LotR sets revealed!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: LotR sets revealed!

Post by AK_Brickster »

Aww crap... they are out already?? I don't know if I've got enough saved in my Lego budget for these yet!

I'm going to do the LUG showcase display for next month though, so maybe I can score a few sets with my 30% off if they have them in-stock at the time :twisted:
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

Holy heck they are more expensive than I expected and I expected them to be expensive. $17 for an 83 part set? I'll probablly just get sets with orcs/goblins ect. and I will probablly limit the number of sets I get.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

AK_Brickster wrote:Aww crap... they are out already?? I don't know if I've got enough saved in my Lego budget for these yet!
What do you mean out? There's no way they can be out yet! Lego.com doesn't even have the sets listed.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Toys R Us has some of the sets for sale on their website here.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

OUCH! Can you say "that better be the typical TRU mark up on those sets" or holy monkeys...those are wicked expensive.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

That's what I'm kind of thinking, Blue. TRU usually adds a couple of bucks of markup to their LEGO sets, so I'm hoping that's the case here as well. Otherwise, I may have to rethink my initial purchase plans...
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
gedren_y
Freeman

Post by gedren_y »

The prices are not much more than the Pirates of the Caribbean of similar size. Perhaps the liscencing agreement requires a slightly higher cost.
krzyzak
Foot Soldier

Post by krzyzak »

Aw, man. Those are so expensive. I was actually close to thinking I would get most of them this summer.
You've got to ask yourself one question,"Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img]
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

bronx wrote:
DaleDVM wrote:Target and $39.95 USD is the word on the Orc Forge.

I will buy one... but at that price and only 4 figs, I can do without multiples. The printed armor is incredible and I like the olive cheese slopes. The rest of the parts are useful but easily obtained so I can't justify the price for this set. I may try to pick up extra armor on bricklink. My guess would be the armor is going to sell at a premium! If the price is different I may rethink the value of the Orc Forge.
Sadly, that price (as disagreeable as I may find it) seems in accordance with the several others sets that went up on Toys 'R Us that I noticed yesterday given its piece count.

They're already sold out, but here is a link for those interested: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp ... 54197&sr=1

Like you, though, I will be skipping out on multiples of this set, especially if the Uruk-Hai Army set price of $34.99 USD becomes the standard for all retailers. That's my bread and butter set.
DaleDVM wrote: I am really disappointed that there is no standard of any kind with a white hand on it in this wave of sets. A large Uruk army without any standards is going to look blah... I hope they still release one but most of the large uruk army scenes have already been represented in the current wave of sets.
While I'd like more armors and shields with the hand print on it, I don't think it will be too bad considering the group will already consist of Uruk-Hai, and two different colored Orcs.

I'm not sure that they're sold out. I think it's more likely that they just put these listings up in anticipation of the arrival of the actual sets in a few weeks. Do we know anyone that has actually ordered and received these yet?

If you can't buy them on ebay then thay're not actually out!
Owen S.
Freeman

Post by Owen S. »

As an avid orc army builder, I am definitely getting the Orc Forge and the Uruk Army. Too bad that will probably be the extent of my spending. :/
*Clever Signature*
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Those prices are marked up by Toys R Us. Just wait until the prices come out on LEGO.com before we get all panicky.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

But guys, as a person who only had TRU for an option for new sets for a long time, I can tell you that TRU comes out with them online at the right price for at least the first few days. Or they have in the past. Some of these sets are fig intense, so yeah I could believe those would be accurate prices. Maybe not for the smallest one, but who knows right now. I can say that to me...these are so expensive that I can't even think of them like a parts pack. Ouch. It's all about clearance for me now...whenever that will be.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

You all need to lay off the mead when reading the Internets. Are you all aware that The LEGO Batcave set is marked $20 USD higher at Toys R Us than all other retail chains stocking it right now? And considering that my checkcard and gift cards all are either Visa or Mastercard, how is it possible that people are unable to shop LEGO.Com? Ease off them mouse-clickers folks. :sly:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

how is it possible that people are unable to shop LEGO.Com? Ease off them mouse-clickers folks.
1) Live in a rural area with only extremely limited stores
2) have to travel to get to a TRU
3) how about not wanting to pay for shipping?
4) AND...there is a thing called the evilness of credit cards and their interest..when good old CASH works...
5) AND TRU.com takes PAYPAL..where www.lego.com does not..aka CASH

Now that being said...doesn't really matter if TRU has these marked up their regular mark up...it still puts that smallest set at over $10...for yet another wizard...
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

Doesn't TRU regularly do BOGO's on Lego sets? And Lego.com does free shippings regularly as well. And these will be cheaper at walmart, and there's like 10 Walmarts for every TRU out there, especially in rural areas.

edit: Okay, I just read on anothEr site that people were actually claiming to have actually ordered some sets from the TRU site that were listed as "in stock" and "shipping". So I guess in a few days we'll see if they're actually out.