Series 6 is in stores with some castle worthy figures.

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Re: Series 6 is in stores with some castle worthy figures.

Post by richardanthonyc »

It would be beyond epic.... but where would you fit them all?

scratch that, you would find somewhere and they would look awesome. Price though is the killer
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
Gothano
Villein

Post by Gothano »

I prefer not to buy to much minifigures of the same sort, because I like it realistic and I got not enough space in my scenery to built a castle or a house for them, give them wives, children and a realistic story. So most of them become a maverick on a journy through my castle land or something like that.

So I would be happy if TLG would launch a Rome or Highlander them with buildings, wives and staff around soon... :eyebrows:
It's a new toy every day (com. slogan 1988)

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gothano76/]flickr.com/photos/gothano76[/url]
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Yes Richard I would find room for them. I would let them sleep in my bed if I had to. I could take the couch. :wink: They would sit in my garage with my castle figs. The car gets the driveway. However, a legion would immediately double my minifig numbers and it would be a bit crowded.

I finally found series 6 in Target and Toys R Us stores. 3 toys r us, 5 targets, 1 lego store, and about 6 1/2 hours and I was able to pick up another 38 Romans today. It looks like my centuria will be a reality. I only have a few more figs to go. Then I will have 80 legionnaires and a few leaders. How I wish I could have just called TLC and ordered these guys.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Sheeesh! No wonder I can never find any Romans! You know, with that much running around, once you figure the cost of gas and the time spent searching/driving, you probably are better off just to buy them on BrickLink, lol.

EDIT: Never mind! They're going for close to $10 each on BL if you are looking to buy more than 1 or 2. Yikes! :shock:
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Pedro Ivo
Apprentice

Post by Pedro Ivo »

Last weekend I went to a toy store here in my city I found a brand new Series 6 box. I spent some time and got 4 highlanders and 2 romans! I think there aren't so many romans in each box :(

But here the minifigs are a bit expensive, it's about USD 6 each one (we have a lot of importation taxes), so I couldn't buy so many :(
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

AK_Brickster wrote:Sheeesh! No wonder I can never find any Romans! You know, with that much running around, once you figure the cost of gas and the time spent searching/driving, you probably are better off just to buy them on BrickLink, lol.

EDIT: Never mind! They're going for close to $10 each on BL if you are looking to buy more than 1 or 2. Yikes! :shock:
I agree wholeheartedly. If I could have bought these for even $5.00 a piece I would have just ordered them. The time and hassle is a pain but when shipping is included the figs on Bricklink come out over $10.00 each. This is especially true if you want to buy a large number at the same time. Only a couple of sellers in the world can pull that off.

I just wish TLG would give us a break and put atleast 5 of the army building figs in each case. 3 is an insult to collectors and a boon for resellers!
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

They limit the number of army builders per box to boost sales. People may have to grab several bags before they get the one they want.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I don't know what the percentage of sales of these collectable figs go to AFOLs/TFOLs, but we certainly are smart enough to be able to feel for what we want, so in my opinion, they're actually hurting sales by the fact that there never are enough of the figs we want available. To a toy department manager, why would he order/put out more boxes of minifigs when there are 3 almost full cases of them out already. He doesn't necessarily know that all of the good figs have been picked out already.

If TLG made them more readily available, either by putting more of the army-builders in a box, or by letting us order specific figs online, I think they could really boost sales. Think about it, how many times have you been 'hunting' for a fig, only to come across 3 dozen statue of liberties (or dance instructors, etc).

I think the marketing/availability problem has been discussed at length before elsewhere though, so I digress :)

I'll also be picking up some viking women, both to add another female to the fold, and for some of those swords and shields!
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

I see your point, even though only a fraction of these guys go to people who know what they're doing when it comes to feeling the bags. I can't see TLG selling specific minifigs because that would defeat the whole point of it being a mystery.However, it wouldn't be hard for them to up the production of certain figures in a future series. Maybe we could write a very persuasive email to them, explaining that their sales would go up, and all of us FOLs would be very excited. It would certainly make things easier on us. I think we've all spent too much time feeling bags at Target.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I think that someone has probably brought it up to them already. Maybe we can start an official petition though. I'm pretty sure that I can get everyone from my LUG to endorse such a letter, haha.

Back to the S7 figs, from the picture, it almost looks like the viking woman torso doesn't really have any features that make it specifically feminine. I wonder if it's androgynous enough to work for male figures as well. What do you think?
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

It looks feminine to me. She has that blacked out part of the torso to show that she has a curvy body, and I think that Viking men wore only one brooch, though I could be wrong on that last bit.
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

Medieval Guy wrote:It looks feminine to me. She has that blacked out part of the torso to show that she has a curvy body, and I think that Viking men wore only one brooch, though I could be wrong on that last bit.
It bugs me that TLG have started doing that. 1. Because it implies that all women have these curvy figures (if its's an attempt to be 'realistic' then maybe they should just remake the whole fig into a 'mini-doll' or something... :p) 2. Because it means you can't swap the torsos around.

Before the days ofdetailed torso printing a minifigs gender was defined by it's hair, I never used to think "I wish this fig had more curves" especially when it would then reduce the opportunities to switch the parts around.
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I see I started quite a discussion on minifig distribution in the cases. Obviously I am not the only one that this bothers. I agree that scarcity does not increase overall sales. I think in the long run it is frustrating to casual buyers. They are never able to get the elf, spartan, roman, etc. no matter how many figs they buy. I know for a fact it is very hard to get the army building figs, I hear parents complain about how they can never find them. There are enough collectors and resellers in a big city like Chicago to pick over most of the stores in the area. If the army figs were plentiful the resellers wouldn't even spend the time to look for them. However, when they can triple their money they are always going to pick them out and leave casual collectors in the dark.

Otherwise this is a series 6 discussion thread. Discussion of the Opera Viking woman should probably be taken over to that thread to give series 7 its due respect. :eyebrows:
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

andhe wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:It looks feminine to me. She has that blacked out part of the torso to show that she has a curvy body, and I think that Viking men wore only one brooch, though I could be wrong on that last bit.
It bugs me that TLG have started doing that. 1. Because it implies that all women have these curvy figures (if its's an attempt to be 'realistic' then maybe they should just remake the whole fig into a 'mini-doll' or something... :p) 2. Because it means you can't swap the torsos around.

Before the days ofdetailed torso printing a minifigs gender was defined by it's hair, I never used to think "I wish this fig had more curves" especially when it would then reduce the opportunities to switch the parts around.
Right, 1990 was yesterday....

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=cas319

Granted it was white on that 'fig and not black but they've been doing the 'curves' for decades now.....
It may not have been as COMMON as in the CMF series but it's FAR from a new practice, I don't mind the practice of adding the 'curves' to a female 'fig torso print, it adds variety, I personally do not wish to have a single gender in my LEGOland's...... Just saying.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
WvdP
Villein

Post by WvdP »

TLC already made them in the eighties: Image

(1989) :lol:
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/peasant4.jpg[/img]
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. (Gen. Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett)