LotR sets revealed!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
krzyzak
Foot Soldier

Re: LotR sets revealed!

Post by krzyzak »

Target usually has tons of poly bags. I don't guarantee that they have Lord of the Rings ( last time I went there Star Wars was the biggest chunk of the poly bags), but you never know.
You've got to ask yourself one question,"Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img]
Sniezka
Serf

Post by Sniezka »

Target DOES have a good selection of poly bags but I don't know if any Lord of the Rings ones are in stock yet.
Courage is not always fighting .
mencot
Twifealdlic Builder

Post by mencot »

Cool polybags :D
One question, can you guys in the US buy those separately or do you get one free if you buy a set?
Sir Mencot Paladin and rogue
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/citizen3.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8244/8487960182_6a051704d4_t.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/8636932919_7220cc2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/mencot]Flickr[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I haven't seen them anywhere yet. For sale, for free, or otherwise :P
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Teherean
Steward

Post by Teherean »

Don't know if I am allowed to say it, or if it's been said already, but a friend of mine who works local toy store told me, with permission of his boss, that the European release date for the LotR sets to be mid-august.
AFOL, Brony, Yeah... I am a child at heart!

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... nfald2.jpg[/img]
KumpelKante
Geoffrey of Monmouth

Post by KumpelKante »

Dunno how many people asked for the european release date of the LOTR-sets. In the city, where i live, there is one shop selling those sets (and monster fighters as well) and i got another for birthday, so there are at least two shops selling those sets in germany.

So i suppose there are several shops in germany (an i think in the rest of europe as well) selling those sets, no matter what date the cataloges give.

Btw i got both 2010 and 2011 wave of kingdoms one or two month before the official release date just by using google.

Regarding the sets themselves: i got the uruk-hai-army and gandalf. The latter is tiny bit more complex than the usual cart, so there is a bit more to it, than is shown on the box (if you look at the parts inventory). The army-set on the other hand is basically just a gray wall, but i love the orcs and their accessories. If it hadn't been discounted it would have been a expensive parts-pack.

The best thing of LOTR is clearly the new horse design, an i see some good uses for the new rear up function. (but ill save it for CCCX)
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

Anybody having quality issues on the bricks in the LotR sets so far? I know there's reporting of minifig issues, but just wanted to see if the quality of the bricks are also impacted....
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

SevFalcon wrote:Anybody having quality issues on the bricks in the LotR sets so far? I know there's reporting of minifig issues, but just wanted to see if the quality of the bricks are also impacted....
I have two LotR sets--Attack on Weathertop and Uruk-hai Army--and regarding both of them I have no quality complaints. And that goes for both the bricks and the minifigs.

I mean, we'll see how they wear over time, but there were not printing issues, no cracked bricks, no obviously inferior plastic.
athronieth
Laborer

Post by athronieth »

Formendacil wrote:
SevFalcon wrote:Anybody having quality issues on the bricks in the LotR sets so far? I know there's reporting of minifig issues, but just wanted to see if the quality of the bricks are also impacted....
I have two LotR sets--Attack on Weathertop and Uruk-hai Army--and regarding both of them I have no quality complaints. And that goes for both the bricks and the minifigs.

I mean, we'll see how they wear over time, but there were not printing issues, no cracked bricks, no obviously inferior plastic.
Ditto Formendacil's comments. About a month ago at the Mall of America legostore I bought Uruk Hai Army, Mines of Moria and Helm's deep. All minifigs and bricks in excellent condition.
Quelta the Emerald Isle [url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=athronieth[/url]
Muskey15
Journeyman

Post by Muskey15 »

I bought both Attack on Weathertop and Uruk-Hai Army. The Weathertop set had a black 1x2 brick that had a warped sort of hole in it, but otherwise the two sets are perfect.
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Formendacil wrote:

I agree. I bought and built the Orc Forge and Gandalf Arrives, and I didn't have any quality concerns. I'm normally quite picky about these things.

However, the first thing I did when I opened the forge was shine the light-up brick right in my face (do NOT do this!), so maybe I was still partially blinded and missed obvious flaws.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

I've found a quality issue with all the Gandalf arrives sets I've opened. 7 sets so far.. When you put the horse together you get a 1x2 brick and a 1x2 plate in brown to go on the back of the horse.
The problem is that the plate matches the brown colour of the horse while the 1x2 brown brick is in a completely different shade of brown to the rest. The horse ends up with a darker brown square patch along its side when assembled.
Has anyone else noticed this on theirs?
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I've found a quality issue with all the Gandalf arrives sets I've opened. 7 sets so far.. When you put the horse together you get a 1x2 brick and a 1x2 plate in brown to go on the back of the horse.
The problem is that the plate matches the brown colour of the horse while the 1x2 brown brick is in a completely different shade of brown to the rest. The horse ends up with a darker brown square patch along its side when assembled.
Has anyone else noticed this on theirs?
Please contact LEGO about this. They will want to know so they can address it. They may ask you for the number printed on the inside of the box and where you ordered it, but they need to know so they can fix it. I know it seems like a small thing, but I once contacted them about a box that smelled like kerosene. They paid to have the box shipped to them so they could investigate. They do really want to know.

So back to the discussion at hand. I broke down and bought my first LOTR set, Gandalf's cart and I was rather pleased with it. It has great parts, plus I like his beard. Today I got the spider set...I was avoiding this because I really do not like spiders, but I was at the Walmart and decided to splurge. I'm hoping it will be rather good.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

I've been finding that the LOTR sets aren't as widely available in stores as some other lego lines, like SW or City or whatever. Has anyone else noticed this? I've visited Walmarts & Targets in multiple states over the past few weeks, and found that in about half of the stores they have either none, or in the case of Target, just the exclusive set. This was mostly in smaller towns, but even in a huge Target in Phoenix they only had 3 sets besides the exclusive.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

A Target near me had all of them except Helms Deep.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]