Series 6 is in stores with some castle worthy figures.

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
OverLoad
Steward

Re: Series 6 is in stores with some castle worthy figures.

Post by OverLoad »

AK_Brickster wrote:Yes, the Highlander is most valuable for his sword and generic shield. I could care less about the figure. :P
While I purchased the Highlander (or rather, got lucky grabbing one) for the sword & Viking-esque shield, I found that the torso can look pretty good with sleeves attached. In it's standard, sleeveless form as part of the Highlander figure, it looked far too barbaric IMO.

But the face is a generic angry stubble inflicted face. Not like I don't have a ton of those similar to it already. :roll:
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Sir Bragallot
Artisan

Post by Sir Bragallot »

The Highlander and Minotaur look great, I certainly could use a few of those. Unfortunately they're pretty expensive and I usually prefer to just build my own minifigs. I might still pick up one or two if I get the chance, I'm dreading getting one of those other figs though, nothing too interesting there as far as I can see.
[url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21682]Enter the World of Westeron[/url]
mencot
Twifealdlic Builder

Post by mencot »

I agree too the highlander and the minotaur is what to look for. But I have one highlander on the shelf and others I have they are parts on sale because for the sword and the shield are what I want.
Sir Mencot Paladin and rogue
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/citizen3.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8244/8487960182_6a051704d4_t.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/8636932919_7220cc2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/mencot]Flickr[/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

The Highlander sword and shield appear to be in all of the Lord Of The Rings sets due out this Summer.

Personally, I'm on for the Roman Legionaire. Only have 36 so far.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

Count Blacktron wrote: Personally, I'm on for the Roman Legionaire. Only have 36 so far.
I have two, and I got them both yesterday. They look nice, but I actually think that the Highlander is better. He's more original, and the whole fig design is just more appealing to me. I have five of them.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

36 Romans is pretty impressive. I've only got 30 so far. As far as romans go I would love to have 80 to make up a centuria but I just don't think I will get there without a bricklink order.

I nabbed my 27 highlanders I wanted. I also picked up 45 minotaurs of the 54 I want. So many trips to the LEGO stores. I think the gas cost is almost as much as the minifigs...
TeufelHund
Villein

Post by TeufelHund »

DaleDVM wrote:36 Romans is pretty impressive. I've only got 30 so far. As far as romans go I would love to have 80 to make up a centuria but I just don't think I will get there without a bricklink order.
Gee that's impressive - I was pretty full of myself yesterday when I got one just through the touch method (the long spear is a giveaway).

I have to say it is a beautiful figure, especially standing next to the series 5 Gladiator. I hope the popularity of these figures leads Lego to release an "Ancients" line at some stage.

One issue with the collectible figures though seems to be a general lack of backprinting whereas it is pretty much the norm in standard sets now (although leg printing seems to be almost standard with the collectible line). The legionaire would look even better with a curiass that goes all the way around, for instance.
domboy
Freeman

Post by domboy »

I ran across these on the Lego isle at Target (I've also seen them at Walmart as of yesterday) while bumming around waiting for the pharmacy to fill a prescription and though what the heck, I wouldn't mind having a Minotaur. Found one after the 3rd bag using the feel method. Couldn't believe I found it that fast... that head pieces is very obvious. I have no idea if there is a cheat sheet for this series or not, but I haven't had much luck with cheat sheets in the past... found the mummy that way, but the Elf, the Dwarf, the Palace Guard, and now the Minotaur were all found by feeling the pieces. I had originally gone looking for the Elf with the cheat sheet but couldn't see the dots well enough to figure it out. Out of desperation I started feeling the bags and it turned out to be much easier than I had expected. Maybe I'm lucky that the few collectible minifigs I've wanted contained pieces that really stick out. (I've tried to not get into these as much as possible but there have been a few figs I just had to have one of.)
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Went through my local target today, and felt through all of the bags. I'm not really in for getting too many multiples of figs, but I got a few each of the Highlander and Roman. I also got a Sleepy Head, just to have his hair piece. I think it is the perfect "hero hair". It is probably my favorite miniwig that I have.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
Elbadar
Artisan

Post by Elbadar »

Dang some people have allot of romans. I have been trying to get 10 of them since the series came out, but frankly every lego store, target, and walmart I've visited have only had one or two (assuming I was correct when I used the feel method on every fig in the display, and I think I was). In all I only have five so far, but I still have hope for one lucky trip where I find another five before the series ends.

Also, has anyone checked store clearances for series 5 figs? I happened across a walmart with at least 150 series 5 figs in the back corner of the store. I wouldn't have bought any, but I happened to feel one for the heck of it and found a gladiator my first try :D
Back to the front!
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Post by richardanthonyc »

The Highlander is awesome and easy to identify in his pack too. I only have 12 so far but I want to build a large band of them
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

The stardard series 6 assortment box has only 3 Romans, while the sidecap display you find in many Walmart stores has 5 Romans. The better bet is the Walmart chain, as long as they restock. As long as they go on until May, I might just get to 80 myself, unless I get tired of them :wink:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I got another 10 romans and finished off my minotaur collection at 54. I am at 40 romans now. My biggest problem is that I can only find the series at LEGO stores and they tend to be picked through so I only get a few at each store I go to. I truly wish I could find these figs at walmart or Target here in Chicagoland but I never have. I will have to wait a week or two before i return to the lego stores so they restock the shelves. Unless they run out of series 6 figs again like they did a few weeks ago.

At one store today I found out that the dots on the Romans had changed completely. However, once I identified the new pattern it was consistent throughout the store. Another LEGO store had figs with the old dot pattern. The LEGO company is trying to make this harder on us... I feel I am up to the challenge. I am still hoping to get to my 80.

It would be awesome to get 6 people each with a Centuria together at a convention. They could then assemble a cohort. Getting enough people to assemble a legion would be epic!
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Post by richardanthonyc »

DaleDVM wrote:I got another 10 romans and finished off my minotaur collection at 54. I am at 40 romans now. My biggest problem is that I can only find the series at LEGO stores and they tend to be picked through so I only get a few at each store I go to. I truly wish I could find these figs at walmart or Target here in Chicagoland but I never have. I will have to wait a week or two before i return to the lego stores so they restock the shelves. Unless they run out of series 6 figs again like they did a few weeks ago.

At one store today I found out that the dots on the Romans had changed completely. However, once I identified the new pattern it was consistent throughout the store. Another LEGO store had figs with the old dot pattern. The LEGO company is trying to make this harder on us... I feel I am up to the challenge. I am still hoping to get to my 80.

It would be awesome to get 6 people each with a Centuria together at a convention. They could then assemble a cohort. Getting enough people to assemble a legion would be epic!

So you would liek 5,000 romans eh? :lol:
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Richard, you have to admit it would look epic spread out over some very nice hilly terrain. Throw in 8,000 gauls, celts, goths, whichever and I could look at it for days... The cost? A mere 15 to 20 thousand for the Roman Legion.

To be honest, if I was able to get these figs in a battle pack and not have to search for the Megablocks things I would assemble a cohort by myself. It is not the cost but the time it takes to find the figs at a reasonable price. No... I don't think $12 USD on bricklink is reasonable. :roll: