hasn't been more discussion about this. Personally, I'm a fan of how the current triple feather plume looks in the helmet. Sadly, this has just made me want to collect even more of the Romans. Looks like my productivity in the near future is going to nose-dive.

Happy hunting to all who are still looking for those that they want.
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

The Genies lamp also has a hole in the spout for a plume. If you put one of the new white plumes in there it can pass as smoke.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

dyntar wrote:The Genies lamp also has a hole in the spout for a plume. If you put one of the new white plumes in there it can pass as smoke.
Cool! That's a pleasant surprise.
Life_Unscripted
Laborer

Post by Life_Unscripted »

Found series 6 at a Toys R Us above Atlanta Ga, and a local Walmart. Not all the Walmarts had them, only one I found (And by accident I may add). Target also didnt have them. I scored 11 highlanders and 4 romans and a whole bunch of random others. I reasoned to myself I would sell the overages to make money (Haha..yeah right...)
OverLoad
Steward

Post by OverLoad »

I found some series 6 at my local TRU. I came unprepared, as I normally do when shopping, and tried to use the feel method. I was successful in getting 1 highlander, but the rest were surprises for me. A leprechaun, a bandit, the sleepyhead, and the mechanic. Not exactly the best of the best, but I enjoy the leprechaun's pot, and it looks like it's compatible with 2011's bucket handle, so that seems to add some variety to my buckets. :)
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

OverLoad wrote:I found some series 6 at my local TRU. I came unprepared, as I normally do when shopping, and tried to use the feel method. I was successful in getting 1 highlander, but the rest were surprises for me. A leprechaun, a bandit, the sleepyhead, and the mechanic. Not exactly the best of the best, but I enjoy the leprechaun's pot, and it looks like it's compatible with 2011's bucket handle, so that seems to add some variety to my buckets. :)
I am feeling a bit gypped from not getting a handle for the bucket. I opened it in the car, and was scared I somehow dropped the tiny thing, and so was very relieved when I got home and checked and saw it didn't come with one. And disappointed, as well.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

How long will this series run? I need to get on the ball, I've only got one Highlander!
OverLoad
Steward

Post by OverLoad »

Kev wrote:
OverLoad wrote:I found some series 6 at my local TRU. I came unprepared, as I normally do when shopping, and tried to use the feel method. I was successful in getting 1 highlander, but the rest were surprises for me. A leprechaun, a bandit, the sleepyhead, and the mechanic. Not exactly the best of the best, but I enjoy the leprechaun's pot, and it looks like it's compatible with 2011's bucket handle, so that seems to add some variety to my buckets. :)
I am feeling a bit gypped from not getting a handle for the bucket. I opened it in the car, and was scared I somehow dropped the tiny thing, and so was very relieved when I got home and checked and saw it didn't come with one. And disappointed, as well.
I went through the exact same process, right down to opening it in the car. :lol: I was a tad disappointed as well, but since most sets that include the bucket have extra handles, I'm sure I could find a spare. I do appreciate the gold 1x1s, which I will always use as coins over standard coin pieces (although I don't mind having quite a few of them. :))
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Knight Man
Journeyman

Post by Knight Man »

After feeling 47 bags from Series 5 to get a Dwarf (along the way I found 2 Gangsters and at 45 I found the first Egyptian Princess). I moved to Series 6 and the second bag I felt was a Highlander and the third bag I felt was Intergalactic Girl. So now I need the Cowboy and 5 others for presents. Actually its sorta fun feeling 55 little bags for a hour lol :D . ~KnightMan~
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8475/8406300705_86b2d80f86_m.jpg[/img] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/76575933@N02/]My Flickr[/url] [url=https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-The_Creator]My sets[/url]
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

Troy T. Moore wrote:I am aiming for 10 Romans. They are just going to be too expensive to justify more for myself. They are not available in stores here (none of the series have been) and so i am left with BrickLink as an option. I have ordered a few already.

The Romans are also pre-medieval which doesn't interest me as much. However the "coolness" of Romans makes it too hard to pass up getting some of them.
Yeah but you can use their torsos like chainmail
biglesdug
Serf

Post by biglesdug »

My local Walmart just got series 6 in. I won't mind the highlander or roman soldiers but couldn't seem to feel what I was looking for.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Yes, the Highlander is most valuable for his sword and generic shield. I could care less about the figure. :P
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!